Slalom Skateboard Decks forum

Moderator: Marion Karr

Barret Deck
SSS - Pocket Pistol Skates
SSS - Pocket Pistol Skates

Need Concave?

Post by Barret Deck » Sat Nov 22, 2003 7:52 pm

Need Concave? Now Available Pistol C Block Kits
Large 4 3/4 wide goes from 1" thick to 0 kit contains 2-16" blocks and 1-8" block

Small 2 5/8 wide goes from 5/8" thick to 0 kit contains 2-16" blocks and 1-8" block

Blocks come with an adhesive backing just peel and stick. Blocks are easily trimmed with a razor blade to custom fit any deck. Just grip over and you're set. Blocks are made from high density foam that will not affect the flex or performance of your board.

Hans Koraeus
Corky - World Ranking Master Mind

Post by Hans Koraeus » Sun Nov 23, 2003 12:44 am

I saw this on Chickens board in Morro Bay and I thought it was a very good idea to try out for next season. I'm convinced it will make your foot stay in place much better without using the so hated nose foot block. And I actually get the feeling it will help you turn quicker too. But then I haven't tried. I have tried slalom boards with a small kicktail and that really feels good. But I haven't understood why. Maybe beacuse you get the feeling the foot really will stays in place as I said above. Maybe we could get some answers from Chicken himself.

Will it make you go faster or will it only make you go safer?

Hans Koraeus

Post by Hans Koraeus » Sun Nov 23, 2003 12:50 am

Maybe it should be enough to put it only on the heel side of the board. Turning down the board with your toes is easier than with your heels.

Have you tried that?

Or maybe the toe side is then needed more for keeping foot in place?

Mike Cividino

Post by Mike Cividino » Sun Nov 23, 2003 4:28 am

At The Farm Kenny had a a block under his front toes and his rear heel on his 36" PP. Looks like a good idea....I will have to order some with my new pistol...

Henry Julier
Ick Sticks
Ick Sticks

Post by Henry Julier » Tue Dec 02, 2003 5:21 am

Ick Carerras have built-in concave.

WWW.ICKSTICKS.COM

Hans Koraeus

Post by Hans Koraeus » Tue Dec 02, 2003 4:42 pm

Well, the advantage with the above "blocks", I thought, was just the fact that it wasn't built-in. Concave is good but very personal in how much and where you want it on your board.

Martin Drayton
Gecko Decks
Gecko Decks

Post by Martin Drayton » Tue Jun 22, 2004 2:58 pm

Just used one of Chicken's small foam kit on a slightly rockered deck and it feels rock solid! Applied in a very similar way to the photos...Quite subtle, just enough to hold my front foot in position and guide my back foot into place while also helping me increase downforce and grip.
Very nice!