still having some issues

A Forum For New Racers.

Moderator: Karl Floitgraf

Lawrence Kurtz

still having some issues

Post by Lawrence Kurtz » Thu May 21, 2009 5:54 pm

I had a kid video me and then I compared my pump to other vids. It looked like I have it wrong. Its almost like Im wiggling my board like one of those rip sticks. I'm wondering if my front truck is too turny. Should I put on less wedge? Right now its a stock bennett with soft khiro bushings, set at 15 degrees. The wheel base is around 20 inches and I dewedged and stiffened up the rear. Maybe its just turning too much? I'll put it to you this way, if I lean into the turn I can do a full circle in less than 6 feet diameter. If I maintain the soft setup which I like, but do an 8 degree wedge up front instead, will that help?

Karl Floitgraf
Slalomspot.com
Slalomspot.com

Post by Karl Floitgraf » Thu May 21, 2009 6:23 pm

From my limited experience with Bennets, they require a lot less wedging than other trucks.
BOSTON BAKED BEAN
HONORARY TEXAS OUTLAW

Rick Floyd
Pink Floyd Skates
Pink Floyd Skates

Re: still having some issues

Post by Rick Floyd » Fri May 22, 2009 8:05 pm

Lawrence Kurtz wrote:I had a kid video me and then I compared my pump to other vids. It looked like I have it wrong. Its almost like Im wiggling my board like one of those rip sticks. I'm wondering if my front truck is too turny. Should I put on less wedge? Right now its a stock bennett with soft khiro bushings, set at 15 degrees. The wheel base is around 20 inches and I dewedged and stiffened up the rear. Maybe its just turning too much? I'll put it to you this way, if I lean into the turn I can do a full circle in less than 6 feet diameter. If I maintain the soft setup which I like, but do an 8 degree wedge up front instead, will that help?
What Karl said - I raced on a Bennett front last year...+5 degrees for TS/HY and Flat 0 degrees for GS/SGS.

Try a yellow 75a stim on the bottom (with a cup and riser washers under it). Makes it WAY more stable.

-R
"All the money in the world can not buy sharing the excitement of life with other people. Nothing else matters."

- Jason Mitchell (Criddlezine Interview)

Brian Ellison

Post by Brian Ellison » Sat May 23, 2009 4:24 pm

i have my bennett at 10* with green/pink reflex bushings. i like it well enough