Hello from NYC!

A Forum For New Racers.

Moderator: Karl Floitgraf

Jeff Vyain

Hello from NYC!

Post by Jeff Vyain » Mon Jul 18, 2011 8:21 pm

Took me forever to actually get on this forum. I tried like 10 times but never read the fine print that I needed to just put the ol' first and last name as my username. Anyway, just wanted to say hello and tell everybody that we are hosting a slalom session Sunday, July 31st, after the NYC Adrenalina Marathon on the 30th. So if anybody's going to this event, please stay an extra day and be a part of the growing scene here in NYC! We will be under the Manhattan bridge against the water. Time is currently TBD, but I will update this as soon as I have more info. Trying to correlate this event with a slide jam, so people can do everything!

Thanks for all the inspiration. I've been lurking here periodically for a good while now. Cheers!

Evan Brochu

Re: Hello from NYC!

Post by Evan Brochu » Tue Jul 19, 2011 10:02 pm

Hey Jeff, glad to see you were able to get signed up. Seems like that tip I gave you helped out. Anxious to try out that IndeeSZ I got from you a couple of weeks ago. Should be able to get it mounted up to a new Red Baron tomorrow.

Jonathan Harms
JBH - ISSA Treasurer
JBH - ISSA Treasurer

Post by Jonathan Harms » Mon Jul 25, 2011 4:26 pm

Jeff, thanks for reading the fine print :-) and getting on here! Stoked to see that you are setting something up in NYC. It would be great to see some more active slalomers on the East Coast.

I wish I could make it to the Adrenalina race, but after a broken ankle last fall and a major effort to organize our annual Slalom St. Louis race, I've found myself in no sort of shape to justify the time & expense to get out there. Good luck to you in the marathon and with the slalom session.

Ron Barbagallo
Fatboy

Post by Ron Barbagallo » Wed Jul 27, 2011 3:00 pm

Hey Jeff - welcome aboard!

I'm in Dirty Jersey. I think I might be making it to the Adrenalina on Saturday - look for me, I'm the fat guy who looks lost ;)

Fatboy
Evil Potentate
Team Fatboy - all hopped up on goofballs!

Still douchebags, but CLASSY douchebags ;)

UNDISPUTED WORLD CATAMARAN CHAMPS!

Gary Saenz

Post by Gary Saenz » Sat Jul 30, 2011 2:19 am

Jeff, welcome to THE slalom board. We do need more East Coast wigglers.

Wesley Tucker
1961-2013 (RIP)
1961-2013 (RIP)

Post by Wesley Tucker » Sat Jul 30, 2011 6:35 pm

Don't know where he got them but Marcio just posted results of the Adrenalina on Facebook and it looks as though Jeff won with a 1:31 time.