Moderator: Hans Koraeus

Hans Koraeus
Corky - World Ranking Master Mind

ISSA World Ranking - 2011

Post by Hans Koraeus » Sun Feb 13, 2011 12:47 am

www.slalomranking.com

Time to open up the forum topic for the 2011 ranking.

Here is where we will post about ranking updates for 2011 ranking. And where you all can ask questions about ranking matters in general.

Calendar will soon be updated with events.

Marshals are working hard figuring out statuses for the 2011 season.

We are working on the slalomranking site also. There are many, many things we want to do. We will see what we will have time to manage until April 1 when the first ranking for 2011 will be published. But that will not stop us from continuing to work with the slalomranking site during the year. Be aware that things may be a little bit shaky now and then on the site. At least we can now put the ranking updates aside for a while and concentrate on other things.

It's also a new project trying to get as many as possible to help out with all the work tasks to get the ranking administration rolling.

Let's hope we can turn around the slalom hype this 2011 and get more people on the road for some fun slalom racing events. A well functioning ranking site is a step on the way.

<center>______________________________________________________________
www.slalomranking.com</center>

Hans Koraeus

Post by Hans Koraeus » Fri Apr 15, 2011 3:06 am

<center>______________________________________________________________

ISSA World Ranking - March 31 2011
www.slalomranking.com

First ranking update for 2011 is done.

Now let's keep up with result registrations so that the database is ready for every ranking update that will be done after the end of each month.

And soon we will have the event homepage tool ready to enter event news for events.

And with that it will not be long before we have a working event registration for events as well.

Hans Koraeus

Post by Hans Koraeus » Sat Apr 23, 2011 2:12 am

Just a small announcement that functionality now is added for racers to be able to sign up for an event on www.slalomranking.com

- Racer: Register for an event
1. Go to your racer homepage
2. Select the Registration page
3. First all upcoming events that you are registerd for are listed. Then all other upcoming events are listed.
4. Each upcoming event has a link "Register". If you click the link you will sign up for the event.

- Event: Listing registered racers
1. Go to the event homepage.
3. All registered racers will show

Example of how a registration list looks like look at Texas Sizzler

Sj Kalliokoski

Post by Sj Kalliokoski » Sat Apr 23, 2011 8:11 am

Is there way for racer to remove registration if by mistake picks incorrect race?
-pokkis

Donald Campbell
Pavel
Pavel

Post by Donald Campbell » Sat Apr 23, 2011 9:04 am

amazing job corky
we need to get this thing up in full swing and make it mandatory for issa sanctioned races!!!!!!!!!!!

Steve Pederson
Steve
Steve

Post by Steve Pederson » Sat Apr 23, 2011 2:46 pm

Thanks for all your work on this!!!!!!

Cat Young
Bad Kitty
Bad Kitty

Post by Cat Young » Sun Apr 24, 2011 2:14 am

Nice nice work Corky.
Thank yiu!

Eddy Martinez
Texas Outlaw
Texas Outlaw

Post by Eddy Martinez » Sun Apr 24, 2011 4:12 pm

Gracias Corky. Mucho Appreciated. Your Amigo Eddy Texas Outlaws.

Hans Koraeus

Post by Hans Koraeus » Sun Apr 24, 2011 7:11 pm

Yes thanks! This is going to be really nice but I was a little bit too eager to get it up. :-|

The current system registering existing racers is to easy to exploit for hackers. It just took one day and somebody ran a program adding the same bunch of skaters to all events 2011. I have turned off the registration for the moment on the website. Interesting it was found that quickly. Maybe we have a slalom hacker out there. ;-)

We will have to add an intermediate dialog with a graphic with numbers and characters that you have to type in to avoid simple hacking like above. I was just too eager to get it out so I did not wait on that...

The plan is to use the forum login also for the ranking website.

The plan for racer registration is:
1. If you don't have a forum account anybody can register you through the ranking site. For good and for bad.

2. If you have a forum account only you yourself can register for events on the website.

3. Those who have the "ISSA Event Admin Tool" can register all racers and also add new racers when needed

About adding new racers, change registartion or correcting faulty registrations
For the moment you then have to contact event organizer, national coordinator, marshals or other people who will have the "ISSA event admin tool".

