Setting up a Bahne Black Hills

A Forum For New Racers.

Moderator: Karl Floitgraf

Shane McFarland

Post by Shane McFarland » Thu Jun 19, 2003 3:48 am

My daughter went and got me a Black Hills deck for Fathers day.
so now i got to set it up.and i could use some help.
im going to put Tracker s/x trucks on it,but i noticed there is differnt hanger widths,so what size would be best for the Black Hill?
then the wheel choice is open,i dont have much expereince on slalom wheels.
then what angle wedges should i run and what risers,if any.
any info would be helpful.
thanks.
Shane.

Aaron Morris

Post by Aaron Morris » Thu Jun 19, 2003 11:47 pm

Shane,
Get the 106mm hangar rtx/s. and Dewedge the rear truck, and add wedge to the front truck.for wheels i would recommend the 3dm cambrias in82a, or 86a.
Aaron

Tod Oles
Lone Stranger Racing
Lone Stranger Racing

Post by Tod Oles » Wed Aug 06, 2003 3:57 am

Shane
please comment on the blackhills your
daughter got you for fathers day (lucky dog)! I'm new to this also, this is even my first post on any site whatsoever, anyway
I'd sure like to hear your comments on how
you finally set the board up and how it performs for you as it sounds as though
we're close in size. Thanks Tod

Shane McFarland

Post by Shane McFarland » Thu Aug 07, 2003 3:53 am

hey,
well i got the Blackhill set up with Tracker
105 racetrack x&s.i put medium bushings in the back truck.ive got it wedged front and rear,plus i put a 1/8" riser on the front.
i was getting wheel bite bad on 6 foot off set cones.then for now i got Abec stinger 88 and 81.i got harder ones orderd.
i am also playing around with a toe block,i started moving my front foot around for some reason.
my only complaint about the board is the wheel bite,but i guess that happens.
i realy like the way it rides,i dont notice any bad flexing.i have it set up on the shortest wheel base.(22 7/16)
ive been running a course that has 6 foot to 8 foot cone spacing,plus any where from no off set to 6 inches of off set.it starts off
with 6'straight then 6' with 3"offset to 6"offset.the 8'straight to 8' with off set that gets fairly wide.i guess its about 50 to 60 cones long.i dont make all of the cones,i have problems with the 6'offset ones.
so i guess its a great board.i would recomend it.but im new to slalom too.
i have fun tho.
Shane.

Tod Oles
Lone Stranger Racing
Lone Stranger Racing

Post by Tod Oles » Thu Aug 07, 2003 5:31 am

Shane
Thanks for the info. I recently gave my nephew my old 1/2 pipe rig and am looking to "get back to where I started" on an affordable ride that some old friends and I can hit some of the fresh new tarmac the state (Illinois) has been putting down.
As far as your wheel choice (stingers)
what kind of surface are you riding and how are they working? other wise I'm pretty familiar with the trackers' handling wedged
the way you have them. I think I'll order w/indy 101 on front and add a 1/4" more ride height to your set up I can alway change it,the funs in the journey! Thanks again Tod

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: tod oles on 2003-08-06 23:59 ]</font>

Will J
Will J
Will J

Post by Will J » Thu Aug 07, 2003 5:50 am

easy solution to wheel bite, add riser pads and get longer hardware. start adding 1/8" risers and work your way up..