Keith Hollien Signature Series

CHIxILL Slalom Skateboards

Moderators: Chris Favero, Chris Novatny

Chris Favero
CHIxILL Master CFav
CHIxILL Master CFav

Keith Hollien Signature Series

Post by Chris Favero » Sat Jan 27, 2007 2:56 am

We take this time to announce the 2007 team.
Keith”The Machine”Hollien(current 12th in Pro World Ranking) will be racing Pro for CHIxILL on the 2007 racing circuit. We will be producing the Keith Hollien Signature Series in all for sizes. This will be the TS(25x8.25), HS(27x8.50), GS(29x8.75) and the SS(31x9.0). Construction will be 6 and 7 ply maple with a bottom sheet in “Hollien Blue” formica. Needless to say,we are jacked to have Keith literally on board! Decks will be available in very early Febuary. We will also be making these decks in foam/carbon, initially for Keith to race with and then available as part of our product line.
Keith will be riding his new stuff at the Texas Sizzler.
Cfav&Cnova
Freak Bros. Racing
www.chixillskateboards.com

Chris Favero
CHIxILL Master CFav
CHIxILL Master CFav

Post by Chris Favero » Wed Feb 21, 2007 8:47 pm

Keith has the first four,the 25,27,29 and 31 and is bringing them to texas.Tortional rigidity was akey design factor we set out to improve with the new construction.initial feedback from Keith is "these rock".Dont hesitate to try them in the Republic of Texas this weekend.

cfav&cnova
Freak Bros. Racing
www.chixillskateboards.com

RL

Post by RL » Mon Feb 26, 2007 2:18 am

Im dying to see some photogs of these decks.. Do they have any concave?
thanks

Keith Hollien

Post by Keith Hollien » Mon Mar 26, 2007 9:13 pm

I want to say I am very excited to be a part of CHIxILL Skateboards. I am looking forward to a great season for myself and my CHIxILL teammates. Look for CHIxILL Skateboards at a race near you (or on the internet).

I have been working with the wood protos and they are working great. We have had to work on the construction of the boards (one was too thick and one was too thin), but we have figured that out. They should be available in the near future and they will have my drag pistol logo on them. They are concave and have a layer of blue (of course) formica on the bottom. All 4 models will be available.

If anyone has any questions feel free to contact me. You can call me toll free in the US at 1-877-RAD-SK8R(1-877-723-7587) or 352-494-2503. My e-mail is Keith@KeithHollien.com.

Keith, Teams Radikal, CHIxILL & Oust.

justin collins

wahooo!

Post by justin collins » Wed Mar 28, 2007 1:37 am

wahooo!!!
I just got done jamming my 27" hollien down some 5.5-6 footers. Ran 30 in a straight line, 5.5 to 6 feet apart. And i must say, these boards are VERY responsive and functional. The feet took a little getting used to, but half way through my session i was loving it! Not only were the cones easy to make, but i was also able to pump each one. I just ordered a timing system, so once i get that, i'll post my times and we'll let the results speak for themselves. But until then, heres some pics of my board. I did change the set-up slighty from what is in the picture. I'm running double reds in the front, and black and green in the back. The front is wedged 5 degrees, and the back truck runs flat. 3/8 spacers in the rear, 1/4 inch in the front. I do ride with a bit of a surf stance and these boards certainly compliment that. You are also able to put a VERY large amount of torque on the trucks because the board is wide up front and in the rear, as well as because of where your feet are. I was able to run harder bushings and only ran with a 5 degree wedge in the front. And as we all know, harder bushings mean the board snaps back even faster. I'll practice later with a 10 degree wedge, however i was able to easily make all the cones and the board felt SUPER responsive. I'll run the cones off-set with the 10degree and see what happens later. These boards are awesome!!! Even when things really got moving down the hill I still had a ton of control and was able to turn super hard on a dime. For now, it's off the slalom and into the bowl for the rest of the night! I can't wait for my timer so i can put ALL my boards to the test!

Oh and Ric, as you can see in the picture these boards do have some concave. Hope you guys like em!

see you guys out there!
Justin Collins

ride with the kings
http://www.sk8kings.com/

Tod Oles
Lone Stranger Racing
Lone Stranger Racing

Post by Tod Oles » Wed Mar 28, 2007 1:56 am

Justin,

Sounds like you're doing good!! glad to hear you're able to practice out that way.

Whats the wheelbase measure on that little thang??

justin collins

haha

Post by justin collins » Wed Mar 28, 2007 2:04 am

haha, i JUST realized i forgot to put that! Thanks though Tod. The wheel base is 21", that is AXLE TO AXLE. And the rear swing arm is DOWN. If anyone has any questions, comments, or wants me to try something with my set-ups for them. Just ask!

Oh, and i do have my Ole's Sled Zepplin set up, but didn't practice with it today, this hill really isn't steep enough to really crank a board like his, although i'll give it a try soon anyways. I'll have some info on that one later, or better yet, Tod will! haha
Justin
ride with the kings
http://www.sk8kings.com/

Tod Oles
Lone Stranger Racing
Lone Stranger Racing

Post by Tod Oles » Wed Mar 28, 2007 5:47 am

Justin,

I really want to hear what you think before I start pontificating about a deck that
I "BETTER" like... :-)

And not to Hi Jack the Hollien deck thread, I love that blue..... Reminds me of the
bicicletta Gios racing color...

Keith Hollien

Post by Keith Hollien » Thu Apr 05, 2007 11:00 pm

The protos have been thoughly tested and hopefully we will have boards for sale in the next few weeks. They will have my drag pistol logo and a CHIxILL logo on the bottom sheet of BLUE formica.
I hope to have some foamcores to test in the next week or so. I cannot wait.
As always if anybody has any questions about my CHIxILL models and Radikal Trucks feel free to contact me. 1-877-RAD-SK8R(1-877-723-7587) or 352-494-2503 or Keith@KeithHollien.com

Keith, Teams Radikal, CHIxILL & Oust.