MSSS

Slalom Skateboarding in the Midwest U.S.A.

Moderators: Christopher Bara, Jonathan Harms, Ron Barbagallo, Lynn Kramer, Maria Carrasco, Russel Cantor

Christopher Bara
KILL CITY RACING
KILL CITY RACING

Post by Christopher Bara » Wed Nov 17, 2004 9:55 pm

We're thinking about it Derek.....about 150.00 round trip from Detroit to Providence....then is it about a 2 hour ride?

Looks like that park has a Vert contest scheduled the same day at 3:00. Your banked gig starts at 9:00....when does the park close?.....and will there be open skate for the public after 9:00 in the rest of the park?..I'm just curious on if the place will be jam packed all night

thanks

Derek Smith

Post by Derek Smith » Wed Nov 17, 2004 10:03 pm

Yeah, almost 2 hours up there, transportation can be arranged. The park will be all ours after 9pm till whenever. We were thinking of hitting it in the AM too, but would have a few straglers at that point, not many. But that night from 9pm on we own the place. Only the people in the contest will be there. Let me know. We can arrange a bed for you too.

Christopher Bara
KILL CITY RACING
KILL CITY RACING

Post by Christopher Bara » Wed Nov 17, 2004 11:59 pm

i wont need a bed...but can you hook me up with a botttle of Jim Beam,
5 Midget Hookers and a Donkey?

actually, if we get it together and make it out there, there'll be more than just me....what hotels are near the park, any idea?

I never thought we'd be hitting the NE in winter, but we did Potomac mills banked and it was a blast....and now Vans is closing that park so it looks your event wil be the East Coast Banked gig aye?

And having the park to ourselves late night is big time kudos

Derek Smith

Post by Derek Smith » Thu Nov 18, 2004 2:50 pm

I'll check on hotels today and send you an email. There are a bunch of cheapos right near there. The park is a blast, plan on hitting the 9am session on Sunday too if you've got time. It's empty then. There's a vert contest at 3 on the day of the race if any of you want to go for the hat trick. The Jim Beam is ordered and the hookers are being de-clapped. As for the donkey, TK runs a dog training company so I'm sure there will be some large dogs for loaner.

Tod Oles
Lone Stranger Racing
Lone Stranger Racing

Post by Tod Oles » Thu Nov 18, 2004 11:38 pm

Chris,

Yer gettin old dude..... Only "ONE" donkey??? '-)

Lenny Poage
Lenny Poage
Lenny Poage

Post by Lenny Poage » Fri Nov 19, 2004 1:04 am

I guess one has to pace himself with only one bottle of Jim.
HOSS

Christopher Bara
KILL CITY RACING
KILL CITY RACING

Post by Christopher Bara » Tue Nov 23, 2004 3:19 pm

hey i may be down to one Donkey, but i'm up to five midgets!

and...

In the words of a very wise, very high skatebrother

"Ah yes, good old Konnie Oles" .....(2 minutes of total silence as everybody forgets what they were talking about)........."yep yep yep"......

I'll never forget the conversation that Al will never remember...

heh heh heeeee

Joe Iacovelli

Post by Joe Iacovelli » Wed Nov 24, 2004 1:45 am

CB,

Northwest DTT to manchester, NH $182 1 1/2 hours closer.

This is a summer hot spot. BEAUTIFUL shorline, but no one there in winter. Plenty of hotels to go around and cheap. Once I get a number of overnighters, I'll swing a group deal somewhere. You know I've done it before.

This park blows Vans away. Don't know about the Donkey, but I'll see what I can do to get the Z boy there. Add in cheap lobster and great local beer?

Come kick my ass.

Joe

Christopher Bara
KILL CITY RACING
KILL CITY RACING

Post by Christopher Bara » Wed Nov 24, 2004 11:12 am

Hey BroJoe!...yeah, 182 plus all the damn taxes...brings me up to about 225 and out of the price range for a weekender!
that 150 includes tax...Fadell found it and i dont know how he found one so cheap..

Wont this place be able to take care of a room AND the midgets??
http://www.7dwarfsmotel.com/sno_rentals.html

heh heh....coincidence?.....I DONT THINK SO!

I'd like to get our there for the weekend, skate, party and all...but it's going to depend on somebody else coming out with me...I hate travelling alone...reminds me too much of work
Oh, i know what youre thinking..."But Chris, you work in the exciting and dangerous field of auto insurance, what's not to like about that!!"

Believe it or not, it's not as glamorous of a career as we're led to believe

(shit, i'm killin' me over here....hoo hoo hoo)

hey.....uhhh......why is this race under the MSSS thread???

Chris Favero
CHIxILL Master CFav
CHIxILL Master CFav

Post by Chris Favero » Wed Nov 24, 2004 11:17 am

because we are all knuckleheads.no explanation needed.happy thanksgiving all.cf
Freak Bros. Racing
www.chixillskateboards.com

Joe Iacovelli

Post by Joe Iacovelli » Wed Nov 24, 2004 11:32 am

$178 includes taxes and fees, $182 is Orbitz price.

And you don't need to drive in Boston. (Priceless)

Joe

Derek Smith

Post by Derek Smith » Wed Nov 24, 2004 1:06 pm

Chris, I'm headed up to Rye tonight and will scout out the local hotel scene. You're welcome to crash in my basement lair complete with 2' X 8' quarter and 2' X 6' bank ramp. It's got a futon and couch. Nothing special, but not too bad. The reason this race is in this forum is because I hijacked it. Desperate measures. Whatever airport is cheaper (boston, Manchester NH, or Providence RI) I can pick you all up at.

Christopher Bara
KILL CITY RACING
KILL CITY RACING

Post by Christopher Bara » Wed Nov 24, 2004 3:14 pm

Thanks Joe....i forgot about driving thru Boston....
i'd rather avoid that ....(i heard Boston is a dangerous city)...ho ho ho
seriously though, i'm not looking forward to a long drive in NH in January, so i'll run that new option by Greg...thanks for that, man

Derek..youre a helluva host!.....i may take you up on one of those offers!
I kinda suck in the park, to be honest, but i like tooling around on the longboard....Greg will rip...Terry too if he comes out
(you hijacked the forum?...where the hell is the forum-moderator when you need one??)

I should know by this weekend

January in the northeast............will i need a swimtrunks and sunscreen?

CF!....how ya been??......i'm hoping you guys are going to do another hoopla in Chitown in'05,... yeah?
I've got to stay sober enough to do Wilson this time...... I'll never forget that bleeding headache

Dave Gale
Dave Gale
Dave Gale

Post by Dave Gale » Sat Nov 27, 2004 1:33 am

hhmmmmphhh.. Hmff. I' been "high" jacked???? Hey,
Just got back from Cow Town..weather SUCKED dry for a bit yesterday, let my dog pull mw 'round my dad's retirement type area(leash law) God is 28-30 degree weather @ 20mph behind a rabid 80 lbs German Sheppard, veering left then right then left again then left right /fingers freezing ears burning !! DAMN, I shoulda worn shoes and long pants!!!!!!!!!!
Ever try to run one out barfoot into a golf course covered w/ goose poop??? Now there's a story all it's own!
ENJOY!! (while you can)

Lenny Poage
Lenny Poage
Lenny Poage

Post by Lenny Poage » Tue Nov 30, 2004 4:53 pm

Dave G, you're right, there HAS to be a story in that!!! In fact, someone may have to adopt that into an "It's all fun and games until...." repertoire!!!
HOSS