Ma, NH, training days.

Slalom Skateboarding in New England U.S.A.

Moderators: Jonathan Harms, Ron Barbagallo, Lynn Kramer, Maria Carrasco, Russel Cantor, Karl Floitgraf

Lisa Woodward

CT

Post by Lisa Woodward » Fri Jun 11, 2004 11:10 pm

TK and all, we are up for a CT get together. Just lets us know. If you have a spot great! if not theres always our street! skate with ya all then.

Jim Siener
B.A.S.S.
B.A.S.S.

Post by Jim Siener » Fri Jun 11, 2004 11:12 pm

God, I'd love to skate this weekend but I am digging out of the unexpected mess of unpacking my condo after having to cancel my move to a house I was suppose to buy last weekend. All I can say is that some sellers really suck when they lie to you. I'm ready for some cones to take my mind off this crap when I find out which box I packed my skateboard in.

Derek Smith

Post by Derek Smith » Mon Jun 14, 2004 8:41 pm

``
Last edited by Derek Smith on Mon Aug 13, 2018 8:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Glenn Chapman

Post by Glenn Chapman » Tue Jun 15, 2004 3:03 pm

Derek set a great course on Sunday. Ben, Millie Derek and my self rode for about 2 hours it was a great way to finish up a nice weekend. Derek is looking very fast and he is improving every time I skate with him. Ben just got his trucks tuned by TK and was ripping it up. Millie is getting good, she has been pushing herself every run. Derek and I will be riding Wednesday at lunch 12-1:30, get over here if you can! TK are you going to be able to come down?

Derek Smith

Post by Derek Smith » Tue Jun 15, 2004 9:06 pm

``
Last edited by Derek Smith on Mon Aug 13, 2018 8:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Matthew Wilson

hey

Post by Matthew Wilson » Tue Jun 15, 2004 9:10 pm

Why don't you guys just rub it in a little more!!

No, but seriously, have an awesome time tomorrow. I wish I could be there. Being the new guy at work, they like it when I volunteer to work more hours, but are not thrilled when I ask for time off. Gotta pay my dues, I guess.

I can hear your wheels rolling now!! Ahhhhh.......
slalom is good

Elisa Campbell

Post by Elisa Campbell » Fri Jun 18, 2004 10:16 pm

Hey, Us girls are looking to head up to magnolia and do some skating this saturday, anyone else up for it? time?
Elisa

Matthew Wilson

shucks

Post by Matthew Wilson » Fri Jun 18, 2004 10:30 pm

Can't make it this weekend. I have family in town. I am going to try and get out in the early morn if I can and it's not wet.

Have a good time. Though, I really think that the ground is going to be a bit wet for skating. But who knows?

Can't wait to skate with you all again soon. CT girls, we need to head down your way sometime soon.
slalom is good

Terry Kirby
Team RoeRacing
Team RoeRacing

Post by Terry Kirby » Sat Jun 19, 2004 2:54 am

Sweety Pies, I will be there with family to set up courses and ride some tightness. What time ?

Elisa Campbell

Post by Elisa Campbell » Sat Jun 19, 2004 3:34 am

We're up for that tightness any time you are, the earlier the better.
Elisa

Glenn Chapman

Post by Glenn Chapman » Sat Jun 19, 2004 3:48 am

I would like to skate but will not be able to get there untill 3:00. I will try and get there earlier if possible. Ben and Millie are also interested in skating. Hope to see you all tomorrow.

Lisa Woodward

Practice

Post by Lisa Woodward » Sun Jun 20, 2004 1:44 pm

TK and John G. you set a challanging course on a great hill and spent the time tweaking our setups. Even when I say "I can't" you say "you can". I'm always amazed at the end of the day to see the improvement from the first run to the last! You know we would not push ourselves on our own. Thanks for the support!!

John Gilmour
Team Roe Racing
Team Roe Racing

Post by John Gilmour » Sun Jun 20, 2004 8:28 pm

Slalom is just an excuse to hang out with you ladies. TK and I just wager on who will beat who.

We hung out at the Chapmans...nice place, truly sparkling clean hottub- and the BEST SCALLOPS you will ever ever find. Apparently the recipe is guarded.

Cat racing will resume next week- course starts at mid hill- and first team around the braking circle wins.

My vote is for skating at 3pm- beach prior.
One good turn deserves another
john gilmour

Terry Kirby
Team RoeRacing
Team RoeRacing

Post by Terry Kirby » Mon Jun 21, 2004 3:07 am

Fun time for sure. JG is back on a board and ripping. Lisa ,Elisa, and Katie are pushing the faster courses which is good. Always try to ride faster ,harder courses than you find at races. Ben ,Bryan, Derek, Matt, Karl, Millie and everyone else we missed you.
JG Post up the vid.
Glen, thanks for the hot tub and beer. Lori thanks for letting my dog in your house and on your lap.

