1st post + i need some advice

A Forum For New Racers.

Moderator: Karl Floitgraf

Chris Lagace

1st post + i need some advice

Post by Chris Lagace » Fri Feb 05, 2010 8:52 pm

Hello everyone i am new to slalom but familiar with longboarding in general. i've had a recent interest in slalom since zak maytom and joel putrah came up to UNC and ripped cones (it was so cool) but anywayyyy on to the newbie part. first off i have a pavel texas outlaws board and i have no idea how much the tail is wedged so dialing in the back is kindof hard to do. right now i have the back dewedged 21 degrees with a radikal 35 baseplate with a split pro 90mm (spaced out). (note i also have a chicken wing but the axels kind of sink so i tend to avoid using it and i also have a spherical modded split 107mm) my front is a bennett 4.3 with 23 degrees of wedging i also have a rtx (which i do not like as much as the bennett) which brings me to my other question. should i purchase a rad claw or a vite? i understand the vite is primary a ts truck but i was wondering if it could be used as a gs truck as well. im leaning more to the rad side since i know ow they ride and they can be spaced out for wider axel lengths but the vite is sooo sexy and im guessing it has a similar feel to the bennett which i have more experience on. another quick question is what is the max you can wedge the bennett? so i guess the real question is how would you guys set up a board using the equipment i have. i understand everyone rides differently but im curious how other people would set up using this equipment so i have a better idea for a starting point.

sorry for the long post and thanks in advance

chris

Joe Iacovelli

Post by Joe Iacovelli » Sat Feb 06, 2010 9:15 pm

check your pm's

gotta ask you some questions

short answer tough is, no don't buy anything yet until you optomize what you have