I will add a link on the website with info of who you can contact for this.

If you are a new racer and not in the database yet then send an e-mail giving us the data we need for registration. The "ISSA event admin tool" can add new racers.

I though it was too scary to leave racer registration open on the website. I prefer that added through some human controlled way.

We will see when we can open up the website registration again. For the moment the event admin tool will be the only way to register. Any event organizer who has an event registered in the ISSA calendar will have great value of using this tool.

Hans Koraeus

Post by Hans Koraeus » Thu Apr 28, 2011 1:35 am

Ok, maybe I was too fast with thinking it was a hacker. I just realized it was probably just a web crawler looking for pages. Like for example Google.

I have now registered for "polite" web crawlers to not search the slalomranking.

Soon we will have the picture consent dialog up and working before letting any registration go through.

I have now opened up the registration again. But if I see problem with "Web crawlers" again I might need to stop the registration function temporarily. Let's see it as a test for the moment.

Hans Koraeus

Post by Hans Koraeus » Thu Apr 28, 2011 1:42 am

Hans Koraeus wrote:Just a small announcement that functionality now is added for racers to be able to sign up for an event on www.slalomranking.com

- Racer: Register for an event
1. Go to your racer homepage
3. First all upcoming events that you are registerd for are listed. Then all other upcoming events are listed.
4. Each upcoming event has a link "Register". If you click the link you will sign up for the event.

- Event: Listing registered racers
1. Go to the event homepage.
3. All registered racers will show

Example of how a registration list looks like look at...
Texas Sizzler
Callot Island

Hans Koraeus

Post by Hans Koraeus » Thu Apr 28, 2011 1:48 am

And what became obvious once the registration was up is that I will need to...

- Add the latest registered racer for an event on front page. Maybe show the latest 5 events.

- Add a complete list with last registered racers the last month.

- Add to the event list how many registered racers there are. And when finished how many racers attended with results.

Hans Koraeus

Re: ISSA World Ranking - 2011

Post by Hans Koraeus » Sun Jun 05, 2011 6:13 pm

ISSA World Ranking - May 31 2011
www.slalomranking.com

There are a few result registrations missing. Let's try and get them in each month so that the database is ready for the monthly ranking updates.

The event list on the ranking site now shows what results are missing.

The event homepage tool is ready for a test phase. It will be given to some select persons to try it out.

Hans Koraeus

Post by Hans Koraeus » Sat Aug 06, 2011 2:07 am

ISSA World Ranking - July 31 2011
www.slalomranking.com

There are a few result registrations missing. Let's try and get them in each month so that the database is ready for the monthly ranking updates.

The event list on the ranking site now shows what results are missing.

Peter Pletanek
SlalomGangBang
SlalomGangBang

Post by Peter Pletanek » Mon Aug 08, 2011 8:17 pm

Corky

there is a small mistake in the slalomranking

Terezka Podlahova
Raduska Podlahova

are both Female and not male, maybe you can correct this...

thanks in advance
Peter

Hans Koraeus

Post by Hans Koraeus » Mon Aug 08, 2011 10:40 pm

Peter Pletanek wrote:Corky

there is a small mistake in the slalomranking

Terezka Podlahova
Raduska Podlahova

are both Female and not male, maybe you can correct this...

thanks in advance
Peter

Fixed now. But will not be taken into account for rankings until next update Aug 30.

/Corky

Chris Favero
CHIxILL Master CFav
CHIxILL Master CFav

Post by Chris Favero » Tue Aug 09, 2011 2:05 am

Corky, thank you for doing this. You really are an unsung hero in the slalom scene.
Cfav
Freak Bros. Racing
www.chixillskateboards.com

Claude Regnier
Claude Regnier
Claude Regnier

Post by Claude Regnier » Thu Aug 11, 2011 3:02 am

Whoa there Chris!! I heard him sing before but he is still a HERO!!!!!! :)
Many Happy Pumps!

Hans Koraeus

Post by Hans Koraeus » Fri Sep 02, 2011 6:31 pm

ISSA World Ranking - August 31 2011

New world ranking update with full points for the two Majors.

Joe McLaren is running for his best ever season result this year. And it starts to show in the season ranking...

