2008 Vondelpark Season opening (finally!)

Slalom Skateboarding in the Netherlands

Moderator: Flavio Badenes

Vladimir Lopatin

2008 Vondelpark Season opening (finally!)

Post by Vladimir Lopatin » Thu Apr 03, 2008 10:34 am

Yesterday evening turned out to be dry so I decided to try out some Vondelpark lanes and open this season at last (it's so rainy, jeesh!). No pics, so you just have to believe it.

Vondelpark is a nice place, 95% flat, not surprisingly though. Next month I am moving to live 1 block away from that area, so I foresee some intense flat slalom sessions very soon, if whether grants a dry evening.

Could somebody recommend a shop or some place to get a timer and 30-60 (100) cones now? Since I will be living close, it wouldn't be a problem to get all the equipment to the park.

Thanks,
Vlad

Jani Soderhall
ISSA President 2011-2024
ISSA President 2011-2024

Re: 2008 Vondelpark Season opening (finally!)

Post by Jani Soderhall » Thu Apr 03, 2008 12:18 pm

Vladimir Lopatin wrote:Could somebody recommend a shop or some place to get a timer and 30-60 (100) cones now?
I think I'm about the only one selling timers in Europe (Trackmate). I should have a second hand timer if you're interested.

Cones will be back in stock in time for Trocadero Grand Prix May 8-12, and considering the weight and cost of transportation, the best would be if you come and/or a friend of yours could bring a stack of cones back.

Write to me at: jani@slalomskateboarder DOT com
and I'll start looking through my timer boxes.

/Jani

ConeRacing.com

Vladimir Lopatin

Post by Vladimir Lopatin » Thu Apr 03, 2008 1:38 pm

Thanks for the reply, Jani

Paris is just a couple of hours from Amsterdam and I was planning to meat up with some folks from Moscow there anyways.

Yes I am interested ) What is the price (average)?

Thanks,
Vlad

Flavio Badenes
Flavio
Flavio

Post by Flavio Badenes » Thu Apr 03, 2008 3:13 pm

Vlad, I have 100 cones at home. No timing system though. I live not far from the VP.
I skate in Diemerpark, as a matter of fact I skated there yesterday.
Diemerpark is better than VP because is has small hills. So it is not flat.
Let's keep in touch.
I think it is going to rain again this weekend............

The best spots in Amsterdam are Floriade, Sparnwoude and Sloten SportPark. There you find steep hills, or at least steep enough.

With time you will see all of these places.
It is really good to read that you a really going fpor it here, we need people like you.
Looking foward to meet you in person
FB

Vladimir Lopatin

Post by Vladimir Lopatin » Fri Apr 04, 2008 1:14 pm

Hey, Flavio

I saw your post yesterday but had a very intense evening, including Jessica Alba taking a shower in "Pathe" theater, so I couldn't reply to you straight away, sorry.

It would be great to skate together. I have posted my phone number already - so if an evening is dry and you feel like meeting up - drop me a line. Or leave me your details. I am thinking about 2-4 times riding per week, if weather allows. I don't mind indoors either.

Judging from the activity on this forum, I started to get afraid that local skating community is just a bunch of peaceful familyguys, doing occasional fitness riding once in a couple of months. I am really looking forward to seeing that I am wrong =)

No offense, just picking on you a bit, guys. Let's get some action into this slumbering (in slalom skating terms) city already!

Regards,
Vlad

Flavio Badenes
Flavio
Flavio

Post by Flavio Badenes » Fri Apr 04, 2008 9:17 pm

peaceful familyguys, ....?????
You are talking about riding flat stuff in Vondelpark and you are calling me a peaceful familyguy? :-)
hummmmmmmm

anyways I called you today and I left a msg with my phone number. Call me tomorrow if you feel like skating in the afternoon

Vladimir Lopatin

Post by Vladimir Lopatin » Fri Apr 04, 2008 10:27 pm

Crap! I've left my phone at home today. I'll check it out as soonn as I get back, which should be in a couple of hours ;)

Oh, flat pumping can be tough too, I am sure you know that =)

Vlad