Updating Deck Manufacturers

Slalom Skateboard Decks forum

Moderator: Marion Karr

Sam Gordon
Sam Gordon
Sam Gordon

Updating Deck Manufacturers

Post by Sam Gordon » Wed Dec 07, 2005 1:53 am

It would be good to see on the main forum that there should be featured the long established manufacturers such as Indiana and Fibretec, so as to compliment the new companies such as CHIxILL and others. Certainly many of the Luca deck posts could be filed and ordered under the former.

Some of the other companies on the main forum may no longer be relevant given a change in marketing direction, and could therefore possibly be moved to the General Slalom Skateboard Deck forum.

Wesley Tucker
1961-2013 (RIP)
1961-2013 (RIP)

Manufacturer's Forum

Post by Wesley Tucker » Wed Dec 07, 2005 2:18 am

Sam,

I'm the one who's been rearranging the deck forums. I'd be glad to give Fibretec and Indiana a forum.

Firstly, I've contacted Indiana in the past and they were not receptive to the idea of having one. I forget the reasons, but I did e-mail both Chris and Maurus about it. I also discussed it with Jani. Again, I forget the discussions as this was almost two years ago, but no one at Indiana seemed excited about the idea. I'll be glad to change that at any time, but quite honestly it hasn't come up again.

Also, I will be very honest: Fibretec is a board that I've only seen online. So if there's a contact and if people there want a forum, I'll be glad to give it to them.

Finally, what manufacturers are no longer relevant? Who's not building slalom boads anymore that still has a forum? I'll be glad to edit whatever needs to be done.

Thanks.

Sam Gordon
Sam Gordon
Sam Gordon

Post by Sam Gordon » Wed Dec 07, 2005 6:28 pm

Hi Wes, thanks for the reply.

I was under the impression that Comet, for example, had stopped the manufacturing of the beautifully shaped Gary Cross and O'Shei models in favour of a more cruiser/ longboard oriented direction. On further inspection it looks like the Proflex models might indeed offer up a good shape for GS/ Super G and so could be considered relevant.

Equally, the Wefunk forum has Alex's 'Final Announcement' posting. Although it appears that that was it for the brand, with further investigation it would seem that he is still producing the popular race shapes for http://www.geoskate.com. That's good to see.

As regards the other companies, I'm surprised to hear about Indiana's comparative lack of interest, given that this site can be an effective marketing tool. Perhaps they are more active on European forums.

The link for Fibretec is http://www.fibretec.ch/.

Sam

Alex Luxat

Post by Alex Luxat » Fri Dec 09, 2005 1:09 am

Equally, the Wefunk forum has Alex's 'Final Announcement' posting. Although it appears that that was it for the brand, with further investigation it would seem that he is still producing the popular race shapes for www.geoskate.com. That's good to see.
yup, i´m still here and even i made a final announcement there is the saying "never say never".
just posted a new downhill deck and i´m moving into a new workshop with a new partnership to do motorbike parts in feb.
i won´t do custommades anymore but whenever i´ll have the time i´ll lam some decks.
hey i really need that extra money!

cheers from cologne

Sam Gordon
Sam Gordon
Sam Gordon

Post by Sam Gordon » Fri Dec 09, 2005 10:31 am

Excellent news, Alex! I was a little concerned when you didn't turn up in Antibes that you might have dropped from the radar. I'm pleased to find out that you were just keeping your head down to work up your design/ manufacturing skills!

Hope to see you at a few more of the races next year (with your Suzuki powered downhill board) and thanks for keeping in touch as to how the Wefunk brand is developing!

Sam

Jani Soderhall
ISSA President 2011-2024
ISSA President 2011-2024

Post by Jani Soderhall » Fri Dec 09, 2005 3:27 pm

Regarding Indiana what I recall was that they didn't want a forum where they wouldn't be active and take care of questions that come up. They thought that would be worse than no forum at all.

Apparently they didn't want to spend the time needed online to keep it up.

Also, despite the fact that they have some of the best racers in the world, they don't have many products for the hard core racers. That was about to change and maybe it already has.

/Jani

Will Deming

Post by Will Deming » Mon Jan 09, 2006 5:20 pm

What about a subsonic section? i wanna talk about my polywog!

subsonic also has more slalom type decks other than the polywog