Thank you and Goodbye UK...

Gecko Slalom Boards

Moderator: Martin Drayton

Martin Drayton
Gecko Decks
Gecko Decks

Thank you and Goodbye UK...

Post by Martin Drayton » Wed Oct 01, 2008 12:47 pm

I was starting to think I would never get to post this...
Well, it finally came through...Our final Green card Interview is mid-October, so after a brief family break we will be departing these shores for the Mountains of Utah at the end of the month.
My last UK skate session will be on Sunday 12th October at Hove lawns. It would be cool to see as many of you UK skaters as would like to come, I would LOVE a group shot for posterity. Any ideas to make this more of a party than a skate, let me know.
Thank you all so much for making me feel welcome here and for helping me keep my sanity during my time in the UK. It would be unfair to pick out individual people, those who are special know who they are. Skate-wise it was great being here and allowed me to realise several dreams, hooking up with a great new sponsor, my own deck,the GWR, turning Pro and a few podiums too.I will miss racing in Europe as I head for the US scene...
Skating with you all, particularly the Pig City Crew, has given me my most fun times here in the UK (other than being with my family of course). In an ideal world I wish I could live and snowboard in Park City AND have you guys to skate with off the hill!

As a parting gift to help the Brighton guys get their timing gear set up, I am donating my Gecko Pre-Production Model 003 for the "Tapeswitch raffle" and to maximise funds I would suggest that you post that it is a prize on the forums and allow people who are not going to be there to buy tickets (if that is legal!) as I'm sure less wealthy racers/Collectors would want to get in on it!Besides, would be nice if you didn't have to dip your hands in your pockets to get it...
Guess I won't be Ebaying it in 20 years then...

Thank you again,

Martin, Julie and Maya x.

ps.Who is organising the "Pig City Snowboard Road Trip '09"?

Lenny Poage
Lenny Poage
Lenny Poage

Post by Lenny Poage » Wed Oct 01, 2008 7:08 pm

So... it may be completely impractical, but possible you'd be able to hit the Dixie Cup, then?
HOSS

Martin Drayton
Gecko Decks
Gecko Decks

Dixie will have to wait...

Post by Martin Drayton » Thu Oct 02, 2008 10:03 am

Nice thought Lenny, but it might have to wait til next year... We still have two medicals to pay for, plus required jabs, three flights to the US and first/last months deposit and cleaning deposit once we get to Utah and I won't get paid for the first 6 weeks I'm there, thats around $12,000 by my reckoning.If I mention a skate comp on top of that to my wife, I'll have to give you an address to send my wreath to ;)
If I win the Lottery, I'll be there!
Take care,

Martin.

ps. My skating is done for the year now, the next board I get on will be a snowboard...everyday for 5 1/2 months!

Curt Chapman

Re: Dixie will have to wait...

Post by Curt Chapman » Thu Oct 02, 2008 10:23 pm

Martin Drayton wrote:ps. My skating is done for the year now, the next board I get on will be a snowboard...everyday for 5 1/2 months!
Martin, don't put the wheeled boards away yet. We need to have at least one session to welcome you back to UT.