The Last Slalom Race

Slalom Skateboarding in California

Moderators: Jonathan Harms, Ron Barbagallo, Lynn Kramer, Maria Carrasco, Russel Cantor

Jack Smith
Morro Bay Skate legend
Morro Bay Skate legend

The Last Slalom Race

Post by Jack Smith » Sat Dec 25, 2004 6:18 am

Hosted by Sonny, Duane and Jacy

Glenn S

Post by Glenn S » Sun Dec 26, 2004 6:56 pm

Jack,
From the title of the race I'm gunna guess a house or houses are finally being built on the lots next to driveway? Too bad that was a very seanic and layed-back location.

Jack Smith
Morro Bay Skate legend
Morro Bay Skate legend

The Last Slalom Race

Post by Jack Smith » Mon Dec 27, 2004 3:06 am

Hi Glenn,

That's the deal. Some guy bought all ten lots at about 500K each.

So who can tell me who are Sonny, Duane and Jacy?

Jack Smith
Morro Bay Skate legend
Morro Bay Skate legend

The Last Picture Show

Post by Jack Smith » Mon Dec 27, 2004 6:09 pm

Very good, Joe!

The Last Picture Show is one of my all time favorite films. Bogdinavich brings a very realistic starkness to this film. It was released in 1971 or 1972, in black and white. This was Cybil Sheperds first film role.

I lived in the west Texas town of Sweetwater between the ages of 6 and 10. I can remember going to every high school football home game, and listening to the away games on my transitor radio. After the bus would pick us up at the elementary school we would go pick up the high school kids, the bus would park next to the football practice field, I remenber thinking how cool it would be to someday play on the Mustangs football team. It was not to be, being an Air Force brat we moved to Alaska in fourth grade, My football playing days ended around 7th grade when I figured our I was just too dang small and maybe a little averse to getting pounded by players much bigger then me. Although I never played high school football, I never lost my interest in it. A great book to read about Texas high schoool football is "Friday Night Lights", it was also made into a film and released this year.

If anyone is interested in reading the treatment or script I wrote based on Iowa girl's, 6 on 6, high school basketball drop me an email.

Ok, now back to skating, the weather is looking shaky for next weekend's Cambria race.

John Gilmour
Team Roe Racing
Team Roe Racing

Post by John Gilmour » Fri Dec 31, 2004 4:46 am

Does anyone have any of the old Turner footage by Darcy that was shot on that hill?
One good turn deserves another
john gilmour

Wesley Tucker
1961-2013 (RIP)
1961-2013 (RIP)

Post by Wesley Tucker » Fri Dec 31, 2004 4:48 am

I have the Turner Promo Movie that was shot there. Really good stuff except for the personal interviews.