3DM decks - better price?

Slalom Skateboard Decks forum

Moderator: Marion Karr

Barry Gourley

3DM decks - better price?

Post by Barry Gourley » Tue Jan 06, 2004 2:41 am

OK NOW, this is probable the biggest dumb ass question i'll ask this week.
I would like to get one of thoes kick-ass 3DM boards with seismics on it, now dont hurt yourselfs laughing ,I looking for a lower price.
Thanks,
Barry

Adam Trahan
Phoenix, AZ, USA
Phoenix, AZ, USA

Post by Adam Trahan » Tue Jan 06, 2004 2:48 am

...call Howard Gordon, goto the 3dm website, find the number and talk to him.

Glenn S

Post by Glenn S » Tue Jan 06, 2004 2:54 am

Barry,
The very same deck but with the Bahne name was being sold over the holidays for $100. If I didn't have to much stuff already I'd have liked to have one. Great deal, really, I rode one, get it. Hey, and besides they've got the much more historic Bahne name on them ;-) Bahne is Jack Smith's company, he's the guy in the lead for slalomskateboarder.com skateboarder of the year. http://www.bahneskateboards.com/

Wesley Tucker
1961-2013 (RIP)
1961-2013 (RIP)

Post by Wesley Tucker » Tue Jan 06, 2004 3:15 am

Well, not to argue but I'l give a dissenting opinion. I've ridden two 3DM/Bahne Banshees (ur13s and Parsons) and it's an "OK" board for me. The construction is impeccable and the ride is smooth as glass on oil.

Then again, anything that heavy should be smooth! Maybe I'm just too much of a foam and glass kind of guy, but the first thing I noticed when I picked up Parson's board is just how much it weighs. To me, anything with a lot of weight requires a lot of inertia to get it to go one direction and then another. The flex is satisfactory and the graphics (which I understand is all the new schoolers really look for today in a new board?) are marvelous. This board, though, really is a tank. Then again, a tank pointed in a straight line going down a mountain can be a thrilling ride.

Try to find one, Barry, and ride it before coming up with the bucks. I'm not saying don't buy one. For all I know it might be perfect for you. Then again, anytime you're looking at more than $100 for skate equipment, a test ride is ALWAYS in order.

Glenn S

Post by Glenn S » Tue Jan 06, 2004 7:22 am

Good point Wesley.
Barry, what are your intentions with this deck? Your just getting back into skating after some time off? What are you riding now?
PS. But I do think that if your after a deck like this the price is good, and that is what you ask for first.

Jack Smith
Morro Bay Skate legend
Morro Bay Skate legend

Post by Jack Smith » Tue Jan 06, 2004 3:51 pm

Hey Wes,

Thanks for the nice words about the Banshee. Do you recall the trucks and wheels Brian P. was running?

The Banshee deck is actually incredibly light. I am guessing that the weight you felt was the truck/wheel combo.

Keep skating!

Jack Smith
Bahne Skateboards

Ricky Byrd
ByrdDog
ByrdDog

Post by Ricky Byrd » Tue Jan 06, 2004 4:31 pm

Barry,
A Banshee at the price Jack has them at now is a steal. Believe me, these decks are fine. The rolled top is odd at first but once you learn to use it to your advantage y'all love it. Sure, find someone who has one and ride it. This will only make you want one more.

Like Glenn said "get it".

Post by Guest » Tue Jan 06, 2004 4:38 pm

I think Wes was thinking of my deck weighing a ton. It had 11ply wood risers, PVD R2s and avilas which in themselves weigh a ton. As I remember parson's had tracker or a tracker/indy offset combo and avalons.

I am not a huge fan of big boards but I LOVE my 36" 3dm deck (same as the bahne deck with just a simple red graphic howard and i came up with, it is like a fine itialian sports car though I am not saying which one).

I ride this deck often for bigger courses and love it (BTW Jack, the one Wes rode at Da Farm was set up just like this one, though this one is redrilled).

The convex top and high camber had me a bit unsure at first but the more I have ridden the deck the more I have come to appreciate them, if anything I would like MORE convex on the tail. It is a big slalom deck that rides shorter unlike about of other 36" so called slalom boards I have ridden. The feel/flex is stiff yet positive.

Construction can't be matched as this is more snowboard than skateboard which gives is a veru durable feel.

I know there is a 30" version in the pipe right now with even longer versions talked about.......

Barry Gourley

better price

Post by Barry Gourley » Thu Jan 08, 2004 11:18 pm

Thanks everyone for ALL your input, I ened up ordering a blk hill with seismics and 3DM avalons from Gary Fluitt. We talked a little and he seems like a really nice guy. I cant whate for it to get here!!!! Ive been scoping out differant places around to ride thats not to buisy.<---- I think we need a spell checker,wouldnt you agree????
Thanks,
Barry

Dan Parrish

A "Longboard"?

Post by Dan Parrish » Sat Jan 10, 2004 7:02 am

Anyone know the standard wheelbase of this deck?
Is it 30"?

....I'm getting the toys, now, if I could only get to PLAY!

Howard Gordon
1953-2010 (RIP)
1953-2010 (RIP)

Post by Howard Gordon » Sat Jan 10, 2004 4:09 pm

Wheelbase on the 3dm 36" is 24.5".

Barry Gourley

3DM board

Post by Barry Gourley » Sat Jan 10, 2004 8:29 pm

Howard,
How much is the Red 3DM board by its self?? griped
Thanks,
Barry

Howard Gordon
1953-2010 (RIP)
1953-2010 (RIP)

Post by Howard Gordon » Sun Jan 11, 2004 12:53 am

You should check with Dan at Seismic (seismicsk8@aol.com) to confirm, but the decks are listed on the shopping cart at $145 ( http://store.yahoo.com/3dm-sport/ ), with completes at $199 and $209, depending on the trucks.

By the way, the 24.5" wheelbase is measured between the innermost truck mounting holes. Axle-to-axle wheelbase will be closer to 27", though the deck was designed to allow redrilling as much as 2" shorter or 2" wider wheelbase.