DeeeQuuuueing

general rules, special-tight-giant rules

Moderators: Jonathan Harms, Robert Thiele

Richy Carrasco
AXE Army
AXE Army

DeeeQuuuueing

Post by Richy Carrasco » Wed Jul 27, 2005 3:17 am

Here is a rule that should be considered! If a rider DQs and continues riding the course (trying to Bluff the other rider into a DQ himself) and Hinders the other rider either physically or with cone carnage, I think there could be imposed the double DQ ! If the rider who was still in the race DQs because of the effect! I have seen riders DQ then go into the other riders lane by not paying attention, I have been in races where the other guy DQs and blazes forward and plowes cones into my lane, if I would have DQed I think this rule would be a good deterant and would make for better sportsmanship!

Justin Pannulla
Justin Thyme
Justin Thyme

Post by Justin Pannulla » Wed Jul 27, 2005 5:37 am

That sounds like a good idea, its no fun being sabotaged, be it by accident or on purpose.
"I like symmetry and geometric shapes"
"I wanted my head to appear small, and the easiest way to do that was to make my body bigger."

Wesley Tucker
1961-2013 (RIP)
1961-2013 (RIP)

Post by Wesley Tucker » Wed Jul 27, 2005 4:58 pm

Richy,

I agree with you completely. I only have one question: who decides if someone is trying to hack an opponent? Would it mean bringing in some kind of referee to make SUBJECTIVE decisions about a racer's behavior?

What would concern me is if some kind of "mob mentality" took over. Some guy loses control and ends up interfering with his opponent and everyone starts yelling, "HEY! He did that on purpose!" Or, if someone DID do it on purpose and then starts crying, "I lost control and fell out of the course." On the one hand you've got a racer who legitimately lost control and on the other you got a schmuck who tried to take out the other guy. Who decides which is which?

What I like about slalom is that it is so OBJECTIVE: start, run cones, finish. If you hit a cone, penalty - if you leave the course, DQ. Period. Heck, with the new Trakmate four-tone system, the question of false-starting has been eliminated. Getting judges and referees involved to determine if someone's behavior is appropriate or not just sounds complicated.

Again, let me say I'm not arguing with your point. Being a jerk is something that should be thwarted from the outset. But how do we determine if someone is a jerk or just an out of control skater? And who makes the call?

Donald Campbell
Pavel
Pavel

Post by Donald Campbell » Wed Jul 27, 2005 6:32 pm

bottom line should be:if you dq and you continue racing the course against your opponent with malicious intent,you get a double whammy.

most of the racers i know,know when they dq.

next argument against it,please?

Dave Gale
Dave Gale
Dave Gale

Post by Dave Gale » Sat Jul 30, 2005 1:01 pm

Next argument??? I didn't think there was a previous argument! It's as simple as you stated Don.
ENJOY!! (while you can)

Donald Campbell
Pavel
Pavel

Post by Donald Campbell » Sat Jul 30, 2005 5:46 pm

i was on drugs
hahahahaha

Tod Oles
Lone Stranger Racing
Lone Stranger Racing

Post by Tod Oles » Sat Jul 30, 2005 6:28 pm

How about a centerline rule like the NHRA does for drag racing... I realize chalking a center line on a dual course would be just that much more time consuming, but would probably
squelch most arguments if it ever came up...........or create new ones.......who knows.?