John Gilmour
Team Roe Racing
Team Roe Racing

Post by John Gilmour » Mon Jun 21, 2004 3:31 am

ripping?

Hardly- just skating with one leg- god forbid I would have to run out a skid.

I think we should make some sort of post card to post locations of regular set courses- and attach them to long boards at local shops.

Magnolia is a fun hassle free site- more people should check it out....also the slope is not too intimidating so everyone should feel comfortable riding there.

TK- remember for your first day?...I dragged you to the Arboretum-right? That was the only other spot I could ride at other than the very flat Memorial drive.
john gilmour

Terry Kirby
Team RoeRacing
Team RoeRacing

Post by Terry Kirby » Mon Jun 21, 2004 3:36 am

Don't remind me. That was painful. Actually the first time you told me to meet you on Memorial drive and you never showed so I drove around for an hour then went home. Its a good thing I had perseverance.

Your install services are needed in Maine if you want the work.

Matthew Wilson

good times

Post by Matthew Wilson » Mon Jun 21, 2004 2:39 pm

Well, I missed the good times this weekend. Bummer.
But it sounds like everyone had a fantastic time. Great to hear it.

So, JG, you're back up and going, huh? Gonna be ready for da Farm? ;-)

I did some flatland (Cyber Slalom style) yesterday. I'll tell you, I should NEVER have purchase a Comet Race Narrow as my first slalom deck. I am learning to pump effectively so much more quickly on my new Crossfire.

Anyway, once agai, I am not available next week. I have yete another family obligation. I'm getting a bit tired of it and would really like to be skating instead. But you gotta do what you gotta do I guess.

Talk to you all soon.
slalom is good

Derek Smith

Post by Derek Smith » Mon Jun 21, 2004 3:39 pm

Can't a man go away for the weekend and not miss anything? Wish I could have been there guys, sounds like it was a great time. Caught some decent waist high surf and skated the Wellfleet skatepark. There was however no hot tub at my camp site nor was Glenn serving up scallops. Hopefully next weekend will be a go. I'm booked on Saturday afternoon but free otherwise. Wednesday afternoon???!!!!

John Gilmour
Team Roe Racing
Team Roe Racing

Post by John Gilmour » Tue Jun 22, 2004 3:08 am

Derek did you skate with WRIV for the Chronicle TV show?
john gilmour

Derek Smith

Post by Derek Smith » Tue Jun 22, 2004 3:22 pm

Unfortunately not. I called to skate with him on Sunday AM, but he was busy. I probably could have made it later in the afternoon on Monday, but he said they wanted to start at noon. I think Terry Whalen was there.

Lisa Woodward

Sunday

Post by Lisa Woodward » Thu Jun 24, 2004 11:03 pm

I would like to practice on Sunday, anyone available? A few more practices like last weekend will set me up just fine.

Joe Iacovelli

Post by Joe Iacovelli » Thu Jun 24, 2004 11:44 pm

I'm in for splitting the ride. Can we go early? Just me, Nick is out West.

Joe

Derek Smith

Post by Derek Smith » Fri Jun 25, 2004 3:27 pm

I'm in on Sunday, let me know what time you guys will be arriving.

Ben Chapman

Post by Ben Chapman » Fri Jun 25, 2004 7:09 pm

i think we can come

Glenn Chapman

Post by Glenn Chapman » Sat Jun 26, 2004 9:35 pm

Has anyone picked a time? I can be there any time on Sunday.

Lisa Woodward

Practice

Post by Lisa Woodward » Sat Jun 26, 2004 11:32 pm

Glenn, I really wanted to skate on sunday, but something has come up. Have a great skate day, I will catch up with you all next time.

Joe Iacovelli

Post by Joe Iacovelli » Sun Jun 27, 2004 12:23 am

Lisa was my ride. o I can't make it either (thanks for the call Derek).

But, we have a good reason. Lisa is being Limoed into the city for Today spot. Look for her with Katie Couric on Monday. Really.

John Gilmour
Team Roe Racing
Team Roe Racing

pre farm warmup- coaching for b- and c class racers + newbie

Post by John Gilmour » Sat Jul 31, 2004 9:45 pm

10 am Sunday August 1st.
Pre-farm 4.0 warmup for b and c group racers.

Clinic will focus on pumping skills- different types of courses, and course strategies- as well as matching gear to courses.

