Trucks for a SC8 MACADAM 33.5 INCH by 7.5 inch deck

Slalom Skateboard Decks forum

Moderator: Marion Karr

Tim Robinson
Tim Robinson
Tim Robinson

Trucks for a SC8 MACADAM 33.5 INCH by 7.5 inch deck

Post by Tim Robinson » Mon Aug 30, 2004 2:44 pm

My wife has just bought me a stunning French made deck with the above dimentions. It is rated as a Hard and has 1.7 inches of camber. This is my first skateboard since my Bahne superflex of the 70's. I don't want to race , just carve some nice turns in style and show my son that his Dad is cool! Having said that i like a trick setup. Are the Radical trucks too narrow for this deck? The others i was thinking of are the "Original skateboards" 6's or 8's. I thought the 8's might be good as at 180mm they would be stable but they are still suposed to turn well. Wheels will probably be flasbacks or Avalons or some other big sticky ones. I love this site you guys have here and I am sure the sport will only go from strength to strength.........................now where are those Vans i used to have????

Alex Walters

Post by Alex Walters » Tue Aug 31, 2004 1:33 am

The radikals would not be too narrow but they're expensive. 180mm is almost 10 inches. I would consider that way to wide for a 7.5 inch deck. Also the wheels will add some width especially the ones you mentioned (flashbacks, avalons). I would recommend tracker 106mm Racetracks or 105mm Seismics with Avalons, Grippins or Flashbacks.

Tim Robinson
Tim Robinson
Tim Robinson

Trucks

Post by Tim Robinson » Tue Aug 31, 2004 1:52 am

Thanks for that info Alex. So i guess the "original" 6's at 150 or 6inches will be too wide also? Iwill have another look at the Radikals. Tell me though are they all the same dimentions just with different finishes?
Thanks TIM

Pierre-Yves Ritschard
panda
panda

Post by Pierre-Yves Ritschard » Tue Aug 31, 2004 10:34 am

If you're not thinking about hitting cones with your board, and just cruising around (this model is not a slalom board anyway), you might want to consider indy's 139 or 160 with abec11 flashbacks or avalons, i think it will provide a smoother ride, the randall II 150 are also an option.

I used to ride this board with that kind of setup and was really happy with it.