September Race

Slalom Skateboarding in the Midwest U.S.A.

Moderators: Christopher Bara, Jonathan Harms, Ron Barbagallo, Lynn Kramer, Maria Carrasco, Russel Cantor

Lenny Poage
Lenny Poage
Lenny Poage

September Race

Post by Lenny Poage » Thu Jul 22, 2004 5:13 am

I was talking tonight with a guy who works with the Student Life/ Activities Dept. at the University of Rio Grande here in Ohio and they're pretty interested in having a race in- say- mid-September. I told him I'd post on here and see if y'all are interested in coming here to Mothman country for a race. If this is a "go," I'll need some help with timing equipment, etc. Any takers? Also, anyone know of any bands who want to play the event? Right now this is in the "let's see what happens" phase, but he seemed really stoked on the idea.

P.S. the "official" race wouldn't be at Racoon Creek, but I'd be down for an outlaw race/ session there the night before, etc.
HOSS

Christopher Bara
KILL CITY RACING
KILL CITY RACING

Post by Christopher Bara » Thu Jul 22, 2004 3:26 pm

Hey Lenny...i'd say i'd be 50/50 for a Sept race.....there's allot of "home stuff" going on with school starting back up then....but a 3 day weekend is possible.....where's this school at?

Dave Gale
Dave Gale
Dave Gale

Post by Dave Gale » Thu Jul 22, 2004 4:38 pm

I'll try and make it, but like Chris, school's back in session w/3 kids it aint easy, and My Gauley season is in full swing Fri-Mon. But I like Bob Evan's gravy and biscuits and the pot roast aint bad either!! I'll be making the trek up your way shortly to meet my dad @ Bob Evans in Rio Grande and will certainly hang for a session on a weekday evening at your sss.
ENJOY!! (while you can)

Lenny Poage
Lenny Poage
Lenny Poage

Post by Lenny Poage » Thu Jul 22, 2004 6:38 pm

Awesome!! Mmmmmmm....Biscuits and gravy (in my best Homer Simpson voice) You're always welcome at Casa De Poage.

Chris, Rio's in SE Ohio, about an hour and a half from Columbus, and hour from Chillicothe and 20 minutes from Point Pleasant, WV. It's about 40 minutes or so from Skatopia and an hour from Athens, for all those park dogs!
HOSS

Dave Gale
Dave Gale
Dave Gale

Post by Dave Gale » Thu Jul 22, 2004 6:59 pm

Lenny,
Is your sweet sss @ Racoon creek north or south of Rio Grande? I know Racoon Creek proper is on the south side of Bob Evan's farm and is the "longest creek in the world" But get the feeling your paved paridise is nearer Gallipolis (sp?)
Probably be 1st week of Aug when I take my eldest to go spend a week w/ grandpa!! My schedule has been hectic 17 of the last 20 dayze have been pushin people and rubber down my little creek! My body hurts and my soul seeks slalom!!!! I'm darker than Drayton and Sidlo combined and my shoulders ache and on my day off the river I get a river fallin' from the sky!!! Liquid sunshine in my line o' work!!! Gotta get you and Jennys arse down here from some raftin soon! So I can trash ya' proper!
Enjoy,
Dave G
ENJOY!! (while you can)

Lenny Poage
Lenny Poage
Lenny Poage

Post by Lenny Poage » Thu Jul 22, 2004 11:35 pm

It's south of Rio Grande, RIGHT outside Gallipolis. It's called the O.O. McIntyre (SP?) Park District. I'll also have to show you the potential race for September (if it comes together). They want something right on campus.

I'm up for rafting, but Jenny's still scared she'll be the one person to fall out and "everybody will have to stop and save me." That new Best Buy commercial didn't help. :-)
HOSS

Dave Gale
Dave Gale
Dave Gale

Post by Dave Gale » Fri Jul 23, 2004 12:47 am

Hell Lenny!! That's what wives are there for...To ignore (don't let her read this) I'll take care of her and selectively thrash you and others!! deal???
Just kidding! I hate paper work as much as the next guy! Now if Ohm's up for the same day I'll have a hay-day!!!!!!!!!!!!!
ENJOY!! (while you can)

Lenny Poage
Lenny Poage
Lenny Poage

Post by Lenny Poage » Fri Jul 23, 2004 3:37 am

LOL Sounds good to me. I'll see what I can do.
HOSS