slalomranking.com
Ranking, Rules and Discussion for International Slalom Skateboard Ranking

Moderator: Hans Koraeus

Hans Koraeus
Corky - World Ranking Master Mind

[2006] Region West Atlantic: Canada

Post by Hans Koraeus » Sat Mar 13, 2004 1:48 am

Canadians have 2 high status competitions to select for each season.
1 Main
1 Prime

This topic is aimed for Canadians to discuss statuses for the competitions in their region.

Note! All competitions count into the world ranking though. All competitions apart from the selected above will get the status "Basic". There is no limit for this status but it should still be considered only for serious competitions. With the "Basic" status the competition can’t have a separate Pro class. Its highest class will be the Open class.
Last edited by Hans Koraeus on Mon Nov 13, 2006 3:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

Hans Koraeus

Post by Hans Koraeus » Thu Sep 23, 2004 1:33 am

Canada event statuses 2004

Unless I don't get hold of any more information these are the only Canadian events that will get included in the world ranking for 2004. My intention is to have an updated ranking before the World Championships in Morro Bay.

[Prime] First Annual Dovercourt Open [Slalom] July 1 Dovercourt (Ottawa) Canada: Claude Regnier

Hans Koraeus

Post by Hans Koraeus » Mon Feb 28, 2005 2:25 am

Canada event statuses 2005

[Main]
[Prime]

2nd Annual Dovercourt Open, July 1-2, Ottawa, Canada (Prime last year)

The only Canadian slalom competition I know this year. With the new Time Advance rule the status for a Main status must be set 3 months before the event. For Dovercourt that will be before April 1. If you think it is only a Prime status you can just as well decide and set it know.

Hans Koraeus

Post by Hans Koraeus » Tue Jan 24, 2006 1:25 am

What will it be? I will set Prime status on Dovercourt Open for now like last year. Is that ok?

Claude Regnier
Claude Regnier
Claude Regnier

3rd Annual Dovercourt Open - Canadian Championships

Post by Claude Regnier » Tue Jan 24, 2006 1:32 am

3rd year and gainning support! I think we should get moved up to Main status this year and allow someone else to take charge and run a Prime race, Corky!

We are hoping to have other events scheduled this year in both Montreal and Quebec City.

There should also be a couple of small events happening in Calgary, Vancouver and hopefully the Toronto area.

Innitially I thought Okay but since it will also be a Canadian National Champioship the extra clout would be welcome for drawing a larger US Field since the European Championship announced their date after ours at the same time.
Many Happy Pumps!

Mike Cividino

Re: 3rd Annual Dovercourt Open - Canadian Championships

Post by Mike Cividino » Tue Jan 24, 2006 4:17 am

Claude Regnier wrote:3rd year and gainning support! I think we should get moved up to Main status this year and allow someone else to take charge and run a Prime race, Corky!

We are hoping to have other events scheduled this year in both Montreal and Quebec City.

There should also be a couple of small events happening in Calgary, Vancouver and hopefully the Toronto area.

Innitially I thought Okay but since it will also be a Canadian National Champioship the extra clout would be welcome for drawing a larger US Field since the European Championship announced their date after ours at the same time.
yes, this race should certainly be a main, and because Canada is entitled to one we can basically just decide for ourselves. I second it, im sure not a single canadian will object(and were the only ones that count in that decision). Im sure we will use all of our statuses this coming year.

Joe Iacovelli

Post by Joe Iacovelli » Tue Jan 24, 2006 5:09 am

My vote doesn't count.

But I vote MAIN.

Canada day in the Capitol is classic.

joe

Marty Schaub
Old LaCosta Boy
Old LaCosta Boy

Joe???

Post by Marty Schaub » Tue Jan 24, 2006 12:54 pm

Joe's just in it for the women, beer and practical jokes.

Joe I hear that Canadian women just love green martini pants.
La Costa Boy For Life

Hans Koraeus

Post by Hans Koraeus » Tue Jan 24, 2006 1:36 pm

Ok, Dovercourt Open will have Main status for 2006.

You have a Prime status to use as well. Get back as soon as you know what event you want to select for that one.

Mike Cividino

Post by Mike Cividino » Sun Apr 23, 2006 4:21 am

Not sure of their wishes but the Montreal crew is throwing a race the same weekend as Top Challenge sept 4th. Looks like serious prize money. Should be worthy of Prime status, any thoughts?

Joe Iacovelli

Post by Joe Iacovelli » Sun Apr 23, 2006 5:17 am

The Quebec crew has a potential to race on the Grand Allee in Quebec City. That would be another contender for Prime.

Malcolm Stooke

Post by Malcolm Stooke » Fri Nov 03, 2006 12:29 am

we did a race in vancouver this summer

here are the results. email me at malcolmstooke @ hotmail . com (spaces removed) for the results in a different format

Corey Moy- 33.755 (USA)
James Peters- 37.705 (USA)
Malcolm Stooke- 38.806 (CAN)
Hayato Tanaka- 41.042 (CAN)
Brian Elderkin- 41.651 (CAN)
Tim Eney- 42.069 (USA)
Ted- 42.505 (CAN)
tom shute- 44.042 (CAN)
Kevin Olson- 44.084 (CAN)
Mike Bennyworth- 48.319 (CAN)
Tennorman doug- 49.519 (CAN)
Jeremy- 53.682 (CAN)
matt shaw- 54.363 (CAN)

we used jeff bonnys trackmate timer and did best 2 out of 5 runs. most participants were vancouver locals except for the three from the usa and mike bennyworth of victoria