What board to buy!?

A Forum For New Racers.

Moderator: Karl Floitgraf

Henrik Lillhage

What board to buy!?

Post by Henrik Lillhage » Thu Jun 25, 2009 3:44 pm

Hey, I just registered to the forum, so I'm not sure if it's the right topic.

I'm going to buy my first longboard, and I'm paying about 3600 SEK (about 370 euros) for it.

Now, my question is, which one to buy?

I've been looking at the Loaded Vanguard, I think its a really cool board, and the big wheels should make it roll with less shaking and wobbling.

I'm basically going to use it for freeriding, no extreme stuff but I still want a really good board since there is going to be some training in all aspects of boarding.

Bottom line: I'm a noob longboarder that wants a real good board to start off with. I rather ride it and learn it than buy more and more expensive boards. I'm diving in the deep end.

I'm greatful for all replies

Henrik

Robert Gaisek
Robo
Robo

Post by Robert Gaisek » Thu Jun 25, 2009 5:25 pm

You know this is a slalom-site, do you?

Are you Swedish?
Om du är det så ville jag bara informera om att denna site i huvudsak handlar om slalom.

The "shake and wobble"-part is in your head and legs. If you relax and don´t think about all the shit that can go wrong, you will not have any problems with that.
Another very good thing is to ride hills that you can manage and not try to go ballistic right from the start.

I personally don´t like boards that look the same from both ends, and I can´t see the thrills with a very flexy one either.
If you wanna go fast and carve hard, you have much better control with a stiffer, concave board.
I like DREGS Alpine.

......but what do I know.....I´m old......and fat.

Brian Ellison

Post by Brian Ellison » Sun Jun 28, 2009 6:39 pm

you should really check out www.silverfishlongboarding.com for better advice for what you are looking for. i personally dislike both the vangaurd and dervish. you'd be much better off with something along the lines of a neversummer or and earthwing superglider