Plans for the summer?

Slalom Skateboarding in Utah and surrounding states

Moderators: Jonathan Harms, Ron Barbagallo, Lynn Kramer, Maria Carrasco, Russel Cantor, Martin Drayton

Martin Drayton
Gecko Decks
Gecko Decks

Plans for the summer?

Post by Martin Drayton » Fri Jan 18, 2008 3:10 pm

I realise you guys are up to your butts in powder, but thought I'd drop you a line...
On the Green Card front we are still in the queue waiting for a visa number to become available on our already successful application, but that could be anything from a few months to over a year.
So, in the meantime I have done two things:
1) Written to the Senator for help.
2) I'm putting in a second Green Card application, this time as an "Alien of Extraordinary Ability" on account of my sporting ability. Its a very strict criteria, but there is no wait for visa numbers as its a small group. In addition if you pay an extra $1000 they process the application in 15 days instead of 6mths-1 year! More bloody money...but on paper my chances look good, fingers crossed.
Either way we'll know something by March, if its good news we might be there by the Fall.
Should be bringing a bag full of Gecko's plus a new super skilled new Park City transplant...Paul Price!
The future is bright, stay in touch!

Jared Quilter

Post by Jared Quilter » Fri Jan 18, 2008 6:11 pm

Martin,

The powder has been good, but not the same without running into you on the Pioneer lift all the time.

Hope things will work out for you.

-Jared