New skate day!

Slalom Skateboarding in Utah and surrounding states

Moderators: Jonathan Harms, Ron Barbagallo, Lynn Kramer, Maria Carrasco, Russel Cantor, Martin Drayton

trish erickson

New skate day!

Post by trish erickson » Thu Oct 13, 2005 10:34 pm

Hey everybody,

Bob called and he and Billy thought saturday would be a better day instead of sunday due to the forcast. everybody down with that? I can do that day without having to call in sick! Same plans, just saturday intead. Hey bob and kevin, and everybody else, do you want to ride oakley first then jam in heber?

ride on!
ts

miKe M

Post by miKe M » Sun Oct 16, 2005 1:22 am

hey everybody! i don't have numbers for the heber crew. i'm heading up to oakley for sure tomorrow (sunday). i'm on a mission, and nobody can stop me. call if you want to hook up, otherwise i will probably be the lone ranger at the oakley park. i'm heading up there 10:00 ish.

801-971-2380...

mike

trish erickson

skatepark

Post by trish erickson » Sun Oct 16, 2005 4:59 am

Hey Mike,

Hopefully it won't rain tomarow. We rode there today and it was great. Billy might be up for a ride. He ripped it. Give him a call at 435-602-2935. I never called in sick ( I have to call in a day before) So I can't ride. We were talking about trying to ride weekends until the snow flies. are sundays best for you then? we were thinking of coming to salk lake and run cones at the campus. Are ya game? Bob and Kevin are in. Or if you know of a better place? so have a good ride tomarow.
ts

Chris Peddecord

Post by Chris Peddecord » Sun Oct 16, 2005 6:14 am

Hey, cones on the campus on Sundays are wonderful for me. My class schedule and gas tank are making Park City/Heber a bit of a stretch right now.

Martin Drayton
Gecko Decks
Gecko Decks

Skating this weekend-22nd/23rd October? Billy's toe blocks..

Post by Martin Drayton » Thu Oct 20, 2005 7:32 am

Anyone running some cones this coming weekend? I'm looking for someone to play with...Saturday or Sunday, PC, Heber or SLC.
How did last weekends outing go? Did you run 100 cones?

Hey Billy,

Can I test out one of your toe blocks? I've been a bit put off the big foam wedge since my friend Eddie Spearing broke his collarbone slaloming in New Zealand a couple of days ago(you know how that feels), as he fell and couldn't free his foot to try to run it out!
It works great for Jason Mitchell, but he doesn't fall like us mere mortals!
Last edited by Martin Drayton on Thu Oct 20, 2005 9:22 am, edited 2 times in total.

Billy Bordy

Yep and yep

Post by Billy Bordy » Thu Oct 20, 2005 6:13 pm

I would love to skate this weekend. Sunday works best for Christy and I,

Yup we ran a 116 cone hybrid course on Sat. Time were around a minute+ ,one run and you had leg burn!!!

I have a toe block you can play with i'll bring it to the next session!

Is any one going to skate tonight?
2edges.

Billy
www.hardbooter.com
alpine dedicated

trish erickson

jam sessions

Post by trish erickson » Thu Oct 20, 2005 7:39 pm

Hey everybody,

I can skate on saturday but I am working sunday. dang! so if anyone decides to ride saturday let me know. I have a pediatric class tonight so I can't can tonight either.

Last saturday was a blast! 118 cones. My legs still burn! I have a few pictures of us at the skatepark but I don't know how to post them.

ride on,

Trish

PS: Nice picture/advertisment Martin! can't wait to get my hands on CW and see it for real![/quote]
ts

Chris Peddecord

Post by Chris Peddecord » Thu Oct 20, 2005 9:00 pm

Not going to be able to make it tonight... burning hole in my pocket and an empty gas tank make sad, especially since I got my wheels for my new board... arrggggh! Sunday in SLC or maybe Heber would be wonderful for me. There's a huge parking lot on a nice grade behind the engineering building on the corner of central campus/north campus; I don't think we'd get hassled at all.

miKe M

Post by miKe M » Fri Oct 21, 2005 5:15 pm

hey all!

i hope everybody is doing well. it's been a while since i've seen anybody...

so, if i had it my way, i would head up to heber sunday. i really wanted to go check out oakley last week, hit the downhill run, and slalom, but life got in the way. i had to tend my little sisters and they kind of messed up my timeline.

anyway, my plan would be to go up to oakley, skate the park (haven't been up there yet), perhaps hit the downhill run, and if i can get trish or billy to slalom sunday, do that. i finally have no commitments for sunday, so i will be able to do something...

chris- give me a call and perhaps i can drive us up to oakley, let you try out a little transition, and go skate slalom for a while. gas is on me!

anyway, let me know if anybody is interested.

