20%
no
80%

Total votes: 5

Jadranko Radovanovic

SPSR- 2. CONES

Post by Jadranko Radovanovic » Wed Nov 08, 2006 9:46 pm

2. CONES

2.1 The first cone shall be placed no closer than 4 meters from the starting ramp.

2.2 The cones shall have an approximate base diameter or 140 mm and shall stand within a circle drawn immediately around the cones.

2.3 Each course shall consist of a series of cones placed in a straight line. The distance between cones shall be 1.7 m (measured from center to center).

2.4 It is the duty of the cone marshalls to check that the cones are placed correctly after each run. If a cone was incorrectly placed before a run the skater may choose to take another run or to keep the time he/she received.

2.5 The number of cones should be exactly 36.

2.6 The finish line should be placed 0.5 meter after the last cone, thus creating a course of exactly 60 meters.

Carsten Pingel
Carsten Pingel
Carsten Pingel

Post by Carsten Pingel » Thu Nov 09, 2006 9:21 am

2.3 ??? What about Hybrid and GS ? There are other distances between the cones !

Jani Soderhall
ISSA President 2011-2024
ISSA President 2011-2024

Post by Jani Soderhall » Thu Nov 09, 2006 1:24 pm

Carsten,
SPSR (in the title) = straight slalom. The other cone distances (for GS etc) are in other topics.

The idea was to create a cyber slalom event before cyber itself existed. I think the exact number was used to create a course of a certain distance. I don't know if there is any real interest in that logic, it would probably be smarter to just say 40 cones nowadays.

/Jani

Carsten Pingel
Carsten Pingel
Carsten Pingel

Post by Carsten Pingel » Thu Nov 09, 2006 3:19 pm

ok, I see ! Sorry !:-)

Ramón Königshausen
Airflow - Skateboards
Airflow - Skateboards

Post by Ramón Königshausen » Thu Nov 09, 2006 7:06 pm

I agree with this part of the rule:
2.1 The first cone shall be placed no closer than 4 meters from the starting ramp.
It feels quite unconfortable to come down the starting ramp and immedialtely have to enter the slalom course.

I'm against these two arguments of the rule:
2.3 Each course shall consist of a series of cones placed in a straight line. The distance between cones shall be 1.7 m (measured from center to center).
It ought to be made a difference between flat and downhill courses. For flat straight slalom it is necessarily recommended not to make it wider than 1.70 (Pros). 1.60 would be best. (The tighter the better you can accellerate)

For downhill competitions it depends on the slope angle. 1.70 or 1.80 can already be really tough...
2.5 The number of cones should be exactly 36.
As Jani said; 40 or more

rmn
Feel the flow – Airflow Skateboards

Real skateboard wheels come in green – ABEC11

Enjoy the ride – GOG Slalom & DH Trucks