[2005] Region East Atlantic: Europe

slalomranking.com
Ranking, Rules and Discussion for International Slalom Skateboard Ranking

Moderator: Hans Koraeus

Donald Campbell
Pavel
Pavel

Post by Donald Campbell » Thu Jan 27, 2005 5:18 pm

i think the creator of the world ranking system must be the evildoer...
corky is guilty too,give him enough rope.

and now we must face the fact that there are addicts out there who make their own checklist of races they will/won't attend,because of the existance of the world ranking system.
then there's folks out there who call their race "world" but don't want a higher stat than prime for the race.won't they also be disappointed when the addicted few decide not to show up,since the points they'll score don't put enough weight on their ranking?.

jadranko must also be such a naughty boy,when asking questions which answer themselves without even being asked.

enough jokes from my side,folks.

you can't create a ranking system and complain about riders who visit certain events and other events not,due to the nature of their status.
ramon is competitive and definitely shoots for big points,so his decisions on visiting a race or not look absolutely legit to me.
and he's not the only one thinking that way.

YOU created the system-so don't wonder or complain.

in all honesty from my side:going to a race which gives me the points i want(major/main) makes more sense than going to a prime race.
numerous other people think the same.
if i want to sess,i hook up with my friends,if i want to race,i want GOOD points and a race that counts BIG in my stats.

what other reason do most of the pro-racers have,when thy visit a race?

tell me more about your dreams and visions,corky-they don't reflect the real life.

sorry to say so,but that's the way it is.

didn't you invent the ranking system?
and now you are wondering?

Ramón Königshausen
Airflow - Skateboards
Airflow - Skateboards

Post by Ramón Königshausen » Thu Jan 27, 2005 6:26 pm

Ah, okay Detlef. I didn't know that it was your own decision.
I just heard that you are a professional event manager....so I thought it's gonna be a great contest anyway.

rmn
Feel the flow – Airflow Skateboards

Real skateboard wheels come in green – ABEC11

Enjoy the ride – GOG Slalom & DH Trucks

Jani Soderhall
ISSA President 2011-2024
ISSA President 2011-2024

Post by Jani Soderhall » Fri Jan 28, 2005 11:13 am

The primary decision to go to a race or not, is the race itself. That mustn't change.

For example here are some reason to go to:

Morro Bay - The title and honour and the prescence of many of the worlds best skaters.
Stockholm - The title of European Champion, good prize money and a new race site.
Hannover - Promising organization, new venue, good prize money.
etc

I don't think we have to be so concerned by the selection of some events carrying the Main status. In every race series, or whatever we do, there will always have to be a selection. The Olympics is the ultimate example. It's only every four years and only one city can host it. One single city in the whole world. How many years do we have to wait until that system has treated all countries and talented organizers equally?

No system can be perfect and take everything into account. The World Ranking is doing it one way, but there could have been other ways to do it.

One logical evolution of international cooperation and the ISSA is to collaborate on a World Cup Series, for example next year. Logically all events cannot be included. Some will, others won't. We'll have to work it out using some criteria. The following year that could change. Some events might be kept, others might not.

I think it is important that every race organizer creates as many good reasons as possible to participate in their race. The ranking status is just one.

/Jani

Hans Koraeus
Corky - World Ranking Master Mind

Post by Hans Koraeus » Fri Jan 28, 2005 7:02 pm

Donald,

My dreams and visions are in the World Ranking. Where are yours? Don't forget there are no perfect World Ranking System. Whatever ranking system we will come up with it will have flaws. It's in its nature. So don't be surprised to find any in the current one. No Nobel prize for that. By this I don't mean that you shouldn't complain. You all should. Good things tend to come out of it and it has since the start of the current system. Things have changed. Things will change in the future. But we must not be shortsighted and loose focus on the longterm goal.

I can take complaints so don't worry. I will always try to see what is behind the complaint and try to do what I can to deal with it. But dealing with it is not the same as always agreeing with it. I have to believe in what I'm doing and believe in the system. Either you convince me to believe in something else or you try to set up another system. If it's better and people like it better I will humbly kick the ball over to you. Until then I will continue because I believe strongly in a World Ranking and that it is good for our sport.