Martin Drayton
Gecko Decks
Gecko Decks

Ready for some slalom...

Post by Martin Drayton » Fri Oct 21, 2005 8:26 pm

Hey Mike,
Sunday works for me...Not the whole day (Family time), but the slalom part. Keep me posted.
I have a new front Dragonslayer I want to try before the snow hits!

miKe M

Post by miKe M » Sat Oct 22, 2005 12:11 am

Martin-

i'll give you a call when i get up there. i at least need to hook up and give you a very important piece of paper that you have so patiently been waiting for...

trish erickson

time?

Post by trish erickson » Sat Oct 22, 2005 5:43 am

what time sunday? I might do it....call in sick. the way I look at it, not many days left to skate. I was in Park city the other day, and all I had was my Birkenstocks and the chicken dagger. No cones but the park was a blast on the dagger and barefoot is the way to go. It was like surfing. can't wait to try that at the oakley park.

Hey scott,

I still have your leatherman, whats your address and I can mail it. Or if I hook up with Mike, I will send it with him. And by the way, are ya all healing up ok?

Ride On!

Trish
ts

Billy Bordy

Sunday

Post by Billy Bordy » Sat Oct 22, 2005 4:40 pm

I am more then happy to skate Sunday.

Lets get it together!
2edges.

Billy
www.hardbooter.com
alpine dedicated

Kevin Hornibrook

Sunday session

Post by Kevin Hornibrook » Sat Oct 22, 2005 7:13 pm

I was thinking we could meet at the Oakley park at noon , then go wiggle. I don't think Bob can make it, but I'm down to skate. Anybody else?

Chris Peddecord

Post by Chris Peddecord » Sat Oct 22, 2005 8:14 pm

Hey Mike, I'll give you a call sometime tonight, eh? You guys will have to teach me how to skate the tranny. 1200 works for me, I want to get my Conekiller dialed in sometime tommorrow if possible.

miKe M

Post by miKe M » Sat Oct 22, 2005 10:49 pm

works for me! meet at the oakley skatepark at high noon.

chris- i'll give you a call tonight or in the morning and i'm planning on driving us. let me know if you want to hook up and set up a park board for you.

billy or trish- call my cell 801-971-2380 if there are any changes, otherwise i will meet you guys around noon. kevin- call too if you want to carpool from SLC- do you go that way?

trish erickson

I'm In

Post by trish erickson » Sat Oct 22, 2005 11:37 pm

Hey evrybody,

I'm in. I'll be at the oakly park by noon. I have an old-new school type park board I will bring if anyone wants to ride it. Old meaning wide trucks with fat wheels and slightly wide deck but new school design. I can't ride it very well so maybe one of you can. Billy, call me if you want to carpool. see ya tomarow.

Trish

PS are we going to try and run cones in Heber or park city? I will bring the cones either way just in case.
ts

Martin Drayton
Gecko Decks
Gecko Decks

Heber or Park City?

Post by Martin Drayton » Sun Oct 23, 2005 1:03 am

Hi Trish, you've got my cones...so I'll skate wherever you say! Heber or Park City, somewhere thats not a bust!
I'd love to try a Hybrid course to test out my new wider Dragonslayer trucks....Either send an e-mail, post here or give me a call.

Chris Peddecord

Post by Chris Peddecord » Sun Oct 23, 2005 2:24 am

Oi, I've got way too much to do tommorrow that I didn't get done today; maybe next weekend. Have a good session anyhow.

trish erickson

no chris

Post by trish erickson » Sun Oct 23, 2005 2:43 am

Oh Chris,

Priorities man! Skatin is it! LOL. Sorry that you can't make it.
ts

Chris Peddecord

Re: no chris

Post by Chris Peddecord » Sun Oct 23, 2005 3:14 am

trish erickson wrote:Oh Chris,

Priorities man! Skatin is it! LOL. Sorry that you can't make it.
Ha! I'd love to but I've got me a mid-term, quiz, and essay to write that didn't get done today.

In other news, the Sugarhouse Park looks very nice for a race in the future if we can get access to it.

Billy Bordy

HEBER

Post by Billy Bordy » Sun Oct 23, 2005 4:15 pm

Heber is my choice more cones less danger!
2edges.

