slalomranking.com
Ranking, Rules and Discussion for International Slalom Skateboard Ranking

Moderator: Hans Koraeus

Rick Floyd
Pink Floyd Skates
Pink Floyd Skates

Points Questions: Racing both Masters and Open

Post by Rick Floyd » Mon Jul 28, 2008 11:24 pm

I'm wondering how ISSA points are distributed. If you race Masters, for example - are you then ranked only in Masters in ISSA? I think we should have to make a class declaration at the beginning of the calendar year and stick with it. You would be allowed to move UP a division during the year (and lose your points), but not allowed to move down, or into an age-defined division you don't qualify for of course. That's how we do it in USASA snowboarding and it works great.

When Marty Schaub won a silver in Masters in Morro this year, then was allowed to race Open and got a bronze there - how are his points figured? Exactly...thus the need for declared divisions with no "crossover".
"All the money in the world can not buy sharing the excitement of life with other people. Nothing else matters."

- Jason Mitchell (Criddlezine Interview)

Marty Schaub
Old LaCosta Boy
Old LaCosta Boy

Just skate

Post by Marty Schaub » Tue Jul 29, 2008 3:12 am

I just went and had fun. F#@K the points.......
La Costa Boy For Life

Rick Floyd
Pink Floyd Skates
Pink Floyd Skates

Post by Rick Floyd » Tue Jul 29, 2008 3:33 pm

Marty - I hope you know I was just using that as an example to illustrate a point. Probably should have said "a racer" instead of a name...sorry. I'm just curious how that situation would be scored.

It was an insanely good time, and you deserved everything you got!!

Ride on.

-RF
"All the money in the world can not buy sharing the excitement of life with other people. Nothing else matters."

- Jason Mitchell (Criddlezine Interview)