Lonely slalom guy not so lonely

Slalom Skateboarding in the Midwest U.S.A.

Moderators: Christopher Bara, Jonathan Harms, Ron Barbagallo, Lynn Kramer, Maria Carrasco, Russel Cantor

Dave Larson

Lonely slalom guy not so lonely

Post by Dave Larson » Sat Jun 03, 2006 11:51 pm

Jonathan Harms blew into Minneapple today on his way home from Mankato.Nice surprise ,took him to the Edina park and watched him rip. Got a St Louis slalom tee off him and talked slalom with him for a while.Nice boards those guys are making. Sat morning well spent.Great guy as you all know . D
not so only,lonely,slalom sk8ter

Chris Favero
CHIxILL Master CFav
CHIxILL Master CFav

Post by Chris Favero » Sun Jun 04, 2006 3:05 pm

cool dave.harms is first class all the way.you ready for sun prairie?i would like to start some planning with tom.cf
Freak Bros. Racing
www.chixillskateboards.com

Dave Larson

Post by Dave Larson » Sun Jun 04, 2006 6:39 pm

Yep booked at the Super 8 on the 16th.Be there about 10:00 pm I figure.I still do not know if we need a timer or not. This is how I see it.His race is kinda small, we help, coach ,demo whatever. Then do our own thing someplace else, and anyone from down there that wants to up it a little.Longboard stuff also.For me it is great to just to slalom with someone,so I am open to anything. Dave
not so only,lonely,slalom sk8ter

Chris Favero
CHIxILL Master CFav
CHIxILL Master CFav

Post by Chris Favero » Mon Jun 05, 2006 4:57 pm

hi,we will be bringing a single lane timing system. we plan on running jam format as this would be the best way to teach and coach and help people drive down their times.tom,what would help us,one large dry erase board and markers.a p/a would be awesome.
we can also run head to head,but it would be no timer,3 cone dq,first person across the line.
getting psyched.cfav
Freak Bros. Racing

Chris Favero
CHIxILL Master CFav
CHIxILL Master CFav

Post by Chris Favero » Mon Jun 05, 2006 4:57 pm

hi,we will be bringing a single lane timing system. we plan on running jam format as this would be the best way to teach and coach and help people drive down their times.tom,what would help us,one large dry erase board and markers.a p/a would be awesome.
we can also run head to head,but it would be no timer,3 cone dq,first person across the line.
getting psyched.cfav
Freak Bros. Racing

Chris Favero
CHIxILL Master CFav
CHIxILL Master CFav

Post by Chris Favero » Mon Jun 05, 2006 4:58 pm

getting psyched.cfav
Freak Bros. Racing

Wesley Tucker
1961-2013 (RIP)
1961-2013 (RIP)

Post by Wesley Tucker » Mon Jun 05, 2006 5:05 pm

CFav,

IF (and that's a HUGE "if") things get straightened out and you're able to run duals (you know what I mean,) consider running "ladder bracket racing" with the newbies. It allows everyone to keep racing all day, there's still a clear winner and it gives everyone a chance to judge their abilities based on the competition.

It's a little less organized than elimination because people sometimes forget they are up next and you have to keep on the microphone so everyone knows who's in the box. The ladder brackets, though, are a round robin and keeps everyone involved til they get tired and drop.

Just a suggestions IF you get your dual timing situation settled.

Tom Mangelsdorf
Mangels
Mangels

Post by Tom Mangelsdorf » Tue Jun 13, 2006 2:32 am

guys - i'm so STOKED! can't wait to get y'all into town. dave and i were just talking on the phone. there are a couple hills around here where we can set up after the offical event is over. longer courses on hills.