OHIO NEWB

Slalom Skateboarding in the Midwest U.S.A.

Moderators: Christopher Bara, Jonathan Harms, Ron Barbagallo, Lynn Kramer, Maria Carrasco, Russel Cantor

john hughes

OHIO NEWB

Post by john hughes » Thu Sep 21, 2006 3:56 am

Hello,
I'm just signing on looking for folks in the southwest part of OH (near Dayton) area who are interested in hill bombing, slalom and some bowl carving. I met one guy who has 100 cones but we haven't hooked up for a session yet.

I've got a great hill for slalom/bombing nearby and a few bowls in the area as well.
I hope to gather up the stones to eventually enter a few AM contests. I did well as a kid in some local YMCA slalom events (@77 in Dayton - Welcome Stadium).

After a long spell of not riding I started back when my kids were learning to ride a bike w/out training wheels. Running along side was killing me and I dug out my old deck and could jump off and catch them if they got into trouble. This led to the bulldogskates.com site and the purchase of many cool oldschool pool decks & wheels. Aside from riding the local (small parks) I really enjoy the street and picked up a pp chicken dagger with manx and tracker rts,rtx....setup by chicken himself. I also picked up a 44" BDS superpig with revenge and gumballs. All rides have khiro bushings and rockin' ron's....except a couple of pigs with soft wheels that the kids use to buttboard. They have bones reds.

I hope that I can catch some of the stoke that permeates this mb and grow my slalom skills.
I will also do my best to be in Columbus next June.

Best,

John
Live to Skate Another Day

Christopher Bara
KILL CITY RACING
KILL CITY RACING

Post by Christopher Bara » Wed Sep 27, 2006 8:49 pm

Hey John...you've got a lil group of oldschoolers out there....who did you bump into, Brett Martin?

john hughes

Post by john hughes » Thu Sep 28, 2006 2:07 am

Christopher,

I remember seeing Brett at Apple @80' and then in the RIP website dedicated to it. He also came up to Ohio Surf and Skate and skated their ramp. I was not there when he did this but the owner is a friend of mine and told me about it. The fellow that I bumped into online was Rob Degenhart who lives really close. I think I will meet him for the first time this weekend if our session at the Miamisburg bowl materializes.

Thanks for the shout and let me know if there are others that I should know about.

Best,

JH
Live to Skate Another Day

Christopher Bara
KILL CITY RACING
KILL CITY RACING

Post by Christopher Bara » Thu Sep 28, 2006 2:48 am

no problem....you may want to try this....go to www.NCDSA.com ....look for the "Gong Show with Kenny Mollica" forum....Kenny and his crew are over in Columbus and they know everybody in those parts....they can probably turn you on to whatever scene is in the area

have fun