About Hannover, let's see what Ramon does. Money is as big a carrot as any World Ranking points. So are also winning competitions. And in front of big crowds, who would say no to that feeling. With Hannover in the middle of Europe I doubt people will not come because of time and money reason. I'm sitting up here in Stockholm and I would have every reason not to go beacuse of travel issues, but d'you know what? Expect to see me there.

P.S. What was this about me wondering? True, I do wonder a lot but I didn't get the point. Sorry.

Hans Koraeus

Post by Hans Koraeus » Fri Jan 28, 2005 7:05 pm

Ramon vs Donald: currently a tie at 129 posts. Who will be the winner at the end of the sesaon? :-)

Hans Koraeus

Post by Hans Koraeus » Mon Feb 28, 2005 12:46 am

Antibes is going for the last Main.
Riga is going for one of the Primes.

But there are two Prime statuses that no one have spoken for. Maybe the English will take both of them like last year. The month of August is an empty slot in the calendar where there are no events in Europe with one of the higher statuses.

With the 2 month advance rule for a Prime it means the earliest possible is May 1:st.

Jani Soderhall
ISSA President 2011-2024
ISSA President 2011-2024

Post by Jani Soderhall » Sun May 22, 2005 10:11 pm

Corky,

Can you post the current state of statuses for Europe, thanks.

I also miss some Swiss and French events in the European calendar:
I'll post them in the Calendar topic too.

Nom : Slalombrunch
Dates : 01 mai 2005
Lieu : Thalwil (près de Zürich, Suisse)
Organisateur : Airflow
Type : course (slalom)

Nom : Valberg
Dates : 28-29 mai 2005
Lieu : Valberg (près de Antibes, Alpes-Maritimes, France)
Organisateur : ALSSL
Type : course (DH)+course (slalom) (champ. de France)

Nom : Céuze
Dates : 20-21 août 2005
Lieu : Céuze (près de Gap, Hautes-Alpes, France)
Organisateur : William/Vars - Ludo/Gap
Type : course (DH)+course (slalom) (champ. de France)

Nom : Zürich Over 80 cones
Dates : 25 septembre 2005
Lieu : Zürich (Zürich, Suisse)
Organisateur : PSContest
Type : course (slalom)

/Jani

Vincent Berruchon
Vinzzzzz
Vinzzzzz

Post by Vincent Berruchon » Sun May 22, 2005 11:31 pm

Did you ever take in account the St Germain race (a Giant/Super G Slalom)

Nom : Freeride de St Germain
Dates : 18-19 juin 2005
Lieu : Saint Germain (près de Rennes, Ile-et-Vilaine, France)
Organisateur : Rennes Longskate
Type : FREERIDE+course (slalom)
Liens : http://renneslongskate.free.fr/Stgermain/

Hans Koraeus

Post by Hans Koraeus » Mon May 23, 2005 3:20 am

I'm only looking at the SlalomSkateboarder contest calendar and the calendar at NCDSA. If it's in there and I get hold of the results then it will show up in the World Ranking.

2 Primes still missing in Europe. Earliest proposal for a "Prime" Status is now (May 23) July 23.

Other events registered with 1 month or more in advance gets "Basic" status.

Events registered less than 1 month in advance gets "Plain" status.

Chris Favero
CHIxILL Master CFav
CHIxILL Master CFav

chi town shoot out

Post by Chris Favero » Mon May 23, 2005 6:08 am

corky,right at the deadline i am sub mitting the "CHit-Town Shootout"for prime status.we are working out some location details with the city of chicago ,but have not posted yet because of this.these are the u.s. midwest championships for amatuers.the date is 7/23/05 with a raun date od 7/24/05.the disciplines are tight and hybrid.this is the second year of the event,so please consider us for prime.we are also part of 66's series(grass roots ).
regards,cf
Freak Bros. Racing
www.chixillskateboards.com

Vincent Berruchon
Vinzzzzz
Vinzzzzz

French Races

Post by Vincent Berruchon » Mon May 23, 2005 1:59 pm

Chris this is the European subject here ;)

About french races:

St Germain is annouced for a long time, but it's a surprise that it isn't in the calendar
viewtopic.php?t=2524 (posted: 03/02/2005)

As French championship events, french races are scheduled since really long time and they're announced on the Riderz calendar as on other site (like http://www.longboarding.org/calendrier_view.php. )
Valberg and Ceuze are in the official FFRS calendar since the begining of the year (FFRS: our roller skating & skateboard federation including slalom).

