Roe ps2.8
47%
Fatboy TS/Hybrid slalom deck on Mile High
40%

Total votes: 15

Connor Smith

Fatboy or Roe

Post by Connor Smith » Sun May 14, 2006 4:03 pm

Hey everyone I am totally new here and this will be my second post. I really appreciate this forum and I hope everyone else is enjoying it too! Anyway, here is my question, Roe or Fatboy!!? I am so confused on which one to get, I relaly like both. I was looking at the ps3.0 or ps2.8 and the Fatboy ts hybrid slalom model that is on Mile high skates (the only Fatboy on there). I am a beginner slalomer and I want a good all around board (for slalom obviously). So whats is gonna be--Fatboy or Roe? Thanks!!! I really appreciate it.

Marty Schaub
Old LaCosta Boy
Old LaCosta Boy

Fats!

Post by Marty Schaub » Sun May 14, 2006 11:14 pm

Viva FATBOY!!!!

(Sorry Gareth.....)

Truly the advice you received with your other post is correct. For a newbie, it's all about the trucks, bushings, risers & wheels. Once you start to exceed your beginner set-up then look to drop some ducats with a bit more knowledge. Also, every time you skate, check out everyone's deck(s) & set-ups. Ask all of the why's you can think of. Been there, done that.
La Costa Boy For Life

Connor Smith

Post by Connor Smith » Mon May 15, 2006 1:35 am

K, thanks a lot, I have purchased a Roe and my other stuff already but thanks any way, I like your advice about the other stuff (trucks wheels) Here's what I got

Tracker 106mm rtx/s pair
Retro Zigzags lemon lime combo 80-83a 66mm
White Khiro barrels front
Tracker blue superballs back
I will experiment with the following:
2 Khiro Ten Deg. Wedges Soft
2 Tracker 5 Deg. Wedges Hard
Roe PS2.8

Just an extra:
I also got a Highlander II by motion longboards!

Martin Drayton
Gecko Decks
Gecko Decks

Sounds sweet!

Post by Martin Drayton » Tue May 16, 2006 6:44 am

I know as a Roe Team rider everyone will think I'm biased...But I ride a Roe out of choice. Great build quality, sparkling performance and podium proven... The 2.8 will get you through just about anything.
You would be pretty happy with either, both manufacturers build with love for the sport and fun for the end user in mind.
The rest of the set-up sounds wicked, the 66's are a great do-everything race wheel and will give you great confidence because of their amazing grip.
The only thing I would think about would be the wedges...Vibration is your enemy, so I would opt for soft wedges rather than hard.

Have fun!

Paul Howard

Apples and Oranges

Post by Paul Howard » Sat May 19, 2007 10:36 pm

A flex/camber Roe will work great if you ride with at least one foot(or both feet) in between the trucks and learn how to pump the flexing camber and have a nice feel on bigger courses. Now that Roe has lower camber, each deck will be more usable for a wider range of courses.

A stiff noncamber Fatboy will likely be a bit easier to learn on and have the consistency factor of a stiff noncamber deck and be a good "one gun" deck but possibly not be as smooth on mediocre pavement or have that nice fluid pump/bounce on bigger courses.

That's my 2 cents - Paul
I just dig slalom!