Prototype Hybrid/GS...first pics.

Gecko Slalom Boards

Moderator: Martin Drayton

Martin Drayton
Gecko Decks
Gecko Decks

Prototype Hybrid/GS...first pics.

Post by Martin Drayton » Thu Jul 09, 2009 2:56 pm

Heres the new quiver just in time for Hood River...both with the new "Crowbar" footstops.
The SLE tight slalom model, 30" with 18-19" wheelbase...
Now joined by the HGS for Hybrid and Giant Slalom, this is a proto the production version will have the integrated tail wedge and some tail concave.
It has 20, 21 & 22" wheelbases to cover all eventualities, 34" x 9.25", stiff flex and pumps like a Sailor on a Saturday Night!

See you at Hood, give it a spin!

Martin.

Martin Drayton
Gecko Decks
Gecko Decks

Post by Martin Drayton » Sat Jul 25, 2009 1:13 am

Well, the deck performed well for me at Hood River with a 5th in GS and a Bronze medal in the Hybrid....two events I am notoriously bad at! I look forward to riding it more than the 2 hours I spent on it prior to the event!
On a sidenote, Geckos scored 2 Bronze medals and one Gold (under the feet of an unnamed rider sponsored by another manufacturer) at the World Champs....not bad!

MD

Bruno Ribeiro

Post by Bruno Ribeiro » Sat Jul 25, 2009 2:04 am

Good Job, Martin!

How much this deck will cost?
Fucking 50's rules!!!

Sebastien Leger
Seb
Seb

Post by Sebastien Leger » Sat Jul 25, 2009 3:33 am

Martin Drayton wrote:Well, the deck performed well for me at Hood River with a 5th in GS and a Bronze medal in the Hybrid....two events I am notoriously bad at! I look forward to riding it more than the 2 hours I spent on it prior to the event!
On a sidenote, Geckos scored 2 Bronze medals and one Gold (under the feet of an unnamed rider sponsored by another manufacturer) at the World Champs....not bad!

MD
What's that? Duquette is no longer on Gecko? :) Correct me if I'm wrong... Or maybe I'm just mistaking.

I saw the new Hybrid at the worlds and it looks really good with that big tail! I like big tait and I can not lie.... You know the rest...

Martin Drayton
Gecko Decks
Gecko Decks

Post by Martin Drayton » Sat Jul 25, 2009 5:58 pm

Hi Seb,

Mike is very much still on Gecko, but at present only has the Tight Slalom SLE which he won an excellent Bronze in the Am Tight. Once he gets a Hybrid/GS model, you guys are in trouble!
When we sang our version of "Big Tail...." you really made me laugh!

MD

ps. Bisous pour Emilie!

Martin Drayton
Gecko Decks
Gecko Decks

Post by Martin Drayton » Sat Jul 25, 2009 6:02 pm

Bruno Ribeiro wrote:Good Job, Martin!

How much this deck will cost?
We still don't know Bruno, but I'm guessing about the same as the Tight board around $300-$320. This late in the season, it is likely that production may have to wait until the Spring (it will be worth the wait!), but contact jeff@geckoheadgear.com and hassle him!

MD

Martin Drayton
Gecko Decks
Gecko Decks

Re: Prototype Hybrid/GS...first pics.

Post by Martin Drayton » Wed Apr 25, 2012 1:54 am

Production GS/Hybrid being mounted up as I write...pics soon!