The Arboretum!

Slalom Skateboarding in New England U.S.A.

Moderators: Jonathan Harms, Ron Barbagallo, Lynn Kramer, Maria Carrasco, Russel Cantor, Karl Floitgraf

Karl Floitgraf
Slalomspot.com
Slalomspot.com

The Arboretum!

Post by Karl Floitgraf » Tue Jul 26, 2005 7:04 am

Check Out this video http://www.slalomspot.com/video/2005/Arboretum.mov.zip

I hope that will get some more guys stoked to hit this place up, hopefully before Da Farm.
BOSTON BAKED BEAN
HONORARY TEXAS OUTLAW

Jim Siener
B.A.S.S.
B.A.S.S.

Post by Jim Siener » Tue Jul 26, 2005 3:28 pm

You rock guys!

Paul Pellerin

The Arboretum!

Post by Paul Pellerin » Wed Jul 27, 2005 12:12 am

Karl & Bryan,

I agree with Jim. You guys just keep getting faster each time I see you. Nice. The hill and asphalt look great. Is the hill's location easy to get to coming from the North? I really need to have an intense practice session before the Farm. I have lots of new slalom euipment to try out and dial in.

I just picked up a used Roe Unlimited (Foam Core) for hybrid. Also, I'm receiving two GS boards to try out. One is an Ick Stick - Retro Flattie 34" and the other a Roe - Bonita (Foam Core) 36". Both used, but mint condition with less than a couple hours of riding.
Finally, new trucks and many, many Avalon's.

If the G/S boards arrive on Friday I'd love to practice on Sat.; otherwise, Sunday.

Let me know about the day and time so I can make arrangements. Also, instructions would be nice.

Thank you.

Paul

Karl Floitgraf
Slalomspot.com
Slalomspot.com

Post by Karl Floitgraf » Wed Jul 27, 2005 12:17 am

Saturday and Sunday Evenings are always good. You guys need to tell me how late you want to skate due to your drive home, because on a hot day we like to start skating at 6 until it gets dark. It's nice and cool.
BOSTON BAKED BEAN
HONORARY TEXAS OUTLAW

Jonathan Harms
JBH - ISSA Treasurer
JBH - ISSA Treasurer

Post by Jonathan Harms » Thu Jul 28, 2005 4:51 pm

Karl, nice video. You and Bryan are looking good.

Now, I realize I've never met you, Karl, but I have met Bryan. So, in light of what I saw in this video, plus a video you posted a few months back in which a certain rodent-nicknamed skater eats a big pile of shit on (I think?) one of those same hills, I feel somewhat justified in saying...KEEP YOUR FRICKIN' HELMETS ON! Sheeez, kids nowadays. :-)

Derek Smith

Post by Derek Smith » Thu Jul 28, 2005 5:40 pm

Glenn and I are going to skate today on the North Shore if anyone's interested. We're going to try to hit a steeper hill than Magnolia or the Arboretum, location to be determined. Call if interested, (978) 317-0165

Eric Brammer

Sunday, the 11th

Post by Eric Brammer » Fri Jun 09, 2006 3:59 pm

Karl, what's the weather like your way for Sunday?! The wife wants to know whether I'm spending our Anniversary Sk8ing with the beantown crew, or...:-) So, CALL ME!
If we come down, btw, we'll have extra toys for sale/trade, including the AP trucks for you.
I hope it dries out Sometime, meanwhile I'll just kick back and listen to CCR's 'who'll stop the rain', again. ;-)
"Surfin' these Old Hills since back in The Day"

Karl Floitgraf
Slalomspot.com
Slalomspot.com

Post by Karl Floitgraf » Fri Jun 09, 2006 6:23 pm

2PM Arboretum this Sunday. We'll be meeting in Needham at 1:30 at my house if you don't want to find the Arb yourself. Shoot me an email for more info.

I'm leaving monday for two months to europe so it should be a good one!
BOSTON BAKED BEAN
HONORARY TEXAS OUTLAW

Nick Chamberlain

Post by Nick Chamberlain » Sat Jun 10, 2006 4:58 pm

Ill definatly be there this sunday, weather looks like it might be a problem though