They are national oriented races, so nobody feels the need to publish it on the calendar here, but some of the organizers already annouced that they are also ISSA races.
So perhaps it would have been better that these races have been announced here too, but they're officialy announced since long time for example on the Riderz.net site (among others) that is not more local than North California Downhill Skateboard Association Site.

- Valberg is not the first edition (but I don't since when they do it), it's a great race. The main French race after Paris and Antibes. Valberg is open only to racers that have a French federal licence.
- Ceuze will be the first edition, it's a new race.
- St Germain is opened to everybody. It's the second edition, last year was great. Ever a popular race as the day after is a freeride.

I'm amazed that organizers didn't contact you about statuses. I suppose they all deserve at least Basic status. St Germain would eventually deserve Prime but it's only one discipline.

Chris Favero
CHIxILL Master CFav
CHIxILL Master CFav

Post by Chris Favero » Mon May 23, 2005 3:33 pm

the mispalced post was not my fault,i have to blame on the french bordeux wine i was drinking...cf
Freak Bros. Racing
www.chixillskateboards.com

Hans Koraeus

Post by Hans Koraeus » Wed May 25, 2005 3:15 am

As I said Vincent, it doesn't matter how many places you post competition dates. It is the SlalomSkateboarder contest calendar and the calendar at NCDSA that counts. And of course the calendar at www.slalomranking.com .

About Valberg you say it is only for French skaters. Not good. :-] Competitions that are closed like that will not count in the World Ranking. Only competitions open to all nationalities counts. So to make it count in the World Ranking just leave it open and then you can always hope that nobody outside France shows up. It's only a basic status so it will not attract skaters from abroad. But if you would have had a higher status it might have had.

It is another thing and totally ok though that only a French can be the French Champion.

Heiko Schöller
Heiko
Heiko

AM to Pro

Post by Heiko Schöller » Fri Jun 10, 2005 3:26 pm

Hi Corky

what will happen to my points when I turn from AM to Pro? What races coint in this year???
Paris, Hannover AM, Grüningen and Stockholm Pro???

Best regards Heiko
WWW.CONCRETEWAVE.DE
100% Skateshop and no fucking fashion store. GOG homebase.
WWW.PAVEL-SKATES.COM
Pavel über alles
ASSA = Anti Skateboard Slalom Association

Hans Koraeus

Post by Hans Koraeus » Sat Jun 11, 2005 1:50 pm

Heiko,

It's not recommended to change from AM to PRO (or mix) during the season since you then divide your points into two different rankings. And resulting in that none of them becomes optimal. However it's still early on in the season and if you start running as PRO you could get in a full (8 disciplines) and maximized (1 Major and 3 Main status events) season. But then you have to enter Grüningen, Stockholm, Antibes and Morro Bay. If you can't go to Morro the next best is to go to the Prime event in Riga the weekend before Stockholm. If you intend to continue running Pro in the future it might be worth changing to pro as quickly as possible since the first seasons in the Pro World Ranking are tough for the pro-rookies.

Jani Soderhall
ISSA President 2011-2024
ISSA President 2011-2024

Post by Jani Soderhall » Wed Jun 15, 2005 10:59 pm

Corky,

Can you update the European event list this year with all the (known) events and their statuses. There seems to be open slots for Prime events. How should we handle that?

/Jani

Hans Koraeus

Post by Hans Koraeus » Thu Jun 16, 2005 3:46 am

A Prime should be proposed and decided 2 months before the event date. Earliest Prime possible for the moment is end of August.

Ramón Königshausen
Airflow - Skateboards
Airflow - Skateboards

Garage Race Hannover

Post by Ramón Königshausen » Sun Jun 19, 2005 11:17 pm

I've just seen, that they counted the "Garage Slalom" in Hannover into the Wolrd Ranking.

In my opinion it was just an alternative to let and get the racers to "do" something, and not to cout it in. They didn't even look at the push start rule.

