GS Clinic: Pumpstation, December 17th - moved to Jan 28t

Slalom Skateboarding in California

Moderators: Jonathan Harms, Ron Barbagallo, Lynn Kramer, Maria Carrasco, Russel Cantor

Erik Basil

GS Clinic: Pumpstation, December 17th - moved to Jan 28t

Post by Erik Basil » Thu Nov 30, 2006 9:01 pm

La Costa Boys Racing and Silverfish Longboarding.com bring you another slalom clinic at the world-famous Pump Station road and, this time, it's all about Giant Slalom!

"Ascending Asphalt, 2006"
9:30am, Pump Station

We'll start halfway down the hill, with an abbreviated GS course, to teach beginner and old hands the basic techniques and styles for effective and safe GS racing, and then we'll start "ascending" the hill by periodically extending the start-line upwards, cone by cone.

This event is sponsored by La Costa Boys Racing, Silverfish Longboarding, Bell Helmets & Pocket Pistols Skates!

For more information, or to use the free sign-up for the event , CLICK HERE
I ride fast boards, slowly.

Erik Basil

Post by Erik Basil » Fri Dec 08, 2006 3:01 pm

More information now HERE and here's hopin' to see you out there!

Erik Basil

Post by Erik Basil » Thu Dec 14, 2006 10:19 pm

This Event is Postponed, due to forecasted Rain. It will be reset, and new information posted, shortly.

Erik Basil

Post by Erik Basil » Tue Dec 19, 2006 10:29 pm

Reset to January 28th, the Sunday after ASR.

Erik Basil

Post by Erik Basil » Thu Jan 04, 2007 10:24 pm

Sunday, January 28th, 2007
San Diego California
"Ascending Asphalt, 2007"
9:30am, Pump Station
GS Clinic and Racing, single lane.
Event is Free, but bring a few bucks to buy lunch for the crew.

For more information, or to use the free sign-up for the event, see the Events Calendar on Silverfish Longboarding.com.

This event is brought to you by La Costa Boys Racing, Silverfish Longboarding.com and sponsors including Pocket Pistols, Sk8Kings, Khiro and more. We'll set up an entry-level GS course on the lower half of the famous Pump Station, and our coaches (including Lynn Kramer, Tiger Williams, Clay Westling and JJ Corning) will work with skaters to fine tune basics, style and strategy as we add cones, one by one, to the top of the course. When we're all done, it's racing time on the course we've built!