The event list is looking good with results registered for most events. Only problem is Brasil. They don't even have their statuses granted... :-( Maybe the events got cancelled?

Steve Pederson
Steve
Steve

Post by Steve Pederson » Fri Sep 02, 2011 9:27 pm

Thanks for updating the rankings!

Claude Regnier
Claude Regnier
Claude Regnier

Post by Claude Regnier » Sat Sep 03, 2011 3:45 pm

Corky, I sent you the results from the 8th Annual Dovercourt Open at the beginning of August as I missed it right after the event. Did you not receive them?
Many Happy Pumps!

Hans Koraeus

Post by Hans Koraeus » Sun Sep 04, 2011 12:56 am

Claude Regnier wrote:Corky, I sent you the results from the 8th Annual Dovercourt Open at the beginning of August as I missed it right after the event. Did you not receive them?
No, I have not seen them. Send them again please and I will register them. I try to register results as quickly as possible when I get them. And now it shows very clearly on the world ranking event list when results are registered or not. So if anyone knows about results that are missing please send them to me.

It has been so much hard work the last two seasons trying to get hold of all results at the end of the year. This year finally we are back in business again and it looks really good. And those events with missing results may be events that has been cancelled. If anyone knows about events in the event list that has been cancelled let me know so I can mark them as such.

Hans Koraeus

Post by Hans Koraeus » Sun Sep 04, 2011 1:29 am

Next season wish list
Now what is missing with the ranking site and what we hopefully can get working next season is that organizers make use of their ranking homepages.

- Sending in event poster, articles and pictures about their events for the world ranking site.

- Making use of the racer registration feature on the ranking site.
Racers can register themselves. And the organizers can also register racers.

- Making use of the "Create start list" feature.
If you as an organizer register all racers at the ranking site you may use the new feature of creating start lists for the event.
You can recreate the start lists whenever needed and just copy and paste them into excel.

The world ranking position will be used to build the start lists.
And it will also make sure that people from the same country does not have to race against each other as much as it is possible. You don't want to travel abroad and end up racing the same persons you race against at home.
Lowest ranked racers starts and then continues until the highest ranked racers at the end.
If uneven number of racers the first racer will run alone to make sure this is not the case when coming to the highest ranked racers at the end of the list.

Creating start lists like this is time consuming and tricky and something most organizer don't care or have time to do on race day. I usually do it because I think it increases the value for both the event and the racers. Now everybody can make use of this feature.

- Many other features.
There are a lot of other things in the pipeline of course for both organizers and racers themselves. Racers also have their own ranking homepages. Things move ahead slowly. The speed and motivation depends much on how the interest and support from racers and organizers are. I still have a hope that the ranking site idea will work some day at its full potential.

Also I have realized that maybe it's not a good idea to be outside the BOD. I left the BOD some years back in hope to have new fresh people coming in with lots of energy knowing that I would do the ranking work either way. But not being in the BOD you also are left out of some critical discussions about the ranking itself. This was nothing I had thought of and which resulted in the ranking collapse when the BOD wanted to go another way with the World ranking. The new BOD members this season who came in to try and save the very critical situation we had gave me the green light to start up the world ranking again and try and develop some of the missing features that was never finished before. This has been done now and I think it will be possible to start using the world ranking site seriously for 2012.

But who knows what the next years BOD will do? I don't want to see the same collapse for the World ranking again. I think the world ranking is important for the slalom scene the backbone of it all. Events, racers and results and the archive and slalom history from year to year in a well structured way.

Sebastien Leger
Seb
Seb

Post by Sebastien Leger » Wed Sep 07, 2011 4:14 am

Hi Corky,

I have noticed that me and Emilie Gascon (and other racers) have no results for their participation to the World Championships in Canada this year? We have participated and would like to have results in the ranking.

Thanks to Claude, I was about to ask the same questions for the 8th annual Dovercourt Canadian nationals. No results for this race either...

Can you please confirm and add our official results.

Thanks,

Seb Leger and Emilie Gascon
The waves of life makes us stronger!

Jani Soderhall
ISSA President 2011-2024
ISSA President 2011-2024

Post by Jani Soderhall » Wed Sep 07, 2011 8:59 am

I had a quick look at your racer profile at SlalomRanking and there's a 5:th a 9:th from the Worlds. That is in Pro class. In AM you have results from Krispy Hill.