Confirmed attendees
Cheri Schroeder -womens class- Vermont
Paul Pellerin http://freak-designs.com/cherryhill/ch_ ... _pellerin/ mens novice- Maine
Paul will be coming with several other teen family members to learn to slalom.
Weasel- boys class- Massachusetts
Matt Delminico boys class novice- Massachusetts

We will meet at Olin College in the upper parking lot. This is the first place we will skate. We do not have permission to do so- but it has never been a problem so far. Should that be a bust- there is always a second site.

Our secondary site is a 5 minute drive from there. http://www.greenspacealliance.org/MillPark.htm

more shots

viewtopic.php?t=1921

Boston's newest- and newly paved park. No motor cars are allowed- parking is nearby.

rain is forecast for later in the day- but likely we will be able to skate for quite a while temps in the morning in the 70's

Anyone who wants to join should come along!
john gilmour

Henry Julier
Ick Sticks
Ick Sticks

practice

Post by Henry Julier » Sat Jul 31, 2004 11:34 pm

John, got your email about Sunday. I am at home and have no way of getting up to boston on such short notice. I don't go online much anymore, and both cars are gone. So, bummer, but I will see everyone at Da Farm.

H

Derek Smith

The Farm

Post by Derek Smith » Tue Aug 10, 2004 1:37 am

Unbelievable time at the Farm guys, so proud of New England. Hot Tub Henry is my new favorite racer. Gloucester Maddogs will dominate next year.

Ben Chapman

Post by Ben Chapman » Tue Aug 10, 2004 2:57 am

lol magnolia mad dogs. so are we riding this weekend? anyone?

Henry Julier
Ick Sticks
Ick Sticks

this weekend

Post by Henry Julier » Tue Aug 10, 2004 1:35 pm

i can probably make a magnolia session.. shall we?

Derek Smith

Post by Derek Smith » Tue Aug 10, 2004 3:14 pm

Unfortunately I have a wedding to go to this weekend and won't be able to make Magnolia. Stupid wedding.

Glenn Chapman

Training day this weekend 8/14 or 8/15

Post by Glenn Chapman » Tue Aug 10, 2004 9:52 pm

Ben, Millie and I would like to skate some this weekend. We can do Saturday afternoon or Sunday. Anybody else interested?

Karl Floitgraf
Slalomspot.com
Slalomspot.com

Post by Karl Floitgraf » Wed Aug 11, 2004 4:01 am

I'd love too, but I have no way to get up there.
BOSTON BAKED BEAN
HONORARY TEXAS OUTLAW

Henry Julier
Ick Sticks
Ick Sticks

weekend

Post by Henry Julier » Wed Aug 11, 2004 4:16 am

Karl, If I can come up this weekend (Saturday would be the best guys) I can drive through boston and get you. or, you can take the t to a station along the way and I can get you. Talk to me online about it... but only when we have set a day for a session.

H

Matthew Wilson

Saturday

Post by Matthew Wilson » Wed Aug 11, 2004 5:36 am

I think I can do Saturday. Let's do it. We all need the practice. Those Colorado guys are kicking our butts. Next year, we're ALL qualifying.
slalom is good

Paul Pellerin

MA, NH Training Days

Post by Paul Pellerin » Wed Aug 11, 2004 8:44 am

I would like to skate this weekend. Just started slalom again after 25 years. John Gilmour trained me on the basics last week in Boston. What a blast!!

I just ordered a board etc... not sure if all the parts will be in before the weekend. Perhaps, I can use someone's old board. I just need to practice.

I will need directions from Portland, ME.

Best Regards.

Matthew Wilson

25 years

Post by Matthew Wilson » Wed Aug 11, 2004 2:32 pm

Well, consider it your Silver Anniversary, Paul ;-)
It would be awesome getting the chance to meet you and skate some cones.

One of us will post directions for you soon.
slalom is good

Glenn Chapman

Post by Glenn Chapman » Wed Aug 11, 2004 9:41 pm

How about 2:00pm Saturday.

Derek, Ben and I skated the big hill at lunch today. Derek set a crazy course, some 5' on top, some hard offsets, then a fast 6' section, more offsets that dumped you in to a 5.5' section. It was fun untill Ben crashed hard. Brused and scuffed hip, scraped elbow. He was hurting this afternoon hopefully he will be ready to ride on Saturday.

Paul Pellerin,
The directions can be found on http://www.ecysa.org/ go to the maps link and pick Gloucester. This spot is the entrance road for the Magnolia Woods soccer fields. The quick directions are 128N to exit 15(School St). Take a right at the end of the exit go 1/2 mile and turn left on to Lincoln. Follow to the end and take a left on to 127N. Follow for about 3.75miles. They are on the right hand side.

