Should I do it?

Slalom Skateboard Decks forum

Moderator: Marion Karr

Aaron Yowell

Should I do it?

Post by Aaron Yowell » Tue Sep 01, 2009 6:06 am

I have a FibreFlex® 44" pin tail that is a few years old. It's a non concave cambered one from 06' I believe. It gets little use and I can't seem to sell it. Would it be blasphemy to chop it down to 33" and use it a ts deck? Would it even be worth it? I'm new to the slalom world and I'm itching for different set ups.

Pierre Gravel
Pierre Gravel
Pierre Gravel

Post by Pierre Gravel » Tue Sep 01, 2009 4:05 pm

I'd say sell it for a bit less to someone who will use it as it is and buy a modern slalom board with concave and a tail with the money. Check the Fullbag website for some really good and affordable options.

http://www.fullbagskates.com
Ride more, post less.

Rick Floyd
Pink Floyd Skates
Pink Floyd Skates

Post by Rick Floyd » Tue Sep 01, 2009 4:24 pm

Aaron - as a bonus, with the exchange rate as of today, you'll save about $9 on a new Fullbag too.

-Rick
(Team Fullbag America)
"All the money in the world can not buy sharing the excitement of life with other people. Nothing else matters."

- Jason Mitchell (Criddlezine Interview)

Joe Iacovelli

Post by Joe Iacovelli » Tue Sep 01, 2009 4:57 pm

+1 for Pierre's advice

I'd be worried about how that deck might splinter as you tried to re-size it.

Aaron Yowell

Post by Aaron Yowell » Tue Sep 01, 2009 9:16 pm

I know... I was just trying to get creative since I can't find an old K. Mollica PPS deck. I already have a Fullbag HS, an AXE II and, 2.5. Love em all especialy the Fullbag.
Who out there makes custom SHAPED wood/fiberglass decks?
Thanks guys.

Art Pryde

Deck advise

Post by Art Pryde » Sat Sep 05, 2009 8:37 am

Hey Aaron, I have no problems with your post, but this is a CLASSIC case where others on-line(including me) thought that you are low on cash and just want to try and get into slalom, but only to find out later that you have a full and respectful quiver of slalom decks already.

It would help everyone, to initially post what decks you already have, and then post your question.
OBTW. I was also thinking of doing what you asked about to a 44" Fibreflex pintail, but didn't and I'm very glad that I didn't, as I use it to cruise around on.