Down to 2 boards!!!!

Slalom Skateboard Decks forum

Moderator: Marion Karr

Hunter Singleton

Down to 2 boards!!!!

Post by Hunter Singleton » Mon Nov 24, 2003 3:10 am

I have come to the conclusion that I want a (A) Roe Racing PS Unlimited:
or a Comet O'Shei competiton series( the one on the right):
Image Please tell me if you have any suggestions!

Glenn S

Post by Glenn S » Mon Nov 24, 2003 3:52 am

Hunter,
If your gunna get one deck and you've decided on the two makers you've listed above; I say get a "Crossfire" instead of either of those shapes ;-) .

Because.....you can skate a shorter wheelbase through a tighter course easier than a longer wheelbase through a tigher course. And courses seem to be getting much tighter on both sides of the USA.

Slalom skaters like Luca Giammarco and Brent Kosick do great on short wheelbases on GS courses. So a short wheelbase can do GS, and do it well. Whereas I think it is harder to punch a longer wheelbase through a tight course especially if the hill has any steepness to it.

Shorter wheelbases are easier to pump, and in my opinion easier to learn to pump on too.

And the Crossfire has a nice full outline for both feet. I know it's outline may seem very basic, but that is the beauty of it IMO. It is just what is needed, nothing more nothing less.

Rick Stanziale
Red Clay Racing
Red Clay Racing

Post by Rick Stanziale » Mon Nov 24, 2003 1:29 pm

Hunter, I see you're in Lynchburg, I'll be in Christiansburg, VA for Thanskgiving and if you're around I'll meet you halfway (?) in Roanoke if you want to run some cones. I've got a cut-up Comet Cross and a Roe Hollien TS you're welcome to try.

Tod Oles
Lone Stranger Racing
Lone Stranger Racing

Post by Tod Oles » Tue Nov 25, 2003 2:10 am

Hunter,

I have a PS Unlimited and I love it, but now that I'm 3 months into slalom
I'd have to agree with Glenn. I have a Roe S-camber on the way. I think
as a practical benefit (for me) a shorter wheelbase will give more options of where I can set courses up. Having a hill won't be quite so important as a shorter board gets up to speed quicker on flatland.

Just "my" thoughts. Have fun!! Tod

Troy Smart

Just typing to type

Post by Troy Smart » Tue Nov 25, 2003 2:23 am

This is a bit off topic but kind of ties in.
At the race in WV this summer I could only bring one board so I brought what I spend the most time on. A GS deck.
It did'nt work in the 6 foot straight at all. The wheelbase was just too long.
When I got home I drilled another set of holes shortening the wheelbase by an inch and a half.
6 Ft is no longer a problem on that board.
The extra tail does not seem to get in the way either.
As a matter of fact I think I like this board in tight cones as much as my smaller board.
There are other benefits to using a longer board too.
I don't use my smaller "tight slalom" board much because I feel like a dork on it.
It's just too small.
I feel much cooler on a bigger board.
If I feel cool, then I am cool.
If I feel like a dork....well...
Plus, if you choke on race day then you can always blame it on using the "wrong" board.
And if you do well, then you have done well despite using the "wrong" board.