Slalom - where to go?

A Forum For New Racers.

Moderator: Karl Floitgraf

Christopher Evert

Slalom - where to go?

Post by Christopher Evert » Tue Oct 22, 2019 8:41 pm

I belong to a large adult skateboard collector's group online... (I'm 45, we all seem to be in our 40's)
We have an annual bash in Cleveland, and this year one of the members decided to hold a very informal slalom race in the parking lot outside the skatepark where this bash is held. A couple hundred of our members showed up for Bash this year, but only 10 or 12 of us entered the Slalom race.

I happened to know a little bit about pumping, having had an LDP board from years ago - I just took those parts off and put them on a modified shorter board to emulate a real slalom setup - and with those two advantages (bear in mind again - none of us had any experience), I won the race!

I'd love to learn more about slalom, meet slalom skaters - more importantly, be able to actually DO slalom regularly enough to be a hobby.
I'm located in Buffalo NY, which is a pretty densely populated area 30 minutes from Niagara Falls - also less than 2 hours south of Toronto, 2 hours west of Syracuse 3 hours east of Cleveland and 3.5 hours from Pittsburg. Unfortunately, about 8 hours west of NYC.

Is there any slalom scene, events, meetups, enthusiasts, anything anywhere remotely accessible to me?