differences between tracker trucks - sk8kings Q.

A Forum For New Racers.

Moderator: Karl Floitgraf

Lawrence Kurtz

differences between tracker trucks - sk8kings Q.

Post by Lawrence Kurtz » Wed Feb 10, 2010 7:53 pm

I was browsing thru sk8 kings and see that they mod the full track hanger with the rts base plate. what is the difference in how the rtx truck feels compared to the fulltrack rts mod?

Also how does the mid track feel in slalom compared to the fulltrack.

And finally, how is the Skandall as a rear traction truck compared to the rts?

I noticed that Randal now makes a 28 degree baseplate. would this be a better choice than
the 35 degree baseplate?

Jonathan Harms
JBH - ISSA Treasurer
JBH - ISSA Treasurer

Post by Jonathan Harms » Thu Feb 11, 2010 6:55 pm

Can't comment from experience, but I bet if you called or e-mailed these questions to Sk8Kings, they'd give you a good answer.

Joe Iacovelli

Post by Joe Iacovelli » Thu Feb 11, 2010 7:05 pm

I was thinking the same thing JBH.

The only one I can comment on is that fulltracks will feel more stable than mids, but mids will turn more.

Almost all of us started with a RTX/s combo at 106mm, switch the stock bushings to something soft in the front, firmer in the rear, wedge the front, dewedge the back, and you are good to go for under $50.

Use the search button at the top of this page, there is a lot of set up info on here from the past 7-8 years.

Joe

Richy Carrasco
AXE Army
AXE Army

Re: differences between tracker trucks - sk8kings Q.

Post by Richy Carrasco » Fri Feb 12, 2010 6:40 am

Lawrence Kurtz wrote:I was browsing thru sk8 kings and see that they mod the full track hanger with the rts base plate. what is the difference in how the rtx truck feels compared to the fulltrack rts mod?

Also how does the mid track feel in slalom compared to the fulltrack.

And finally, how is the Skandall as a rear traction truck compared to the rts?

I noticed that Randal now makes a 28 degree baseplate. would this be a better choice than
the 35 degree baseplate?
Sk8kings has always put an effort into finding and offering inexpensive racing solutions which have also been proven by podium results throughout the years.

The FT RTS front is the setup we offer most now because of the efficient response this matchup gives. We still offer the X for those who prefer that and it can be spec'd for our stock completes.

The Mid is 85 mm which is really narrow for today's higher speed easy course situations that we end up riding more and more. Unless you are The Legend Luca you might want to go with standard 106 mm dimension trucks. I use the mids for 360s .....They work great!

The Skandal is a cut down Randal and with the baseplate of 35 degree and some super dewedging you can get the kingpin near vertical which gives you the feel of high end traction trucks. Because of the axle location the Skandals fight lifting more than standard trucks will. I woud recommend the 28d baseplate for less derad wedging. The downside is those baseplates cost alot more because they are custom treated for downhill apps in production. The extra wedging is less money to get the angle.

Hi Joe and Harmicidal Tendencies!

Jonathan Harms
JBH - ISSA Treasurer
JBH - ISSA Treasurer

Post by Jonathan Harms » Fri Feb 12, 2010 6:46 am

Oi!

Lawrence Kurtz

Post by Lawrence Kurtz » Fri Feb 12, 2010 7:06 am

Thnx guys..this clears a lot of it up. Always a challenge sorting out the differences between equipment....

No...if only I can get the technique right.

Richy Carrasco
AXE Army
AXE Army

Post by Richy Carrasco » Thu Mar 18, 2010 8:24 pm

Yo , If you are at Texas check out Yandalls board !

Claude Regnier
Claude Regnier
Claude Regnier

Mids

Post by Claude Regnier » Fri Mar 19, 2010 5:51 pm

I rode mids for years and used my front in Paris for the TS a couple of times. Great for flat or sub 25 mph courses. Even a great truck to work on uphill pumping, ouch!!!!!

Great for the price but has it's limitations like most products having certain benefits and drawbacks under certain circumstances.
Many Happy Pumps!