Bude Slalom Saturday 2nd July 2005

Slalom Skateboarding in the UK.

Moderator: Rob Ashby

Gavin Randall

Bude Slalom Saturday 2nd July 2005

Post by Gavin Randall » Fri Apr 22, 2005 12:51 pm

Advance Notification (so you can book your B&Bs): Toby at Airculture has once again generously agreed to provide a closed road in Bude for a slalom event.

Full details will be forthcoming, but as it stands the racing will take place between 10am - 12noon on Saturday 2nd July 2005. It is possible that this will be full hill for at least 1hr of that time.

Start fee will be £5 in order to make a donation to the insurance costs for this event.

Help with course setting, timing etc would be appreciated.

For more info pm/mail me.

Gavin Randall

Post by Gavin Randall » Wed Jun 15, 2005 11:25 am

Cornish Open Slalom Champs 2005

Sponsored by Duffs, Ginsters, Roe Racing, Pocket Pistol, fatboyskates.co.uk, Khiro, octanesport.com, chillivideo.com

Saturday 2nd July 10am - 12noon
Bude, Cornwall

I am pleased to announce that fatboyskates.co.uk have stepped in to co-sponsor the race and will be providing some of their much acclaimed Bearing Lube and stickers for the prize pool and goody bag.

In addition Roe Racing, Pocket Pistol, Khiro and Duffs have also confirmed they will be providing decks and goodies for the prize pool.

I'm stoked that there has been so much support for this event, it now means that every racer will get a goody bag with t-shirt, stickers etc upon entering. Not bad for a fiver![/b]

Carsten Pingel
Carsten Pingel
Carsten Pingel

where is Bude ?

Post by Carsten Pingel » Wed Jun 15, 2005 12:05 pm

How could I get to Bude ? Flying to London and then by car ?

Gavin Randall

Post by Gavin Randall » Wed Jun 15, 2005 5:48 pm

Bude is about 4-5hrs drive from London, Heathrow would be the closest London airport (Stanstead, Luton and Gatwick are all the other side).

Alternatively you could get the ferry from France to Plymouth, then its about an hours drive.

Good road directions can be found by using the Route Finder function on www.rac.com or www.theaa.com

It may seem a long haul for a 2hr race, but the Skate Classic itself is a great event. The slalom starts off the day, then there is a street contest at the nearby skatepark, finally there is the downhill race in the late afternoon. Details of the street and downhill comp can be found at http://www.skateclassic.co.uk

In addition if you like a bit of roundwall, Cornwall is home to two of the best new bowls in the UK. The bowl at Tuckingmill (near Camborne) is about an hour further west, or for another 30mins you can sample the limitless lines of the Penzance superbowl (poss the best bowl in the UK).

If you would like further info please PM me via this site.

Gavin Randall

Post by Gavin Randall » Wed Jun 29, 2005 10:03 am

so what can you do with a saturday in July? paint the fence, mow the lawn, play with your woodworking tools... or come down to cornwall, support UK slalom, enjoy the excellent Skate Classic and take in the two best bowls in the UK!

The weather (according to the latest forecast) is looking dry for Saturday, so if you want to race for the title of Cornish Open Champion 2005 now's the time to jump on the boat.

if you need further encouragement, the latest sponsor is local brewery Sharps Brewery meaning that the podium finishers will be sipping/spraying a decent brew instead of cheap fizzy wine.

thanks to all the sponsors we also have a deep prize pool, everything from decks to beer openers, so its looking like every entrant will walk away with something.

for accom check out www.visitbude.com

cornish open slalom champs 2005
sat 2nd july 10am-12noon

sponsored by... chillivideo.com, duffs, fatboyskates.co.uk, ginsters, gravity skateboards, octanesport.com, pocket pistol, roe racing, sharps brewery

part of the bude skate classic (www.skateclassic.co.uk)

Heiko Schöller
Heiko
Heiko

Post by Heiko Schöller » Wed Jun 29, 2005 2:59 pm

Hello Carsten

Do you think about going there? Car to France then ship over and by car to Bude?
WWW.CONCRETEWAVE.DE
100% Skateshop and no fucking fashion store. GOG homebase.
WWW.PAVEL-SKATES.COM
Pavel über alles
ASSA = Anti Skateboard Slalom Association

Gavin Randall

Post by Gavin Randall » Wed Jun 29, 2005 4:07 pm

i've just checked, if you get the ferry to Plymouth it is 80km from there to Bude, quoted at 1hr20min drive time. you can get the route at http://rp.rac.co.uk/routeplanner.

if i can help with any more info either PM me or post on this thread.

Carsten Pingel
Carsten Pingel
Carsten Pingel

Sorry Guys,

Post by Carsten Pingel » Thu Jun 30, 2005 8:09 am

I checked the prices for the ferry ! :-( The price for 2 persons + 1 car is 350 EUR !!! plus accomodation and gas for the car.......that's definitely too much money for me to spent just for one weekend !
But for you guys,...have a lot of fun !
cheers from cologne.

Gavin Randall

Post by Gavin Randall » Fri Jul 01, 2005 3:22 pm

i've just got back from Sharps Brewery with 1/2litre bottles of their excellent Doom Bar for the podium festivities, plus some Doom Bar gift packs for prizes.

in total the prize stash - thanks to extremely generous sponsors Duffs, Fatboyskates.co.uk, octanesport.co.uk, pocketpistol, roe, chillivideo.com, sharps brewery, ginsters, gravity - stands at over 30 items. everything from decks to backpacks. do the math, with an entry of 30 racers max thats something for everyone! and in addition all racers will get upon sign on and payment of the fiver entry a free t-shirt courtesy of Ginsters.

you want more?

in order to encourage new racers octanesport have been persuaded to offer some extra special race-day only slalom completes, with cones, at a bargain price. anyone buying one in the morning will also get FREE entry into the slalom. can't say fairer than that!

and we've also sorted the weather, 20deg and sunny with the wind on our backs.

we've done our best, NOW SHOW UP AND RACE!

Cornish Open Slalom Championship
Sat 2nd July
10am-12noon
Crooklets Beach Road, Bude

sponsored by... chillivideo.com, duffs, fatboyskates.co.uk, ginsters, gravity, octanesport.com, pocketpistol, roe, sharps brewery

Gavin Randall

Post by Gavin Randall » Mon Jul 18, 2005 5:01 pm