Races in Idaho

Slalom Skateboarding in the Midwest U.S.A.

Moderators: Christopher Bara, Jonathan Harms, Ron Barbagallo, Lynn Kramer, Maria Carrasco, Russel Cantor

Cameron Conn

Races in Idaho

Post by Cameron Conn » Mon Dec 27, 2004 3:53 am

Is there any races in the potato state that anyone knows about? I am willing to go to other states, but it would be nice if there was races kinda closer to me that would be great.
Its like a gift. I can't control it.

Jack Quarantillo

Post by Jack Quarantillo » Mon Dec 27, 2004 4:11 pm

if you can't find races,
be like eddie texas outlaw...
start your own scene!
Q

Cameron Conn

Post by Cameron Conn » Mon Dec 27, 2004 5:25 pm

good Idea

Chris Favero
CHIxILL Master CFav
CHIxILL Master CFav

Post by Chris Favero » Tue Dec 28, 2004 10:09 am

hey you know.if you are br sun valeey or other mountains,there is a lot of crossover interest.cf
Freak Bros. Racing
www.chixillskateboards.com

Cameron Conn

Post by Cameron Conn » Tue Dec 28, 2004 5:41 pm

cross over interest?
whats that

Tod Oles
Lone Stranger Racing
Lone Stranger Racing

Post by Tod Oles » Tue Dec 28, 2004 9:30 pm

Cameron,

People who snowboard or snow ski may find the "cross over" to slalom skating or general longboarding
a good crosstraining activity during the summer to keep the "flow"...
and just to keep in good condition....
try and get some of those people interested!

Lenny Poage
Lenny Poage
Lenny Poage

Post by Lenny Poage » Thu Dec 30, 2004 12:40 pm

In addition to gaining cross-overs, if you throw something and post it either here or NCDSA, people will come. To paraphrase Brian Parsons paraphrasing "Field of Dreams," if you set the course, they will come.

Later,
Lenny
HOSS

Cameron Conn

Post by Cameron Conn » Thu Dec 30, 2004 4:25 pm

Thanks for all the good Ideas guys
If anyone wants to help organize some races in ID please say. I am thinking about in Bosie or Sun Vally to do some races. Once the snow goes away the races will start happening, since there is no races here in ID. Noah koski you can help me organize races too, becuase we kinda live in the same town. So if anyone wants to help me do this for 2005 just say.

Wesley Tucker
1961-2013 (RIP)
1961-2013 (RIP)

Post by Wesley Tucker » Sat Jan 01, 2005 3:09 am

I remembered something today out of the blue. Back in 2002 or early 2003, Russ Howell announced he was organizing a race in some conjunction with either the Idaho State Fair, a local fair or some other festival. Then after a few weeks he cancelled saying there were problems with the venue, the festival and I don't remember what all.

Does anyone know if Russ is in Idaho, was staying in Idaho temporarily or was never in Idaho but was trying to do something from afar? Maybe, possibly, perhaps there is at least one other cone racer somewhere near Cameron?

Of course, Idaho is a big place. Just because they are in the same state doesn't mean they can get together on weekends. But at least it's a start.

Noah Koski

Post by Noah Koski » Sun Jan 02, 2005 10:22 am

yes cameron we do live in the same town like 2 blocks away. Ya i do think we should get a race starting in ID some time soon when the snow dies.
SLALOM!
"Pain is temporary..........Glory is forever"

Cameron Conn

Post by Cameron Conn » Thu Jan 06, 2005 4:32 am

when the snow dies? you refer to it as a hated animal not worthy of mercy or pity. Thats what I think of it!

Christopher Bara
KILL CITY RACING
KILL CITY RACING

Post by Christopher Bara » Thu Jan 06, 2005 9:30 pm

well......actually.......we skate downhill all winter, though this one has been pretty sh*tty so far...
If the road is clear of ice (a couple patches are OK)....and there's not big salt chunks...then it's a good day to ride down a hill. Windy days are a bite, but cold weather shouldnt keep you off the board. We've done downhill as cold as 10 degrees. Nothing like it. Not noisy and congested like skislopes...strangely quiet....thinking in the back of your mind "this is friggin' crazy"....yep...a great way to spend a Sunday afternoon....

Scott Ward!....when are you gonna drag you butt back up to the hill??......We were out on Newyears day...hungover and all...25 degrees but sunny...slap on your softest wheels and c'mon over!

Scott Ward

Post by Scott Ward » Tue Jan 11, 2005 2:45 am

Between work, the flu and home stuff it's been hard.

Since I can't make the closing of Van's this Saturday I may come out Sunday.

I'll see what I can do.