Thanks to all who raced in Antrim!

Slalom Skateboarding in New England U.S.A.

Moderators: Jonathan Harms, Ron Barbagallo, Lynn Kramer, Maria Carrasco, Russel Cantor, Karl Floitgraf

Brian Beihl

Thanks to all who raced in Antrim!

Post by Brian Beihl » Mon Sep 18, 2006 2:07 am

On behalf of the town of Antrim and the Antrim Chamber of Commerce, a hearty THANK YOU for coming to the Race for the Old Gold Jug! I had a hard time cleaning up the course today because so many people stopped and told me how great the event was, and would we please do it again, and will you please tell them thank you and . . and . . .

My thanks to Joe I for all the work and advice he put into the race, all the skaters, spouses and kids who helped with the clinic and the race, and Wentzle, who helped us get the local kids involved in the race and helped us draw a great crowd.

I also need to thank our sponsors, Chill Custom Designs, Sk8Kings, Fatboy Longboards, Kihro, Concrete Wave, Skaterbuilt, North East Cabana, and Camp Woodward for supporting us in our first year.

It was a great weekend!

My warm wishes to all, and we hope to see you next year!

Brian Beihl
Antrim Chamber of Commerce
Antrim Home & Harvest Festival
Antrim, NH 03440-00026
www.slalomskateboard.com

Miguel Marco

Post by Miguel Marco » Tue Sep 19, 2006 6:15 pm

It's we, the racers, who should thank you and the town of Antrim for making us feel so welcomed in your community. And thank you again and Joe I for organizing this fantastic event! Thanks also to Glen Chapman for the great courses.

Antrim definitly deserves the support of all the slalom community. Please Brian, make this an annual event. That's another one I plan on going until I can't skate no more (The Farm being the other one).

And I would like to add: Derek is the styliest skater alive!

Miguel Marco

Post by Miguel Marco » Tue Sep 19, 2006 8:01 pm

Ooops! I forgot, I also wanted to thank John Gilmour for his commentary. With out him it wouldn't have been the same. He kept the crowd interested and the racers smiling.

Brian Beihl

Press from Antrim Race

Post by Brian Beihl » Tue Sep 19, 2006 9:58 pm

Greetings:

A story by Matt Casey of the Contoocook Valley Villager / NH Public Radio ran last night during NHPR's All Things Considered broadcast. I've put an MP3 on our site. Very positive piece that made the skaters, the ACC and the town look great!

http://www.antrimcc.com/HomeandHarvestF ... erage.html

Wentzle's interview with Keene Sentinel is scanned an is on the same page.

Brian Beihl
Antrim Chamber of Commerce
Antrim, NH 03440-00026
www.slalomskateboard.com

Adam Daniels
Adam Daniels
Adam Daniels

Post by Adam Daniels » Tue Sep 19, 2006 11:51 pm

best mp3 i have heard.......period

thank you again Brian, Joe, and Glen
No vestido para mi

Rick Floyd
Pink Floyd Skates
Pink Floyd Skates

Post by Rick Floyd » Sat Sep 08, 2007 9:43 pm

It's 2007...Come one, come all!!

http://www.antrimcc.com/skateboard/
"All the money in the world can not buy sharing the excitement of life with other people. Nothing else matters."

- Jason Mitchell (Criddlezine Interview)

Bernie Schroeder

Post by Bernie Schroeder » Wed Sep 24, 2008 3:40 am

Brian, picking up on Mig's thought train, we are the thankful!

The town of Antrim went far above and beyond what any of us expected I suspect. More than having a choice of accommodations (mostly free), the home made meals, the parade, the fireworks, the local cone heads and the attention to a million other details -- it was the hospitality and friendliness of the locals that made the weekend so special. Smiles, greetings and good wishes came from everyone no matter where we went. You live in a wonderful town and everyone there should feel proud of themselves for putting on such a world-class event.

Added to all that, the hill was amazing, the course set-ups imaginative (thank you Glen), the timing impeccable (thanks Krispy Hill) and the Brotherhood of the Cones warm and supportive all weekend long. What date should I set aside for next year's race? ;)

Thanks again for everything Brian!
"You buy the ticket, you take the ride."
Hunter S. Thompson

Brian Beihl

Thanks for the Comments

Post by Brian Beihl » Wed Oct 01, 2008 1:16 pm

Hi, Bernie:

Home & Harvest committee is meeting next Monday for a post-event meeting and to set the date for next year. Will post the date ASAP. Thanks for your kind words. For me, I'm glad to see it come -- and go! Zzzzzz.

Brian
Antrim, NH 03440-00026
www.slalomskateboard.com