Old Skool Skateboard Day At Shoreham this Sunday (10th Oct)

Slalom Skateboarding in the UK.

Moderator: Rob Ashby

Ocean Sports Hove

Old Skool Skateboard Day At Shoreham this Sunday (10th Oct)

Post by Ocean Sports Hove » Wed Oct 06, 2010 2:29 pm

Image (alt+p)

Old Skool Dayz

“A celebration of 40 years of South Coast Skateboarding, since the early 70’s the South Coast has been a Mecca for Skaters – whether you were skating the Cage, Churchill Square or the Barn in the 70’s or the Level and Sea-front in the 80’s this event is for you….”

At Ocean Sports Skate Shop in Hove we’re always talking about the old days with customers, and we noticed a lot of the guys buying skateboards for their kids were getting one for themselves too…… muttering ” In my day it was Green Kryps” “I’ve still got my old Alva in the loft” or I always wanted one of those when I was a kid…..”

We thought wouldn’t it be cool to get these guys together again and after some skating (…and some pints…) with the Shoreham Skate Park user group Old Skool Dayz was planned.

Of course alot of skaters never stopped… here’s a chance for local Skaters to hook up with old mates, talk skating, swap stories - and of course have a skate or just watch and enjoy the nostalgia….

All Set to a rockin’ 70’s and 80’s soundtrack…. Ramones in the concrete bowl while skating a ’77 alva fade – should stir a few memories..!

We hope to have some special guest 70’s Skate legends there too… plus there will be a small exhibition of rare vintage skateboards…… which will take you right back…!

Prizes for period dress, cool old skateboards plus retro snacks on the day … we will also run a raffle to raise funds for the Skate Park lighting…

The day will be 100% fun…. Laid back as it all used to be……

So if you still have that old board in the loft – grab it out - get your Vans on and come down to Shoreham Skate Park Sunday October the 10th from 10am

Shoreham Skate Park
The Ham
Shoreham-by-Sea
West Sussex
BN43 6PW
www.shorehamskatepark.co.uk