Another Reason to Visit the In-laws

Slalom Skateboarding in the Midwest U.S.A.

Moderators: Christopher Bara, Jonathan Harms, Ron Barbagallo, Lynn Kramer, Maria Carrasco, Russel Cantor

Lenny Poage
Lenny Poage
Lenny Poage

Another Reason to Visit the In-laws

Post by Lenny Poage » Mon Aug 21, 2006 12:57 pm

I'm posting this in the mid-west forum since the spot is actually in the Cincinnati/Dayton area.

As some of you may know from other conversations, my relationship with my mother-in-law is far from stereotypical. She and I have always gotten along really well and for mine and my wife's first Christmas together, she got me an off-set truck, the next year, she got me a ton of cones.

Anyway, when we went to visit the in-laws this weekend, I opted to spend the day skating instead of going shopping with Jenny and her mother. Though there are two concrete skateparks (one fairly good one) within a 30 minute drive from the in-laws' house, I asked about places to run cones (given the upcoming Kentucky Fried Cone Fest and Dixie Cup, I figured I can use all the practice I can get). Instantly my wife mentioned a bike trail that runs along the river. When we arrived in town on Friday night,we went to scope it out and I was instantly stoked; baby-smooth rolling hills going all around the city, cool passers-by, great scenery of the river, no bust or traffic factor!!! Saturday morning, I went, set a course, and had a blast all day!! This place will definitely be on the this of things to do whenever we visit again!!

Here are some shots I got of the day. Since it was a solo session, I could only get shots of the course, etc. Check the virgin bank at the end of the course. I had planned on carving that up as well, but after 2 and a half hours of cone-running, I was too beat and sun-burn to explore it much. It'll be there next time!!

HOSS