Paul Pellerin

MA.NH Training Days

Post by Paul Pellerin » Wed Aug 11, 2004 11:17 pm

Hey Matt & Glenn,

Thanks for getting back to me and welcoming me into the group. I printed out the directions, it looks easy enough to find (Compared to finding John in Boston). Sat. at 2:00 is fine with me.

I'm hoping someone can provide a board. My equipment will not be ready until the following weekend.

Thanks again!!

Matthew Wilson

hmmm

Post by Matthew Wilson » Wed Aug 11, 2004 11:47 pm

I don't have an extra tight deck, but you can definately use mine, Paul. Maybe JG can hook you up with a deck too. I'll shoot him an email.

2pm sounds good to me. Pray it doesn't rain. Friday is going to be wet and Saturday is overcast with 20% chance of showers. That was according to weather.com at 5:20 pm today.

I will bring a broom, 25 cones and some chalk. I will probably try and get there around 1:00-1:30 since I sort of have the day free.

Maybe Jim Siener can be pryed away from his new baby and wife for the afternoon (the baby is new, not the wife).

Maybe we can put you on a homemade BASS board, Paul!!
slalom is good

Glenn Chapman

Post by Glenn Chapman » Wed Aug 11, 2004 11:48 pm

Paul,
You can use one of my boards. See you all at 2:00pm Saturday. If anyone needs to be picked up at the train station let me know. If it rains on Saturday we will try and ride Sunday at 2:00pm.

Paul Pellerin

MA, NH Training Days

Post by Paul Pellerin » Thu Aug 12, 2004 8:41 am

Glenn & Matt,

Thanks again. I will see you guys on sat. Hopefully, you will set some cones for the novices. I have a lot to learn.

Thanks for the use of your board. Hopefully, I'll be all set with a T/S board by next week and within a month have the hybird board, as well.
I went with John's recommendations and found myself ordering from seven different places. Yikes!! Also for your info, I ordered a 100 cones if they are needed in the future.

John told me the slalmon crew was great to skate with and now I know.
The old school transition riders are not very welcoming. My wife is going to kill me as I spent a lot on park boards in the past year and ahalf. Now I have build my slalom quiver.

Best Regards

Matthew Wilson

money well spent

Post by Matthew Wilson » Thu Aug 12, 2004 2:50 pm

Paul,
Isn't slalom stuff just too much fun to buy, though?

Anyway, that storm moving up the coast is not looking all that nice for us this weekend. Cross our fingers and pray we're not going to get rained out.
slalom is good

Jim Siener
B.A.S.S.
B.A.S.S.

Post by Jim Siener » Thu Aug 12, 2004 4:33 pm

You know I want to slalom this weekend after the farm race but getting away from my 3 week old daughter may prevent it. I was fortunate to go to the farm. Its day by day with the new Mollygirl. She is great but needs a lot of TLC right now. I know the day and time for the session, if I show up it means I got lucky and will be ready to skate!

Joe Iacovelli

Post by Joe Iacovelli » Thu Aug 12, 2004 4:49 pm

I have prizes from the farm for Millie and Schwip. Please get in touch iaco@comcast(dot)net.

Jim's a sissy.

Joe

Jim Siener
B.A.S.S.
B.A.S.S.

Post by Jim Siener » Thu Aug 12, 2004 8:42 pm

Well if I'm a sissy, then this sissy beat your bare ass at the Farm. And who's the sissy who put on small cambrias to slow himself down???? Come on Joe put on some real wheels and take the hill like a man. I rode Grippins and figured even if I plowed cones I'd have speed on my side.

We should of had a sissy grudge match to make it official.

Matthew Wilson

Post by Matthew Wilson » Thu Aug 12, 2004 9:07 pm

Jim Siener wrote:Well if I'm a sissy, then this sissy beat your bare ass at the Farm. And who's the sissy who put on small cambrias to slow himself down???? Come on Joe put on some real wheels and take the hill like a man. I rode Grippins and figured even if I plowed cones I'd have speed on my side.

We should of had a sissy grudge match to make it official.
Jim, you're not a sissy.
slalom is good

Joe Iacovelli

Post by Joe Iacovelli » Thu Aug 12, 2004 9:29 pm

Dude, you being a sissy has nothing to do with skateboarding.

Doesn't mean I don't love you.

You've got a good point though. I should worry less about hitting cones and getting killed and just go faster. I need to go to less contests and come race with you boys more.

Joe