Anyway, I'll get my my points somewhere else.

rmn

EDIT: My year of birth (in the racer's info) is 1988, Manuel Schaub's aswell.

2nd EDIT: Where can I send the whole info about me to?

Pierre Samray

Post by Pierre Samray » Mon Jun 20, 2005 11:21 pm

I see here Valberg can't be count for world ranking because it's a national race?
So why do you count all the races were you only have americans racers? Because they tell it's open race? So we have just to tell it's open to be count?
Valberg is a race were all the best french are present I can't understand you doesn't count it even as a basic????
So I can organize a small local competition and tell it's open to be count for world ranking and our official national race doesn't count??? How can the world ranking be true with this ? The fact to be one of the first country with an official championship is a dissavantage!!!!!! I can't believe it!!!! for me The futur of this sport is in a true International organisation who help new country to have their own development not to ignore it and the race they made.
In this case we just have to change our french rules (only for slalom) and tell our race are open to be count in the world ranking. Sealy but possible.

Ramón Königshausen
Airflow - Skateboards
Airflow - Skateboards

Post by Ramón Königshausen » Mon Jun 20, 2005 11:44 pm

Oh, Pierre is right!

If you even count our "Airflow Slalombrunch", you have to count the French Championship aswell!

go for it pierre!

"I wanna fight for my right, to get my beer tonight"

Brozovich, have you already listened to this song?

rmn

Vincent Berruchon
Vinzzzzz
Vinzzzzz

World Ranking of the neighbourhood???

Post by Vincent Berruchon » Tue Jun 21, 2005 12:37 am

Hans Koraeus wrote: About Valberg you say it is only for French skaters. Not good. :-] Competitions that are closed like that will not count in the World Ranking. Only competitions open to all nationalities counts. So to make it count in the World Ranking just leave it open and then you can always hope that nobody outside France shows up. It's only a basic status so it will not attract skaters from abroad. But if you would have had a higher status it might have had.

It is another thing and totally ok though that only a French can be the French Champion.
Ok,
I wanted to react before but didn't find time.

It seems that in fact french rules precise that for this kind of french races the FFRS licence is required.
Ok but what it means is that everybody is welcome but just need to have a licence.
This registration to the federation is valid for the season. The licence is about 25 or 27€ I think, not so expensive when you know that it includes an insurance that cover all the skateboard activities, during competions but also everyday ride (as long as you respect circulation rules, probably only in France for foreign skaters)
No need to be french to buy a licence. Even f you're not french you can even be officially be taken in account in the championship if you are living for more than one year in France.
So finally our races or not more closed than the invitational races your sometimes talkin' about and that for sure shouldn't be counted with your rules.

But I think that even if some races were totally closed to people only from one nationality but organized by a serious or official structure, it should be take in account!
Of course no need for an high status. It's national, it's not international,
Isn't it what try statuses to figure out???

I'll would be really a bad idea to reduce the interest of any national championship by refusing it counts (would change nothing for best racers, but could allow beginners and occasional riders to be part of the game)

It would also reduce a lot the interest of the World Ranking for me:

Do you want to establish the World Ranking of races "organized by a bunch of friends in the neighbourhood" or something that could also be linked with official structures when available?
[ www.pavel-skates.com ] [ www.riderz.net ]
"Dont care what the World say - I and I could a never go astray -Well wee gona have Things our Way" - Robert Nesta Marley

Pierre Samray

Post by Pierre Samray » Wed Jun 22, 2005 12:13 am

Exact Vincent.
If Luca or other has come in Valberg for sure they could race. But they just has had to pay the French licence required in France to race. It's an assurance in case of accident the organizer is covered by this way. So there is no reason to ignore this race.
In this case ignore Paris and Antibes which are World Cup ok but French Championship too.

For sure we make no specific international promotion for a national race as Valberg which are specially interesting for those who want to have the title of French Champion.
But note we annouce it several months before on this site anyway.

alavoine jean paul

Post by alavoine jean paul » Fri Jun 24, 2005 7:59 pm

Why don't we organize a French English Championships???

Just kidding guys!
jean paul aka POPOL:
"I was born yesterday...
but I stayed up all night!"

Ramón Königshausen
Airflow - Skateboards
Airflow - Skateboards

Post by Ramón Königshausen » Fri Jun 24, 2005 8:28 pm

You know what?

