I'm gonna be so rich ...

Slalom Skateboarding in the Midwest U.S.A.

Moderators: Christopher Bara, Jonathan Harms, Ron Barbagallo, Lynn Kramer, Maria Carrasco, Russel Cantor

Tom Mangelsdorf
Mangels
Mangels

I'm gonna be so rich ...

Post by Tom Mangelsdorf » Tue Nov 07, 2006 9:43 pm

I was out slaloming last Saturday and I got to thinking. As you twist and wiggle your way through the cones at the rate of 3.5 to 4 cones per second, you are getting a great core workout – the abs, hips, glutes, & shoulders. Strengthening the core muscles; isn’t that what Pilates is all about?

The health and fitness industry – like any fashion industry – is driven by the latest craze. For a while Spinning was all the rage, then they got Pilates and everyone started taking Pilates classes.

I figure the health and fitness industry is ripe for another revolution. I’m gonna make a workout video called: SLALOM SKATEBOARDING – THE NEW PILATES. I was gonna call it “slalom skateboarding – pilates for coordinated people”, but that doesn’t sound as friendly.

Ah … actually I don’t have the money to produce and star in a video. So why don’t one of you make the video, and when you’ve made your millions just send me $5 for the idea.
Gravity is a terrible thing to waste.