Sunday Skating...

Slalom Skateboarding in Utah and surrounding states

Moderators: Jonathan Harms, Ron Barbagallo, Lynn Kramer, Maria Carrasco, Russel Cantor, Martin Drayton

Martin Drayton
Gecko Decks
Gecko Decks

Sunday Skating...

Post by Martin Drayton » Sat Sep 10, 2005 9:08 pm

I've just set up the new TS board WITH Splitfires, and the new Super-G board. The former, I will test on Sunday.
Ok, I am going to a spot on North(?) Medical drive near the U of U Hospital. This is the best I can describe it...If you came out of the Hospital, carried on down the Hill down Nth Med Dr. followed it as it winds down the hill, you will get to a 90 degree turn. On your right is a bus stop, and straight ahead is the Mining Studies Dept of the Uni. You can see smooth long paths just through the trees...thats where I'll be.
If you carry on round the corner and take the 1st right there is a car park.
If you cannot find me call 435-513-1609.

Remind me to leave my cones with you guys while I'm away...

If I don't see any of you before I leave for Morro, thanks for the good luck wishes, I hope I do you guys proud! Billy thanks for the advice the other night (I wish you were coming), I will try not to be such a "finesse rider" and use power like Kev does!

Chris Peddecord

Post by Chris Peddecord » Sat Sep 10, 2005 11:47 pm

What time do you figure you'll be arriving?

Martin Drayton
Gecko Decks
Gecko Decks

What an idiot...

Post by Martin Drayton » Sun Sep 11, 2005 12:49 am

I realised a little while ago that I didn't say what time...I blame it on getting old Chris!
I think about midday or 1-ish?

trish erickson

"U" session

Post by trish erickson » Mon Sep 12, 2005 6:32 am

What a great session today. The U has got some great sidewalks. I especially liked the crumbel-rumbel parts! Martin, you were smokin' it! We all wish you a podium spot. Your new board is sweeeeet. All you boys with the longboards----thanks for the invitation to ride with you. I can't wait to acually watch and learn some sliding! It felt good to ride today. My 2 week sabbatical sucked! But I guess the thought of making turns keeps me going. What an addiction HUH?! Can't wait to session again.

Ride On,

Trish
ts

Martin Drayton
Gecko Decks
Gecko Decks

Super cool!

Post by Martin Drayton » Mon Sep 12, 2005 8:09 am

What a great session, both Mike and Chris are looking stronger every run they had.

Chris has improved so much and I think has learned so much. He will be awesome once he gets it dialled.

Hey Mike, wouldn't have anything to do with your girlfriend watching was it? You should make her come more often, you were charging!

Trish, its a crying shame you are not coming to Morro, you would surprise a few people!

Thanks guys for coming down to help me train (plus have fun yourselves of course)!
Mike has the cones, have fun on Thursday...I'll try not to embarrass myself in California.

miKe M

Post by miKe M » Mon Sep 12, 2005 6:16 pm

i cannot lie, cute girls cheering you on dosen't hurt at all...

yea, the university was fun. perhaps we should incorporate this into our sunday routine. we've been sliding and bombing north campus drive most every sunday morning, so with an afternoon slalom sesh it would be a full skate sunday. this is what skating is about. i was glad to see so many people lined up as i left. it is real awesome the crew we have going now, and we need to keep it going! UPC Baby!

i've got a stack of cones, so lets all plan on setting up thursday night up in park city.

Good luck martin!