Same for Emelie: 2nd and 4:th.

Where do you not see those results/points?

/Jani

Hans Koraeus

Post by Hans Koraeus » Wed Sep 07, 2011 3:19 pm

Sebastien Leger wrote:Hi Corky,

I have noticed that me and Emilie Gascon (and other racers) have no results for their participation to the World Championships in Canada this year? We have participated and would like to have results in the ranking.

Thanks to Claude, I was about to ask the same questions for the 8th annual Dovercourt Canadian nationals. No results for this race either...

Can you please confirm and add our official results.

Thanks,

Seb Leger and Emilie Gascon

Ok, I see what is going on here.

Sebastien, you are registered as Amateur but raced in the PRO class at the worlds. Since you also raced the Krispy Hill event as AM you now have results in two classes. Pro and Am. So now you also have ranking results in two classes. When looking at your racer home page the AM ranking results are shown as default. That is why you don't see the Pro results. If you select the PRO ranking in the dropdown you will see your PRO ranking results.

Maybe the best would be to mark you as a PRO racer. With your results 5, 9 and 13 at the Worlds you sure qualify as a PRO racer.

/Corky

Hans Koraeus

Post by Hans Koraeus » Wed Sep 07, 2011 3:25 pm

Also the racer result list you see now is the ranking results only. And in the ranking only the 2 best from each event are counted. So if you have events with more than 3 disciplines they don't show right now.

The complete list of results for a racer is something I have on my list to do. Results as they were run and not taking into account the ranking classes.

Hans Koraeus

Post by Hans Koraeus » Wed Sep 07, 2011 3:33 pm

And concerning the Dovercourt Canadian nationals results I'm waiting for Claude to send them to me.

Claude Regnier
Claude Regnier
Claude Regnier

Post by Claude Regnier » Wed Sep 07, 2011 11:29 pm

Corky! I have sent them twice. What e-mail should I be using? Thanks.
Many Happy Pumps!

Sebastien Leger
Seb
Seb

Post by Sebastien Leger » Thu Sep 08, 2011 12:26 am

Thanks for the adjustment and clearyfing the ranking. I didn't see my result in the GS at the worlds in my ranking, but if you say it's in well I will look again. Yes I was pro in 2009 but I race as a pro since 2010. On top of paying my ISSA membership (that Wesley was supposed to change my nationality to Canadain and not France) I thought I was clear on going pro after my 2nd place in the ISSA ranking in 2009.

Would it be possible to add my results combined in my 2011 ranking?

Thanks

Seb Leger

Jani Soderhall
ISSA President 2011-2024
ISSA President 2011-2024

Post by Jani Soderhall » Thu Sep 08, 2011 10:48 am

Claude Regnier wrote:Corky! I have sent them twice. What e-mail should I be using? Thanks.
@gmail.com - he no longer uses the @yahoo.com

/Jani

Claude Regnier
Claude Regnier
Claude Regnier

Post by Claude Regnier » Thu Sep 08, 2011 4:22 pm

Ah-Ha!!!

Corky has confirmed he has received them.

Thanks,

C
Many Happy Pumps!

Hans Koraeus

Post by Hans Koraeus » Thu Sep 08, 2011 5:30 pm

Sebastien Leger wrote:Thanks for the adjustment and clearyfing the ranking. I didn't see my result in the GS at the worlds in my ranking, but if you say it's in well I will look again. Yes I was pro in 2009 but I race as a pro since 2010. On top of paying my ISSA membership (that Wesley was supposed to change my nationality to Canadain and not France) I thought I was clear on going pro after my 2nd place in the ISSA ranking in 2009.

Would it be possible to add my results combined in my 2011 ranking?

Thanks

Seb Leger
What I can see you have no Pro results before. Maybe because you have always raced in a OPEN class. Because you now entered a PRO class it became more visible.

Because 2009 and 2010 was a disaster concerning the ranking I understand it was difficult for you to understand what was going on. But some tried to save the situation and managed to at least get a final ranking for the end of the year. So there you could have seen that you were still in the AM ranking and not in the PRO.

