snowboard vs skating

Slalom Skateboarding in Utah and surrounding states

Moderators: Jonathan Harms, Ron Barbagallo, Lynn Kramer, Maria Carrasco, Russel Cantor, Martin Drayton

trish erickson

snowboard vs skating

Post by trish erickson » Sun Dec 11, 2005 6:15 am

Hey ya all,

Just a shout out from Trish. Just checkin' in and saying Hi. I managed to get out today for a very short time and try snowboarding.....I was at a friends house that lives in the moutains and I tried riding her "road" today. Nobody warned me that you had to sit on the ground, stap in, then stand up and point the board down the hill.!!! Ok, sitting and strapping in....mmm, kinda have to be a bit flexy in the belly area! standing.....whatever! "lean to turn" not! Ok, so my first experience wasn't great. Any helpful hints would be great! I had very stiff boots that really didn't fit so I think getting the right equipment would be a start. Are soft boots good? certainly they would be more comfortable! How about the length of the board? shorter easier to learn on? I thought that snowboarding might be a bit like skating. I was wrong. Not that skating is any easier.....ok. I don't have have to bend over to strap in! Any advice would be great!

And just a side note.. Have a great Holiday and I hope everybody else is enjoying the snow! I for one need concrete!

Ride On!

Trish
ts

Martin Drayton
Gecko Decks
Gecko Decks

Get yer butt to PC...

Post by Martin Drayton » Mon Dec 12, 2005 12:56 am

As soon as I have some spare time...yeah right!, come down and I'll get you sorted!

trish erickson

Tried it! Love It!

Post by trish erickson » Sun Feb 05, 2006 4:03 am

Took a snowboard lesson today. It was geat! I was really suprised. Can't wait to try it again tomorow. Carving on snow is a whole different feeling than skating. I guess if I can't skate year round here, I might as well try to take advantage of this Utah snow. And that's coming from a former SKI instuctor! Really, I am hooked. Billy and his "hardbooters" are going to be out in force tomorow. You guys rock! Maybe a few more times with the softy boots and I will be ready to do some Euro-carving! Looked for Martin today but I think he teaches the upper-enders. Hey Martin, if you read this message, I stopped by the shop today to chat but ended up borowing your cones instead. Need to practice a few turns before the Texas Sizzler. Ya know, I heard there was a cone shortage.....MMM. They could be worth something! LOL. Chat with ya later.

Trish

PS. Mike and Kevin, coming this way soon I hope?
ts