Super G Board Set Up?

Slalom Skateboard Decks forum

Moderator: Marion Karr

Adam Trahan
Phoenix, AZ, USA
Phoenix, AZ, USA

Post by Adam Trahan » Mon Sep 09, 2002 5:02 am

I have recently have ordered a 36" Pocket Pistol Super G board. My plan is to set it up with Sesimic 135mm with trimmed lip Avalons. The board seems very stable and I am currently in the process of tunning it before I go and rev it up for the drop.

Can any of you post your board configuration?

I am looking at up to and around 35mph on this board. Racing the clock at this speed will demand a board that I am very comfortable with. I plan to get a lot of time on the black ribbon with this one...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: adam trahan on 2002-09-19 16:39 ]</font>

Leonardo Ojeda
Venezuelan Racer
Venezuelan Racer

Post by Leonardo Ojeda » Tue Sep 17, 2002 11:31 pm

I use a 32" Landyachtz Mummy with 135 seismics yellow front and red springs on back, with flashbacks 75a.

i use this for my everyday transportation and to runs sgs and gs courses, pics will be up, as soon i learn how to post them :smile:

leo
"I`ll see you at the end of the hill"

Noah Heinle
Noah

Post by Noah Heinle » Thu Sep 19, 2002 10:25 pm

Adam, I recently picked up a 36" Pistol from Chicken. He was generous enough to offer one to racer with the fastest time at da farm this year, and the rain came just in time for me to secure it. (If it was a sunny day, someone else would likely have won it.) My exact board is the one on the left in the pic you posted. It's freakin' beautiful. Thanks Chicken!

Anyway, for the last week, I've had it set up with an RTS in front and a RTX offset in back. The back truck is MUCH wider than the front and while it feels great at speed, I think it will feel much better with a Turner TTC 127 in the back and a 119 RTS in front. I should have that config mounted up soon and I'll post more detailed feedback then. In the meantime, the board ROCKS.

Richy Carrasco
AXE Army
AXE Army

Post by Richy Carrasco » Sun Mar 02, 2003 5:51 am

On My Pistol 36 I ride reg Race tracks x and s and cant wait to get an offset for the rear. I tried wider trucks and felt to much tracking that made me not as quick when I needed some extra umph!I have rode this setup through all the WLAC GS races.

Joachim Leonhardt
LeonhardtART
LeonhardtART

Post by Joachim Leonhardt » Wed Apr 16, 2003 8:41 pm

My 36 Super-G was set up by Chicken with 126 Indy front and TTC 127 in the back.
It works perfect.
Maybe I change the TTC 127 to an INDY Offset....

Marky Mark

Post by Marky Mark » Wed Jul 02, 2003 6:25 am

what size wheel base are we talking about on a GS board(inside mounting bolt)Would a slalom board with 20.5" be a disadvantage.

Chris Johnson

Post by Chris Johnson » Sat Jul 05, 2003 1:35 am

after just ordering a chicken wing i am planning on setting it up with a rtx with a slight positive wedge and a yellow stim in front. The rear gets a rts offset with a steep negative wedge and a green stim. of course with 80a avalons.

hopefully to much tweaking won't be needed, but who knows, i havent even ridden it yet.