I'd love to organize a freeride with all the guys who slalom.

Always racing and competing? It's time to change (not completely but...).

Just to have a ride togther after or before a (WC) contest. Having (more) fun!
Being relaxed....and blabla

rmn

Daniel Poweleit

Post by Daniel Poweleit » Fri Jun 24, 2005 8:55 pm

So why don't you come to berlin?

We will have several freerides here.

alavoine jean paul

Post by alavoine jean paul » Fri Jun 24, 2005 9:01 pm

I've heard that some skaters were relax even during WCs, but I've also heard that they're always too busy talking to chicks to allow time for technical talks with their fellow competitors...

P.S.: Les lecteurs Francais de mes délires d'aujourd'hui auront remarqué la différence entre cheeks/chics à réviser avant le prochain contest...

CU all in Sweden!
jean paul aka POPOL:
"I was born yesterday...

Ramón Königshausen
Airflow - Skateboards
Airflow - Skateboards

Post by Ramón Königshausen » Fri Jun 24, 2005 9:39 pm

We have several freerides aswell. What I meant is after or before a WC...
anyway...let it be...

rmn

Hans Koraeus

Post by Hans Koraeus » Fri Jun 24, 2005 11:40 pm

All slalom events counts into the ranking as long as they are open to everyone and races corresponds to any of the standard disciplines.

It also helps to send in the results to mainsectionforresultapprovals2ndfloorbigdoorjustdownthecorridor@slalomranking.com

alavoine jean paul

Post by alavoine jean paul » Mon Jun 27, 2005 8:07 pm

alavoine jean paul wrote:I've heard that some skaters were relax even during WCs, but I've also heard that they're always too busy talking to chicks to allow time for technical talks with their fellow competitors...

P.S.: Les lecteurs Francais de mes délires d'aujourd'hui auront remarqué la différence entre cheeks/chicks à réviser avant le prochain contest...

CU all in Sweden!
jean paul aka POPOL:
"I was born yesterday...

Vincent Berruchon
Vinzzzzz
Vinzzzzz

Cow Boys Road - August 28, 2005 - St Gilles Croix de Vie,

Post by Vincent Berruchon » Fri Jul 29, 2005 3:21 pm

I want to announce a new event

Cow Boys Road 2005

Date/Time: August 28, 2005
Entry : Open
Format : Slalom Special and either Easy Downhill (perhaps Boarder Cross).
Region : Europe
Organizer: Ride West association (with ConeRacing.com) , Maximebaumard@aol.com
More Informations: http://riderz.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t ... highlight= and a website to come soon
You can also contact Vincent Berruchon
This will be a fun event next to the beach. It take place in a little festival with concert, BMX, street sk8 demos and more, capoeira ...
"Dont care what the World say - I and I could a never go astray -Well wee gona have Things our Way" - Robert Nesta Marley

Jani Soderhall
ISSA President 2011-2024
ISSA President 2011-2024

Remaining Primes in Europe?

Post by Jani Soderhall » Wed Sep 07, 2005 1:13 pm

Peter Klang, in the European races forum wrote:We are hoping for the last Prime status of the season (with our December 2005 race).
Peter,

I moved the discussion here so that others get a chance too. For example it is quite likely that there will be several more events in France before the end of the year (thinking of the Pirates Outlaw Series, Paris region).

But probably other countries (Switzerland, Germany, UK) deserve the prime status more than either Sweden or France. Maybe the 80 cone event in Switzerland deserves Prime status more than any other. It's been known for a long time and it's a repeat event. And it can't possibly rain yet again.

Corky,

Can you update us on the current distribution of statuses in Europe?

/Jani

Peter Klang
Klangster
Klangster

Post by Peter Klang » Wed Sep 07, 2005 3:44 pm

Hey, I’m not saying either is not worthy prime status, I’m simply putting out information regarding our plans, and at the same time ”asking” about the possibility of getting the last prime of the year. I DO NOT DEMAND NOR WILL WE BE DISSAPPIONTED IF SOMEONE ELSE GETS IT, but I will be upset if nobody gets it and we just lose a prime. Let’s discuss it here and give to somebody before the end of September.

Who´s in the running?

