Charleston WV race??

Slalom Skateboarding in the Midwest U.S.A.

Moderators: Christopher Bara, Jonathan Harms, Ron Barbagallo, Lynn Kramer, Maria Carrasco, Russel Cantor

Christopher Bara
KILL CITY RACING
KILL CITY RACING

Charleston WV race??

Post by Christopher Bara » Sat Jun 12, 2004 2:49 am

keep us posted on that Lenny...that's only about a 7 hour hike from where i live....
that'd make for a great weekend....
is this festival a big party too?

Lenny Poage
Lenny Poage
Lenny Poage

Post by Lenny Poage » Thu Jun 24, 2004 10:37 am

I'll definitely keep you posted. I haven't heard anything in the past couple days. Last I heard, Marc was meeting with the festival organizers this week to discuss the race. I think right now the big issues are timing equipment and a PA/music.

As far as the party goes, I've not been to the fest myself, BUT where there's a will there's a way!! :-)
HOSS

Lenny Poage
Lenny Poage
Lenny Poage

Post by Lenny Poage » Wed Jun 30, 2004 7:39 pm

I haven't heard much, but last I heard is that, since this is the first race, we're keeping it simple. No frills or music, just cones and a good time. I think there's also going to be a tech-skating demo in order to cast a wider net of those interested. Bahne and Gravity expressed interest in helping out, but I've basically forwarded every thing I've heard to Marc.

Timers are still a problem. What do you guys use? When I'm practicing, I set an off-set randomly after the end of the course. Then purposefully hit it as a signal to stop the stop-watch. (Dave G taught me that!) That has been great for practicing, but will it work for a race?
HOSS

Lenny Poage
Lenny Poage
Lenny Poage

Post by Lenny Poage » Sat Jul 17, 2004 1:51 pm

I got an email from Marc and next month's race is off in Charleston. It's basically a comedy of errors, but suffice it to say it just wasn't working out. Hopefully next year. I'll see y'all definitely in October!!
HOSS

Christopher Bara
KILL CITY RACING
KILL CITY RACING

Post by Christopher Bara » Sat Jul 17, 2004 5:10 pm

Hey Lenny, why wait till October?....why dont you just drive up to Chicago next weekend?

Dave Gale
Dave Gale
Dave Gale

Post by Dave Gale » Sun Jul 18, 2004 1:21 pm

Lenny,

I'll loan you my A.R-15 and give you directions to an un disclosed locale(near Cunard W.Va) you shoot the main tubes out of raft #69 (it's the same rightside up or down) I'll wear my low float olive drab, fishing P.F.D (life jacket) and swim to shore unnoticed we return to the nest and grab my board(s), Jump in the car, or on the motorcycles and head to Chi Town!!! It's fool proof, as long as the 8 shots it takes to sink the raft are on the money!!
P.S Don't hit any of the guests, cause I'll have paper work to fill out upon arrival!
I gotta see my brother Knuckleheads!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Welp, off to the river I go!
ENJOY!! (while you can)

Christopher Bara
KILL CITY RACING
KILL CITY RACING

Post by Christopher Bara » Sun Jul 18, 2004 10:04 pm

Brother Dave, if Lewis and Clark could paddle their way across the US of A, then i KNOW your could find some tributaries that will take you up to the windy city..........better get going today though

(if i see you pull up to the race on a raft at the Lake Michigan shoreline, i'll buy you the beer for the night)

Dave Gale
Dave Gale
Dave Gale

Post by Dave Gale » Mon Jul 19, 2004 8:24 am

Chris,
Times have changed! They were funded by Jefferson and only had to deal with "red skins". I, on the other hand have to earn Jeffersons and deal W/ "rednecks!" ;}
ENJOY!! (while you can)

Lenny Poage
Lenny Poage
Lenny Poage

Post by Lenny Poage » Fri Apr 20, 2007 7:58 pm

OK it's only 3 years later than originally planned, but there WILL be a race in Charleston, WV. Check it out at

http://www.ncdsa.com/contest_registrati ... testID=310

It's looking like a LOT of fun!!!
HOSS