Well no problem for 2011. I have changed your status from Am to PRO. Now all results from 2011 will be going towards the Pro ranking. This means you will be in the PRO rookie ranking also this year. To bad you have not raced more this year. ;-)

/Corky

Hans Koraeus

Post by Hans Koraeus » Thu Sep 08, 2011 5:35 pm

Claude Regnier wrote:Ah-Ha!!!

Corky has confirmed he has received them.

Thanks,

C
Yes, now I got them! ;-)

And I could not wait so I registered them right away. Now it looks perfect for North America and Europe with event results. :-D
World Ranking Event Calendar

Now it's only South America that needs to be sorted out... :-(

/Corky

Sebastien Leger
Seb
Seb

Post by Sebastien Leger » Fri Sep 09, 2011 9:55 pm

Why is our results from the GS at the worlds does not appear in our results? I only see SPC and TSS

Event Discipline Class Place Points
World Championships of Slalom Skateboarding - 2011 SPC PRO 9 528
World Championships of Slalom Skateboarding - 2011 TSS PRO 5 608

One last question... :)

Can you add my 2nd place at the KrispyHill outlaw to my total?

Thanks again for all the help

Seb

Claude Regnier
Claude Regnier
Claude Regnier

Post by Claude Regnier » Fri Sep 09, 2011 11:53 pm

Seb two events per contest only.
Many Happy Pumps!

Hans Koraeus

Post by Hans Koraeus » Sun Sep 11, 2011 8:09 pm

Sebastien Leger wrote:Why is our results from the GS at the worlds does not appear in our results? I only see SPC and TSS

Event Discipline Class Place Points
World Championships of Slalom Skateboarding - 2011 SPC PRO 9 528
World Championships of Slalom Skateboarding - 2011 TSS PRO 5 608

One last question... :)

Can you add my 2nd place at the KrispyHill outlaw to my total?

Thanks again for all the help

Seb
Yes, as Claude says you can only count two results per event into the ranking.

We are missing the basic result view with all race results for a racer. Now you only see the ranking result list with the two best results for each event and class. I will add that basic racer result list also soon. It has been on my to do list since many years... :-|

Your Krispy Hill result will be calculated into your PRO class ranking after next update September 30.

/Corky

Ron Barbagallo
Fatboy

Post by Ron Barbagallo » Thu Sep 22, 2011 5:31 pm

not that it matters or that I'm complaining, but I raced at both Antrim and the Worlds and my results show no races attended
Evil Potentate
Team Fatboy - all hopped up on goofballs!

Still douchebags, but CLASSY douchebags ;)

UNDISPUTED WORLD CATAMARAN CHAMPS!

Wesley Tucker
1961-2013 (RIP)
1961-2013 (RIP)

Post by Wesley Tucker » Fri Sep 23, 2011 2:15 am

Ron Barbagallo wrote:not that it matters or that I'm complaining, but I raced at both Antrim and the Worlds and my results show no races attended
Ron,

Serious question: did your results get reported as "Ron Barbagallo" or "Fatboy?"

Might be Hans hasn't put the two together.

Ron Barbagallo
Fatboy

Post by Ron Barbagallo » Fri Sep 23, 2011 2:45 pm

my name was used

I remember because people who didn't know me called me Ron and it threw me off - I never knew when it was my turn to race!
Evil Potentate

Hans Koraeus

Post by Hans Koraeus » Fri Sep 23, 2011 7:15 pm

Ron Barbagallo wrote:not that it matters or that I'm complaining, but I raced at both Antrim and the Worlds and my results show no races attended
You are in there alright. I looked at your ranking homepage

I bet you looked at event results for the worlds and did not find yourself in the AM class. You were racing in the "Masters" class. ;-)

I just got the Antrim results from Steve Pederson. They will be added this weekend.

/Corky

Ron Barbagallo
Fatboy

Post by Ron Barbagallo » Fri Sep 23, 2011 9:40 pm

thanks Corky!

I looked under Men Am and I was in there, but it showed (-1) races attended - that's what threw me off
Evil Potentate

Hans Koraeus

Post by Hans Koraeus » Sat Sep 24, 2011 12:02 am

Ron Barbagallo wrote:thanks Corky!