Let´s make a poll or just simply have ISSA make the discision.

PK

Jadranko Radovanovic

Post by Jadranko Radovanovic » Wed Sep 07, 2005 10:27 pm

We don't care about the status of the 80 cones contest.

It's more a presentation of the sport than a contest. There will be 300 000 people in the city during the day.
The contest goes about three rounds. in every round you have two run's. the best time count to come to the next round. in the last round there will be the best 4 skaters. and in every round you have more cones than before.

By the way Jani, can you bring the new naphte magazine to Antibes ? I would like to buy one.

/J-Rad

Donald Campbell
Pavel
Pavel

Post by Donald Campbell » Wed Sep 07, 2005 10:52 pm

that pirate stuff really rocks
damn good idea

Jani Soderhall
ISSA President 2011-2024
ISSA President 2011-2024

Post by Jani Soderhall » Thu Sep 08, 2005 11:56 am

Jadranko Radovanovic wrote:By the way Jani, can you bring the new naphte magazine to Antibes ? I would like to buy one.

/J-Rad
I will have a whole box of Naphte #2 with me to Antibes and will throw in a free copy of #1 to all customers.

/Jani

Jadranko Radovanovic

Post by Jadranko Radovanovic » Thu Sep 08, 2005 12:30 pm

Nice Jani,

We will be arround 30 skaters at the Contest in Zurich.

If we get the last prime status, perhaps Luca will enter the competition :-)

Klangster are you coming to Anitbes ? You are at the raider's list in Morro as well !!

I think they have now arround 50 rider's for the World's and the qualification is on a semi private road with no spectators. And the World's has no website nothing...

If you do well and you want to publish somthing in a Newspaper and the newspaper has nothing to check if the things you told them are correct... That's very bad !!!

We have to set a standard during the winter season for the big competitions...

/J-Rad

Peter Klang
Klangster
Klangster

Post by Peter Klang » Thu Sep 08, 2005 12:55 pm

Word J-Rad, I´m not going to Morro, nor to Antibes. I´m just not in very good shape, I suck to be exakt. I been surfing in Indo and not skatet. I do however have a plan for a race series in Stockholm all winter together with Macster.

I hate myself for missing Antibes again.
Pierre, I promise I´ll be there next year.

J-Rad and all other race promoters, Let’s have a open discussion about the race schedule for 2005.

Cheers
PK

Sven Lippert

Post by Sven Lippert » Thu Sep 08, 2005 3:32 pm

hey peter,

why do you hate yourself for that ?? whats a weekend between cones compared to a good surftrip with some buddies to indo - where have you been ? ... good swell ???

cheers
svenne

Peter Klang
Klangster
Klangster

Post by Peter Klang » Thu Sep 08, 2005 5:19 pm

Like allways on long trips, you get ups and downs in the swell, but Indo is Indo and Indo is NEVER flat.

My two boys can paddle out and cath waves on there own now, thats a better feeling then cathing one myself... maybe not but damn close. :-)

Belangan and Ulu suits me, Padang didn´t break the last two weeks of our trip. Padang is not a place I paddle out in the beginning of a trip. All was great and now I just want to get back on board and start speed wobbling.

Cheers
PK

Hans Koraeus

Post by Hans Koraeus » Thu Sep 08, 2005 11:55 pm

I have just updated the first post with the current situation. Actually there are 2 Prime statuses that have not been used in the European region. It's quite clear that we are far away from adding more high statuses to the ranking system when we can't even fill the ones we got.

The early hope was that England would manage to get use of them. Now the only candidate is Klang's and Marcus proposal. With the 2 month rule for announcing a Prime event the 80 cone event September 25 is not even close to that limit. But even though right now the only proposal is from Klang and Marcus there is a need for more information about the event to be able to adorse such a status or not.

For a December 10 event it needs to be decided before October 10. Let's have some more info. And that goes for others with possible plans for November and December.

Peter Klang
Klangster
Klangster

Post by Peter Klang » Fri Sep 09, 2005 9:36 am

Come on Corky, 80 cones was posted months ago.

I also think Paris is in the running.

PK

Vincent Berruchon
Vinzzzzz
Vinzzzzz

Post by Vincent Berruchon » Fri Sep 09, 2005 11:37 am

Peter Klang wrote:Come on Corky, 80 cones was posted months ago.

