Loose-ball bearings/wheels?

Slalom Skateboard Bearings

Moderator: W. Kilner

Nino Perkins

Loose-ball bearings/wheels?

Post by Nino Perkins » Fri Oct 06, 2006 10:12 pm

Hey guys, I recently bought a set of gel wheels with loose-ball bearing cases in them, and some bearings. What im trying to figure out is, how do i get them onto my carve board? Also, if theres anything else i need to put them on besides what i already have. I was lead to believe that what ihave is all id need to get the wheels on my board, but that doesnt seem to be the case.

Paul Howard

Loose ball bearings

Post by Paul Howard » Sat Oct 14, 2006 4:24 am

Nino, Best thing I can suggest is to obtain an old complete wheel/bearing/cone/axle/hanger/nut assembly and make sure you have all those EXACT same kind of parts. Otherwise with out the cones on the axles and the double-nut system with a washer between the nuts, you will likely have a hard time getting the wheels adjusted right(not too loose, not too tight, etc).

It's basically the same system as what is/was in bicycle wheel that use/used loose ball bearings but smaller. A roller skate dealer or roller-rink that deals in quad skates possibly might be able to help you out but a lot of roller skate wheels that used loose ball bearings used a slightly smaller axle and bearing, but some of them were exactly the same. You migtht want to look up some roller skate websites for parts.

It will soon become apparent why everyone went to precision bearings. As a maker of reproduction prehistoric bows and arrows from around the world(These are hunting quality real bows and arrows I hunt with), I applaud your efforts. Good Luck. Adios-Paul
I just dig slalom!