Badlander Lee Gahimer Registered Today

Slalom Skateboarding in California

Moderators: Jonathan Harms, Ron Barbagallo, Lynn Kramer, Maria Carrasco, Russel Cantor

Wesley Tucker
1961-2013 (RIP)
1961-2013 (RIP)

Badlander Lee Gahimer Regsitered Today

Post by Wesley Tucker » Wed Aug 30, 2006 8:48 pm

For those who don't know, Lee Gahimer is a old-time Badlander who skated with the likes of Salba, Malba, Evans, Ransom and Kimbel at the old Pipeline park and Mt. Baldy. I'm not aware that he ran cones, but I'm glad to see he's registered with SS.com.

When you log on again, Lee, let us know what's going on? I spoke to Evans today and he'd like to know what's up? If you've been out of the loop, we can let you know there's more than a few old Badlanders in our midst skating the contests and serious about slalom in 2006.

Paul Graf

Lee Gahimer

Post by Paul Graf » Thu Aug 31, 2006 2:03 am

One on my good freinds Francis Albanese from St. Louis that I grew up with joined the Navy in the early 80's and met Lee Gahimer who was also in the Navy at the same time. I remember hearing stories about them skating together and Lee not believing someone from St. Louis couls actually skate.

So Lee, if you read this.. Francis says Hi!!!

Paul

Wesley Tucker
1961-2013 (RIP)
1961-2013 (RIP)

Post by Wesley Tucker » Fri Oct 20, 2006 5:45 pm

Wednesday I received some new Icks (another story entirely.) Included in the box was an old, tattered, browned piece of paper. It was an Ick promo flyer measuring 16 x 12 from 1978. (At least Tim Schilling's signature is dated '78.) I called Carin Howell and asked why Rick included it in the box? She said that it was in a box of stuff they found and Rick wanted me to have it:

Down in the corner under the skater's front wheels it reads:

"Lee Gahimer (Photo Buddy Aldred)

Carin told me the original shot is from the Upland Pipeline Park.

Pretty cool.