I looked under Men Am and I was in there, but it showed (-1) races attended - that's what threw me off

Ok, I see. You were in the AM ranking 2010. And it shows a -1 for number of races. It does for those that has not yet done any events for that class. But you will get some AM points now after Antrim. Actually you will get both AM and Master ranking points for the Antrim event.

I just now added the results for Antrim also.

The ranking points/results for it will come after the Sep 30 World Ranking update.

Ramón Königshausen
Airflow - Skateboards
Airflow - Skateboards

Post by Ramón Königshausen » Mon Sep 26, 2011 11:15 pm

Jani Soderhall wrote:
Claude Regnier wrote:Corky! I have sent them twice. What e-mail should I be using? Thanks.

/Jani

I'm also looking for his email address. What would be the prefix to "@gmail.com"?

thanks!

rmn
Feel the flow – Airflow Skateboards

Real skateboard wheels come in green – ABEC11

Enjoy the ride – GOG Slalom & DH Trucks

Hans Koraeus

Post by Hans Koraeus » Tue Sep 27, 2011 10:42 pm

Ramón Königshausen wrote:
Jani Soderhall wrote:

/Jani

I'm also looking for his email address. What would be the prefix to "@gmail.com"?

thanks!

rmn
corkyswe ;-)

Hans Koraeus

Post by Hans Koraeus » Mon Oct 03, 2011 2:45 am

ISSA World Ranking - September 30 2011

New world ranking update.

Joe McLaren will most likely be number one this season 2011. He is running for his best ever season result this year. And he now also tops the official (4-year) World Ranking so he has a long and proven record behind him. Congratulations Joe!

Janis Kuzmins is moving to second place in the PRO season ranking. The highest place he has ever had.

There are many all time high placements for racers. Maybe a ranking that would be fun to have by the way... hmm. Its now on the to do list.

The event list is looking good with results registered for most events.
Only problem is Brasil. They don't even have their statuses granted... :-( Maybe the events got cancelled?

Hans Koraeus

Post by Hans Koraeus » Wed Nov 02, 2011 1:34 am

ISSA World Ranking - October 30 2011

New world ranking update.

Joe McLaren will most likely be number one this season 2011. He is running for his best ever season result this year. And he now also tops the official (4-year) World Ranking so he has a long and proven record behind him. Congratulations Joe!

Janis Kuzmins is holding on to second place in the PRO season ranking. The highest place he has ever had.

European Championships coming up in November. That sure have the power to make some changes to the ranking placements.

Rank website news this month
- Random image on frontpage
- Poster can be posted for all events now
- Googlemap can be registerd for all events now
Example of poster and google map for an event here

Now working on...
- Adding some more things to the ranking event home pages
- Setting up the 2012 event calendar.

The event list is looking good with results registered for most events.
Only problem is Brasil. They don't even have their statuses granted... :-( Maybe the events got cancelled?

Marcos Soulsby-Monroy

Post by Marcos Soulsby-Monroy » Fri Nov 04, 2011 5:06 am

It's not a big deal or any thing but I noticed that Under the this year ranking that I was listed as Marcos Marcos under the ConeFest Six. No biggy just letting you know.
As Luck would have it . . .

Hans Koraeus

Post by Hans Koraeus » Sat Nov 05, 2011 10:55 pm

Marcos Soulsby-Monroy wrote:It's not a big deal or any thing but I noticed that Under the this year ranking that I was listed as Marcos Marcos under the ConeFest Six. No biggy just letting you know.
Sure it's a big deal. Otherwise your ranking will not be correct. ;-)

It has been fixed now but it will not show in the ranking results until next ranking calculation Nov 30.

Marcos Soulsby-Monroy

Post by Marcos Soulsby-Monroy » Sat Nov 12, 2011 8:04 pm

Hans Koraeus wrote:
Marcos Soulsby-Monroy wrote:It's not a big deal or any thing but I noticed that Under the this year ranking that I was listed as Marcos Marcos under the ConeFest Six. No biggy just letting you know.
Sure it's a big deal. Otherwise your ranking will not be correct. ;-)

It has been fixed now but it will not show in the ranking results until next ranking calculation Nov 30.
Thanks for fixing it. I KNOW that that Marcos Marcos Dude was just a poser anyway :)
As Luck would have it . . .