ANOTHER SIDEWALK SLALOM SESSION VIDEO

Slalom Skateboarding in Brasil

Moderator: Sammy Nogueira

Márcio Benevides
Marcio
Marcio

ANOTHER SIDEWALK SLALOM SESSION VIDEO

Post by Márcio Benevides » Tue Oct 16, 2007 7:21 pm

Here comes a video of our slalom session we usually have on a sidewalk.
That video is from last Sunday.
The sidewalk is in front of a church and we call that spot THE TEMPLE.

http://www.dailymotion.com/M4RC10/video/5407931

Joe Iacovelli

Post by Joe Iacovelli » Tue Oct 16, 2007 8:05 pm

Marcio,

Great video! Good to see Brazil is getting excited about slalom.

Can I suggest that you guys tighten up your rear trucks? Either stiffer bushings, more negative wedge, or just tighten the nut down.

It will help you go faster and at some point keep you from falling down.

Good luck and keep up the good work!

Joe

Márcio Benevides
Marcio
Marcio

Post by Márcio Benevides » Tue Oct 16, 2007 8:19 pm

Joe Iacovelli wrote:Marcio,

Great video! Good to see Brazil is getting excited about slalom.

Can I suggest that you guys tighten up your rear trucks? Either stiffer bushings, more negative wedge, or just tighten the nut down.
Thanks Joe for the good words...
All our boards are setup the way you said above. Thanks anyway!!
Only "JV" is riding a regular setup not suited for slalom.
We love slalom.

Slalom is Everything...

Flavio Badenes
Flavio
Flavio

Post by Flavio Badenes » Tue Oct 16, 2007 8:34 pm

Muito bom. Gostei do percurso :-)

Galera o Joe tem toda a razao. O eixo de tras tem que ser mais apertado mesmo. Outra coisa e que o angulo de ataque das rodas no eixo de tras tem que ser ajustado. Voces tem que experimentar com angulos de ataque diferente. Angulo mais fechado o eixo faz mais curva e tem menos impulso pra frente, angulo mais aberto o eixo faz menos curva e tem mais impulso pra frente. Para fazer isso testem diferentes combinacoes de raiser pads inclinados. Lembre-se de que quando voce adiciona um raiser a altura do eixo varia e o centro de gravidade tbm. Combinem isso. E pura Fisica, facil de entender.

Outra coisa os bracos. Os bracos tem que ser jogados em maior amplitude. Movimentos mais abertos. Principalmente naqueles offsetsinhos, joguem mais os bracos.

VELO!!! Acreditem em voces, bota pra baixo, mais velo. Dobrem mais os joelhos, o centro de gravidade mais baixo ajuda a manter a linha. Nao se acanhe de acertar cones. Coloque no lugar de novo e tentem outra vez.

Muito legal mesmo ver voces praticando a serio em um percurso serio. E isso ai.

Boa sorte e continuem o bom trabalho

Flavio Badenes
Flavio
Flavio

Post by Flavio Badenes » Tue Oct 16, 2007 9:01 pm

Márcio Benevides
Marcio
Marcio

Post by Márcio Benevides » Tue Oct 16, 2007 9:12 pm

Isso aí, Flávio... Obrigado!!
Nossos skates estão ajustados todos desta forma (wedges/dewedges, amortecedores com durezas diferentes, split duro wheels, foot stops, concaves etc...) Passo para a galera tudo que vejo e leio sobre equipamentos/eventos e a evolução dos atletas aqui é visível.
Praticamos slalom aqui em Porto Alegre desde 1999 e acompanhamos mesmo de longe a evolução da modalidade. Nós nunca tivemos aqui grandes eventos de slalom, somente os eventos locais de slalom feitos por nós mesmos, o que faz parecer que não praticávamos slalom por estas bandas, mas slalom sempre fez parte de nossas sessions por aqui.

Quanto ao percurso, sempre monto percursos técnicos para que a galera evolua cada vez e sinta prazer em zerar um percurso que exige do rider.

That is it, Flávio... Thank you!
Our boards are all setup they way you said (wedges/dewedges, different bushings duros, split duro wheels, foot stops, concave boards and so on...) I tell the guys here everything I see and read about equipments/events and the riders' progress are noticeable.
We have been riding slalom since 1999 in Porto Alegre and we try to keep updated with the discipline even living far from the main events. We did not never have any big slalom event here what seems that slalom is something never done by us but we have been doing it with passion. The only slalom events here were our local ones and those kept the slalom stoke among us. Slalom always made part of our skate sessions around here.

About the slalom course in the video: I always try to set challenging courses in order to make the riders improve their slalom skills and feel great to ride clean a demanding course.

Robert Gaisek
Robo
Robo

Post by Robert Gaisek » Tue Oct 16, 2007 9:20 pm

DAMN....YOU guys are GOOD!!

Sammy Nogueira
Sammy
Sammy

Post by Sammy Nogueira » Tue Oct 16, 2007 10:44 pm

Muito Louuuuco... é isso ai Cone burners invadindo o Pais...
Essa Calçada é muito legal.
Abraços
Sammy
Rogerio Nogueira
SAMMY
http://www.myspace.com/rogeriosammy
http://www.hardcontrol.net
CHIXILL ***** #sk8_slalom_independente

Iuri Quevedo

Post by Iuri Quevedo » Wed Oct 17, 2007 6:04 am

Marcio, my big friend!! I really miss this sessions in the sidewalk ,some times I whant to go back to Porto Alegre just to ride with my best friends!!! kkkkkk
This video is very niceeeeeeeeeeee, congratulations! And what about the times? Don`t forget:
- the best time over there is my!!
So, I hope somebody makes a better time!
Keep training because I`ll be back!! kkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk

best regards

Márcio Benevides
Marcio
Marcio

Post by Márcio Benevides » Wed Oct 17, 2007 5:06 pm

Flavio Badenes wrote:Nao conhecia este:

http://www.dailymotion.com/related/5407 ... tion_sport

ta melhor ainda
Thanks Flávio...
We all here also love that course. It is fast and challenging.
We have been riding it since January 1st 2007. That was the day I first set that specific course and the amazing thing is: we still want to ride it. It is hard to clean it more than 4 times in a row. It challenges us and we love it...

Flavio Badenes
Flavio
Flavio

Post by Flavio Badenes » Wed Oct 17, 2007 7:59 pm

The south of Brazil is way ahead the rest of the country. No wonder Kako is ruling

Márcio Benevides
Marcio
Marcio

Post by Márcio Benevides » Thu Oct 18, 2007 3:36 am

Iuri Quevedo wrote:Marcio, my big friend!! I really miss this sessions in the sidewalk ,some times I whant to go back to Porto Alegre just to ride with my best friends!!! kkkkkk
This video is very niceeeeeeeeeeee, congratulations! And what about the times? Don`t forget:
- the best time over there is my!!
So, I hope somebody makes a better time!
Keep training because I`ll be back!! kkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk

best regards
Iurão, the CAFÃO's king...
The Templo's slalom course is a great practice for the Germânia's slalom course.
We had today a session at Germânia's and it was nice to see the riders' skill improvement.
The slalom course at Germânia's are set on an asphalt surface what gives much more grip than the course set on the sidewalk and I believe it is giving more confidence to the riders at the Germania's.

Let's keep rolling!!! Slalom is Everything!!!