I also think Paris is in the running.

PK
We'll try to do some race each months now, but the aim wasn't to do a important race but "outlaw" local fun race...
but I know that the biggest skate park in Europe in Vitry (near suburb) could be interested to host an event... but I can't do anything to work out on that for the next two weeks
and I've undesrstood that France and Paris ever host some others races, so it would be better somewhere else... (our central europe geographical situation and easy acces perhaps low this problem but )

Hans Koraeus

Post by Hans Koraeus » Fri Sep 09, 2005 12:21 pm

Peter Klang wrote:Come on Corky, 80 cones was posted months ago.
To get a Basic status it's enough to just post the event 1 month ahead.

To get the higher statuses Prime, Main and Major it isn't enough to just post the event 2, 3 or 4 months ahead. The status have also to be confirmed/decided before that. Just because you post an event 4 month ahead doesn't mean it's a Major Status for example.

The status is much up to the organizer to push for. In the example of "80 cones" it was never meant to be a high status as Jadranko has explained.

About spreading out the statuses
Sure it's a good idea to spread out the higher statuses geographically and that is what we all try to do. But in the end that is only an option when there are multiple events aiming for high statuses. If there are only one organizer wanting a Prime status the geographical question is no longer valid. Then it's only a question of if the event is worth that status. It should be planned as a serious event. Not as an outlaw or a gathering of nearby friends.

Now read again what Corky wrote:Now the only candidate is Klang's and Marcus proposal. With the 2 month rule for announcing a Prime event the 80 cone event September 25 is not even close to that limit. But even though right now the only proposal is from Klang and Marcus there is a need for more information about the event to be able to adorse such a status or not.

For a December 10 event it needs to be decided before October 10. Let's have some more info. And that goes for others with possible plans for November and December.

Vincent Berruchon
Vinzzzzz
Vinzzzzz

Post by Vincent Berruchon » Fri Sep 09, 2005 12:35 pm

Hans Koraeus wrote:Not as an outlaw or a gathering of nearby friends.
Of course I we could do something in the RollerParc skatepark, it would be no more outlaw and serious! But the problem is time, and now I've to go!

Hans Koraeus

Post by Hans Koraeus » Mon Oct 10, 2005 6:57 pm

Ok, the time is running out. No other candidate than Stockholm for the two Prime statuses that Europe has left. And no protests either. So then it's settled. Stockholm get Prime status. There is still one left but it looks like Stockholm will be the last race of the year with a respectable status. A last chance for you who have not competed enough this year.

Europe: Statuses 2005

More info about the competition: Stockholm Winter Clash 2005

Jani Soderhall
ISSA President 2011-2024
ISSA President 2011-2024

Post by Jani Soderhall » Tue Oct 11, 2005 9:02 am

A Prime should be proposed and decided 2 months before the event date.
So, you mean there is still a chance for Paris to grab the other?
Our third outlaw event could be on Dec 17-18. How about that?
(The second is on November 6, which is too late according the two month rule).

Hmm, would anybody come and skate one week before Christmas?

/Jani

Hans Koraeus

Post by Hans Koraeus » Tue Oct 11, 2005 11:37 pm

Why not. Who would not need some Christmas shopping in Paris just before the big day. Are you planning something indoor? Or maybe a race in SantaClaus outfits on Trocadero. :-D

Let's get some official info out that you want a Prime and what your plans are.

Hans Koraeus

Post by Hans Koraeus » Tue Oct 11, 2005 11:40 pm

It just hit me looking at my avatar that I have red and white shoes, a red and white board, white wheels and a red helmet. I have half the outfit already... :-D

Donald Campbell
Pavel
Pavel

Post by Donald Campbell » Tue Oct 11, 2005 11:58 pm

yes we want to skate before x-mas

Claude Regnier
Claude Regnier
Claude Regnier

Colors

Post by Claude Regnier » Wed Oct 12, 2005 1:43 am

but, but, but, your not Canadian, EH?

Have a good one guys. Donald Good Luck with the event. I like everything except the dates ( that's only because of my sk8camps) but I will be there anyways.
Many Happy Pumps!