Gecko Carbon decks ready for sale!

Gecko Slalom Boards

Moderator: Martin Drayton

Michael Stride
Octane Sport (RIP)
Octane Sport (RIP)

Gecko Carbon decks ready for sale!

Post by Michael Stride » Tue Apr 25, 2006 10:21 pm

Octane are proud to announce the launch of a new brand of performance slalom and longboard decks. Made in the UK, the constrution uses carbon fibre woven in the UK, backed with glass fibre, wrapped around the lightest strongst foam available, sourced from the US. Epoxy resin is added, and the top surface is mirror smooth. The bottom is finished with very small bumps, as less epoxy is used there for supreme lightness....also the deck less susceptable to scratching. Bolt holes have cylindical inserts meaning you can use countersunk bolts for a smooth top surface.

Gecko has its roots in the heart of the UK surf scene, Jeff Sacree the owner started off making surfboards, then moved into a fantatsic hi tech range of helemts for water based markets, and now his helemets are used by our lifeboatmen, the military, and kite surfing community. This guy lives and breathes board sports, and knows how to make a quality product.

We helped develop the street/slalom model using a modern 'kicktail' design allowing for supreme grip on the rear foot heel lift/stomp. The deck has mild concave at the front , blending beautifully into a non concave rear. The Kicktail is 15 degree meaning you can use the Khiro wedge pack to make the rear truck horizontal. The base has wheel wells, and you can just see in the bottom picture that the ribs underneath blend inwards for strength in the right places and lightness. Gecko have excellent testing facililities, remeber they make helmets that have to meet strict regulations, Gecko understand the technology and process needed to make repeatable production runs.Image
the weight is astounding, hovering around the sub 700 gram mark (1.7lbs). Boards are made to a riders weight in bands.

Contact me, Michael, for more info, and ordering and take a look at Geckos website: http://www.geckoheadgear.co.uk/geckodecks/Price...I knew you'd ask....90 UK pounds, 130 euros, or 160 US dollars. Image

Paul Keleher
Paul Keleher
Paul Keleher

Post by Paul Keleher » Wed May 10, 2006 9:52 am

Gecko can also produce regular shapes although it would be a custom build.

This is classic, full nosed deck, 30" long 20"ish wheelbase built for me at my hefty 240lbs

Image.

As you can see from the underside, it has the same "sculptured" foam core as the other decks in the range, and the finish is FANTASTIC, plus a full carbon top platform, its going to be such a shame to put grip tape on it!!

looking forward to riding it ot Hyde Park on Thursday

Erik Basil

Post by Erik Basil » Mon May 15, 2006 8:06 pm

Those look great!
I ride fast boards, slowly.

Michael Stride
Octane Sport (RIP)
Octane Sport (RIP)

Post by Michael Stride » Sun Jun 11, 2006 5:14 pm

5 more in stock!

Marcus Perlborg

wooooooow

Post by Marcus Perlborg » Fri Sep 29, 2006 10:01 pm

It looks great!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! wow i think im starting to sawe money to that!!
The swedish word for skateboard is "rullbräda" :P

Marcus Perlborg

cud someone

Post by Marcus Perlborg » Fri Sep 29, 2006 10:03 pm

cud someone take a photo so i can see if it concave? i meen take a photo from the front.

Paul Keleher
Paul Keleher
Paul Keleher

Post by Paul Keleher » Fri Sep 29, 2006 10:06 pm

Marcus,

which model, the street or my custom

Paul

Marcus Perlborg

That one

Post by Marcus Perlborg » Sat Sep 30, 2006 9:38 am

your custom

Paul Keleher
Paul Keleher
Paul Keleher

Post by Paul Keleher » Sat Sep 30, 2006 5:13 pm

Marcus,

As its a bit of a development board this one Doesn't have any concave, although there are plans to produce it with a very mellow amount (not quite as extreme as some other decks out there.

Paul

Marcus Perlborg

obs i meen

Post by Marcus Perlborg » Sat Sep 30, 2006 9:23 pm

That one Michael Stride has take a photo at.... that one for 130 euro

Paul Keleher
Paul Keleher
Paul Keleher

Post by Paul Keleher » Sun Oct 01, 2006 8:51 pm

Mikes model (Named "Street"), does have concave, although no camber and a decent kick, for giving good foot placement for more "surfy" stances.

Contact the guys at Gecko direct, or mike stride at www.octanesports.com

Paul