Billy
www.hardbooter.com
alpine dedicated

miKe M

Post by miKe M » Sun Oct 23, 2005 6:56 pm

ok crew, i'm leaving SLC. just checking in to make sure everybody is in. i'll call somebody if i get lost. i'm assuming i will meet everybody at oakley and then we will figure out where we want to slalom.

laters,

mike

Bob Harper

shake one for me

Post by Bob Harper » Sun Oct 23, 2005 11:27 pm

HEY UPC'S
GOT THE MESSAGE BUT I COULDN'T MAKE IT TODAY.
HOPEFULLY WE HAVE THE METEROLOGISTS ON OUR SIDE NEXT WEEKEND. I'D LIKE TO MAKE ANOTHER SESSION.
IF IT LOOKS GOOD SET A TIME AND LET KEVIN AND I KNOW.
HAVE A GREAT DAY
AND NO CONES LEFT UN TURNED...........

trish erickson

Anybody skating?

Post by trish erickson » Thu Oct 27, 2005 12:12 am

Is anybody going to skate this weekend? If the weather holds, I want to run cones but the only day I can is Friday or saturday. I know sundays seem to work best for everyone but I thought it was worth askin' I think a session at the U would be great. So if you all decide, post it!

Trish
ts

Kevin Hornibrook

Post by Kevin Hornibrook » Sat Oct 29, 2005 9:00 pm

Bob and I would like to come down and skate with the UPC, but it looks like winter has finally hit. Martin, I have your wheels and Trish, I have your DVD. Let me know if you want me to mail the stuff to you , if not I'll try to come down and skate again next weekend weather permiting.
Also, the new spot I found up here on the south end of the valley is really sweet, I skated it the other day and it's fast. Mabe you guys will want to come up here and skate.
later skaters, Kevin

trish erickson

skate next weekend?

Post by trish erickson » Sun Oct 30, 2005 1:11 am

Hey Kevin,

hang on to my stuff and hopefully next week we can skate. I'm up for a session in Logan. Maybe hit the Logan park as well. Did you want me to pick up the deck in Oakley this week and hang on to it until we can hook up? I have a free day wednesday. Won't be a big deal to get over there. Just let me know. Hopefully we'll get a few more weekends in before the real winter hits.

And if the weather does hold, does anybody want to go ride in Logan? The park is great and it's a pretty drive. Carpool? just post it!

see ya,

Trish
ts

Martin Drayton
Gecko Decks
Gecko Decks

Me too...

Post by Martin Drayton » Sun Oct 30, 2005 2:26 am

Yeah Kevin, hang on to my wheels and either give them to Trish when you see her next or give them to me whenever...Can you send me your address, I still have clippings for you from the Park Record newspaper!

Kevin Hornibrook

Post by Kevin Hornibrook » Mon Oct 31, 2005 4:57 am

Next sunday might be a good weather day to ride skateboards.
I went snowskating today, 5 inches of fresh what a blast!
The new slalom spot I found up here is super buttery, you guys should come up and check it out. Martin, I'll e-mail you my address, Billy, were you able to get a nice park board set-up?

Billy Bordy

Park board

Post by Billy Bordy » Mon Oct 31, 2005 3:56 pm

I am still putting one together.

I won some 7 1/2 inch trucks at a snowboard party on tues but they are much to narrow for the deck I have so I've been getting some wheel bite, even had a nasty fall last Weds. at oakley that lead to a huge egg on my knee(pad moved) so I have not been able to skate since then! The sweeling is going down so i am hopping to skate soon! I really just need some whells for now since i stole Christys to skate with.
2edges.

Billy
www.hardbooter.com
alpine dedicated

Kevin Hornibrook

Post by Kevin Hornibrook » Fri Nov 04, 2005 6:09 pm

Anybody want to try and skate on sunday, it looks like the weather will be decent. If it's not wet or raining, I'm going to try and make it down for a session, hopefully Bob can also make it.

trish erickson

sunday ya!

Post by trish erickson » Fri Nov 04, 2005 6:42 pm

I'm in for Sunday. Hey Kevin, I will try to call clifford today and get those boards. I will E- mail you if I get them before sunday. If you come down sunday, I can show you where cliff's house is. It is pretty close to the Oakley skate park.

Trish
ts

Martin Drayton
Gecko Decks
Gecko Decks

Sorry, can't make it...

Post by Martin Drayton » Fri Nov 04, 2005 6:45 pm

Have to say no....Sadly I'm in 70 degree heat in LA and am going to skate with "The Professor" Steve Evans tomorrow....
The snowboard clients we are staying with took me to a skate shop called Rip City to get some stuff for their son. The shop was like a Dogtown/Old School museum...Kevin, you would have loved it! Oh, and when the guy started asking me about which bearings I used, my clients decided that they HAD to buy me some Rocket Ceramics to try out!!! I'll let you know how they run...
Back in PC on monday.

Billy Bordy

In

Post by Billy Bordy » Sat Nov 05, 2005 12:59 am

Christy and I are in! Doe we want to skate Oakley or PC?

LA sounds like fun Martin.
2edges.

Billy
www.hardbooter.com
alpine dedicated