LONGLEAT 2004

Slalom Skateboarding in the UK.

Moderator: Rob Ashby

Jon Warburton

LONGLEAT 2004

Post by Jon Warburton » Wed Jan 21, 2004 3:30 pm

WANTED
STAND UP, STREET LUGE AND SLALOM SKATEBOARD ATHLETES OF ALL NATIONS

Following several years of negotiations, Empire Sports Promotions ltd are delighted to announce that we have now secured a one mile racecourse within the private estate of Longleat House, Wiltshire, England on Friday 3rd – Saturday 4th September 2004, with Sunday as a reserve rain day. Events will include stand-up, street luge, and slalom. More information will follow very soon.
Places are limited to 32 in each discipline so please begin preparing your applications now. we need to know the following -

Name
Date of Birth
Nationality
Disciplines you wish to enter
Previous racing results
Passport style photo (if possible)
Plus a few words to introduce yourself

our website will be up in a few days so sit tight and we'll post the address soon.
DONT VOTE - IT ONLY ENCOURAGES THE BASTARDS

Mike Johnson

Post by Mike Johnson » Wed Jan 21, 2004 7:15 pm

Yes Jon i'm up for that, thanks for letting us great unwashed into your palatial abode....if we dont tug our forelocks do we get fed to the lions ;-)

Jon Warburton

longleat

Post by Jon Warburton » Thu Feb 05, 2004 4:49 pm

I would like to make it known that myself and event manager Caleb Clark are no longer involved in this event. I was ripped off for many weeks work and caleb quite simply hasnt got the time to deal with idiots. We do not feel that the promoter is capable of running an event to Longleats high standards as he has absolutely no experience and is not being completely truthful with Longleats staff. We feel that this is likely to result in the event foundering and eliminating any possibility of a true racing event at Longleat at any point in the future. I take no pleasure in posting this and wish any of you who get involved in this event the best of luck.
You'll need it
DONT VOTE - IT ONLY ENCOURAGES THE BASTARDS

Paul Keleher
Paul Keleher
Paul Keleher

Post by Paul Keleher » Fri Feb 06, 2004 1:47 am

Jon,

From an event i was really looking forward to, to this!!

i was dissapointed with the empire website, plus one or 2 other things ( see my Rant Elswhere!!)

Not sure now if i'll bother to register

see you at Brands then!!