Hey you skate rats from Dixie!

CHIxILL Slalom Skateboards

Moderators: Chris Favero, Chris Novatny

Chris Favero
CHIxILL Master CFav
CHIxILL Master CFav

Hey you skate rats from Dixie!

Post by Chris Favero » Tue Nov 21, 2006 6:28 am

yea you guys,the ones who rode our F-Bomb in the parking lot all night.what did you think of it?post up and let us know.cfav
Freak Bros. Racing
www.chixillskateboards.com

Claude Regnier
Claude Regnier
Claude Regnier

Nice!

Post by Claude Regnier » Tue Nov 21, 2006 3:51 pm

I particularly liked it. Nice, sweet feel and very pumpable with lots of space fro the feet.

PS-Did you get my pm or e-mail?

Take Care, Thanks for everything you guys do, EH!
Many Happy Pumps!

Chris Barrett
Skurfskater
Skurfskater

Post by Chris Barrett » Tue Nov 21, 2006 4:31 pm

Hey Chris. I spent a good chunk of time on it. From a park perspective it was ideal. Good concave, great stiffness and the formica bottom was really pimp. Those little slidey cambrias you had on it were rediculous but still alot of fun. I was watching Civ pull meter+ long standups on it, and was buggin'.

Rob brought one back with him, and he's been rocking it in our local park. I've stepped on it once or twice in the park and I think its great. The shape is good, I'd like to see you guys rock some other pool shapes, maybe even an older style freestyle shape like a shovel?

Anyways, dig what you're doing. keep on keeping on.

-Chris B. (the canadian one)

(did I mention how stoked I am to be in a pic on your Mafia page!!)

Ron Barbagallo
Fatboy

Post by Ron Barbagallo » Tue Nov 21, 2006 5:03 pm

Chris Barrett wrote: (did I mention how stoked I am to be in a pic on your Mafia page!!)

Me too!!!!!!!!
Evil Potentate
Team Fatboy - all hopped up on goofballs!

Still douchebags, but CLASSY douchebags ;)

UNDISPUTED WORLD CATAMARAN CHAMPS!

Laura Bissell
Laura Bissell
Laura Bissell

Post by Laura Bissell » Tue Nov 21, 2006 5:11 pm

me 3!
i wanna go fast

Luke Melo
Luke
Luke

Post by Luke Melo » Tue Nov 21, 2006 10:09 pm

i have only ridden rob sydia's one at our local bowl in toronto afew times. i like the shape. it has excellent concave. it is similar to my deck (in terms of wheel bases and concave) so it was easy to get used to. the only thing i found was the tail is a tad long for me. then again, i just pump the bowl and get speed, so i do not know what kind of advantages you can get beyond the coping. but overall, a great board, and i love the formica bottom.
mmmmmmmm........... cookies :)

justin collins

autumn bowl

Post by justin collins » Sun Dec 03, 2006 3:14 pm

Hey everyone, FINALLY made an account for myself. But Chill took care of me a while back and hooked me up with an F-Bomb. (along with a ton of other stuff!!) Lemme tell you. This thing can fly! I took it to Autumn Bowl the other night. I finally got off the 7.75 and 8.25 pipe boards i usually ride and was doing speed lines and airing out about 2-3 feet in a 7 foot deep end. Not to mention grinding through all the corners and doing the sweetest, sexiest boardslides you can imagine. As well as the endless 5-0 to tail laybacks frontside and backside you imagine! I set mine up with independant trucks, abec 11 no skoolz, oust bearings, and my favorite combination of khiro bushings. Add to that SUPER sticky grip tape and its as good as rock and roll! Get yours today!!
Justin Collins
ride with the kings
http://www.sk8kings.com/

justin collins

f-bomb

Post by justin collins » Sun Dec 10, 2006 3:27 pm

The F-Bomb is officially my favorite board! A crappy indoor skatepark near me just installed an awesome 7 foot mini, awesome trannies, awesome coping, 32 feet wide and fast! I was SUPPOSED to practice on my chill 7.75, but i had a super hard time stepping off the F-Bomb. This board is absolutely everywhere you want to be! Definately did the longest 5-0 to tails on that thing than i've ever done. Plus, the wider and longer wheelbase allows you to loosen the trucks a little bit more than on a regular 7.5-8.25 board, hence you can still totally carve and surf around without negotiating stability. Everything on the board is bigger than most, so it weighs more. You can easily use this to your advantage and BLAST through hang-ups. Also, the momentum means once you get going, you're gunna keep going...fast! The formica bottom allowed for the tail to snap RIGHT in when i do body jarrs, 5-0 to tails, and tail slides and madonnas. I've always had a problem with the smaller boards, because i have wider feet, and i'm a 10.5 shoe size. I also weigh 170 and throw my body around like a surfer. And the rediculious amount of concave on the other boards would dig into my feet where the balls of my foot and base of my toes met the sides of my board. This killed when i did airs! I ride anywhere from 3-6 hours at a time. My 8.25 board is VERY flat. All i need on a board is a good kick-tail and nose. Which is exactly what the f-bomb offers me! The width, length and concave match perfectly for guys that aren't 15 or 16 and weight more than 80 pounds unlike all these skate rats! All in all, the F-Bomb is now my favorite board, hands down, tried, tested and true!
Thanks guys!! I'll get some pics for ya soon, i'm headin back out tonight with my full CHILL arsenal!
ride with the kings

Tod Oles
Lone Stranger Racing
Lone Stranger Racing

F-bomb set up??

Post by Tod Oles » Sun Dec 10, 2006 6:49 pm

Justin,

What wheels/trucks did you set that F-bomb up with??
I'm still waiting for some Fury 850s that are backordered.....
That 7ft mini sounds just like the indoor ramp we have in Madison, WI (it's 40' wide)...way fun!!!

Thanks, T.O.

justin collins

set-up

Post by justin collins » Mon Dec 11, 2006 1:16 am

tod,
I set up my F-Bomb with abec 11, 60mm no skoolz, 98a. Oust bearrings, and 9inch independant trucks 169mm. As well as Khiro bushings. The khiros on the independant trucks are really important!! Idep. Trucks suck without those bushings as far as i'm concerned!! I have 2 other sets of indep. trucks and i put khiros on all of them! The things pretty heavy, but you can really use that momentum to your advantage. This board pops off the coping much better than my smaller boards. And you maintain a much higher rate of speed throughout your run as well. If you wanna go even faster, slap on some 101a powell bowlriders. You'll fly. I usually end up alternating the 2 sets depending on the surface i'm riding on or how fast i wanna go. The bowlriders are extremely fast, at 101a density.
How do you plan on setting up yours? I usually session that mini 2 times a week, (they also have a 10ft half pipe that's a lot of fun) and then also Autumn Bowl http://www.skatespots.com/ny-amn.html 2 times a week as well. And the F-bomb Shreds metal and pool coping alike!
see ya out there!
Justin Collins
ride with the kings